News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Memphis' 70 resto-mod

Started by Memphis Mopar, February 28, 2012, 08:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

Quote from: Memphis Mopar on August 23, 2013, 04:08:09 PM
@ Stevearino Thanks for the feeback on the Go-Jak's.@ Budnicks thanks for the support as always. @ Wicked72 Thanks bro  :cheers:
:2thumbs: any time  :drool5: it's a great build  :Twocents:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

tan top

nice work !!  clever stuff  :yesnod: :popcrn: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Memphis Mopar

Just a quick update. Car is going back together for final mock up. Still have to buy a few more things as we all know this just comes down to time and money.

Budnicks

Quote from: Memphis Mopar on October 08, 2013, 04:07:34 PM
Just a quick update. Car is going back together for final mock up. Still have to buy a few more things as we all know this just comes down to time and money.
what tires & wheels are those ?? sizes & brands, sorry if that has been covered already

Memphis Mopar

The wheels are Foose Knights. The fronts are 18 x 9 & the rears are 19 x 12. The tires are Nitto  Invo's.
Tire size:for the front is 275 40 18 and the rear is 345 30 19. They are Z rated.

WHITE AND RED 69

That's some serious size tires going on there   :o   Looks real good.   :2thumbs:  Can't wait to see em mounted up and on the ground.

That 345 makes the 275 look like a toothpick.   :lol:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

69 ROCKET

Are you tubbing the rear to fit the 345 tyre in rear?

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on October 08, 2013, 11:04:53 PM
That's some serious size tires going on there   :o   Looks real good.   :2thumbs:  Can't wait to see em mounted up and on the ground.

That 345 makes the 275 look like a toothpick.   :lol:

I'd say! I'm running 275 rear and 245 front  :o
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Memphis Mopar

@ White and Red.. I know I cant wait either. The fronts should be mounted sometime this week. I will be ordering the rear end ( S60 ) from strange in a few weeks, then the backs will be mounted.  @ 69 Rocket...Yes the back was mini tubbed.......@ RideLikeHell......LOL I had to go with the 345's to fill in the mini tub. This build had been going on Since Feb 2012, At times it seems that the progress has been slow and has hurt the old wallet but getting to the final mock up stages visual progress has begun. I hope to have this off to body and paint in the next few months.  :cheers:

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Memphis Mopar

Thanks RLH..Seeing some of the projects come full circle on here keeps me motivated to keep pushing to get my finished.  :cheers:

Budnicks

Quote from: Memphis Mopar on October 08, 2013, 07:45:41 PM
The wheels are Foose Knights. The fronts are 18 x 9 & the rears are 19 x 12. The tires are Nitto  Invo's.
Tire size:for the front is 275 40 18 and the rear is 345 30 19. They are Z rated.
Thanks for the info & sizes  :2thumbs: , I can't wait to see the final product... sorry to be such a pest, what were the front & rear wheel backspacing ?? I'm just curious, I like to know that stuff, just in case, you never know....

Memphis Mopar

@Budnicks....The front has a 5.0" backspace and the rear has a 5.5" backspace.  :cheers:

Budnicks

Quote from: Memphis Mopar on October 17, 2013, 09:41:40 PM
@Budnicks....The front has a 5.0" backspace and the rear has a 5.5" backspace.  :cheers:
Thanks  :cheers: , that's good to know... I got to see her on the ground, bet it looks awesome, tires filling the wheel wells...

Memphis Mopar

Well it sure has been a while since I have updated my build. Some how in the past year I tore a tendon and a ligament in my left elbow.  I thought I just had a bad case of tendinitis.... I  Been having to take it a little easy and looks as if surgery is in the plans. Went up today to see final progress before the car goes on ice for a bit. Hate to do it but gotta save $$$ Doc says I could be out of work for 12 weeks.  :brickwall:

Memphis Mopar

Here is a few shots from today

Memphis Mopar

:cheers:

cudaken

Memphis, while it is not my taste for a Charger or any 60's to 70's Mopar it is being well done. I would have left the stock door handles, and the wheels :shruggy: just don't like anything bigger than a 15 inch wheel.  :shruggy: I do like how wide the rear hides are!  :2thumbs: New style gas cap? :scratchchin: Like the stock one better but the new one is not bad.

I do hope you are leaving a stock dash! It is one of the best designs I have ever seen.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Homerr

Ouch!  Those body lines are nice and sharp.   :2thumbs:

Stevearino

Man ... That's all top shelf stuff you got under that ride. You are definitely not cutting any corners on this build. Better to moth ball it while you recover and then hit it hard when you are back on your feet. Makes me wish I had a little more dough to have put more in the way of new skin on my build.  :scratchchin: Maybe next time. Everything looks great. :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Memphis Mopar

@ Cuda Ken.. I hear ya.. I know some will not like my build. I am a Old school look with some upgrades with all modern drive line and comforts.  Even though the 68-70 chargers are getting harder to find I wanted to stamp out my own path. The dash will be custom. Not sure of a final product yet. My dash is so toast only the frame was worth keeping....@ Stevearino. Thanks bro. a lot of blood sweat and tears have came from my wallet and a HELL of a lot of hours at Tropicana to keep this build going. It stinks that I gotta take a break but that's just the way it goes.

cudaken

Memphis, I sure don't hate what you are doing. I would have done a few things different. It is not like I keep my cars stock, you should have heard the moans when I stuck the blower on my Charger.  :lol:

I will be watching how it is coming.

Cuda Ken

I am back

440 Fanatic

Quote from: Memphis Mopar on February 28, 2012, 08:14:51 PM
Yesterday my 70 went to the shop. Josh who is the same guy who did bobby's 69 charger will be doing the resto. This has been a long time coming and was put on the back burner for a while because of a divorce. The direction that the project will be going is geared towards a resto-mod. The car is being sand blasted then the metal work will begin. I am super excited pictures will be posted as progress is made.

I Absolutely LOVE the paint Scheme !!!!!!!!!

440 Fanatic

Quote from: cudaken on March 22, 2014, 08:41:56 AM

Memphis, I sure don't hate what you are doing. I would have done a few things different. It is not like I keep my cars stock, you should have heard the moans when I stuck the blower on my Charger.  :lol:

I will be watching how it is coming.

Cuda Ken

Ken,  you back on Bro?

cudaken

Yep 440 Fanatic, the Mopar Fire is back!

Ken
I am back