News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HELP! I Need closeup pictures of alternator brackets for 68 440 with A/C

Started by Chargermoneypit, February 19, 2012, 09:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargermoneypit

It seems that I had all the correct brackets for a 69 and newer Charger RT 440 alternator mounting set up. If I am understanding it correctly that the 67 and 68 are the same. I had someone send me a picture of the hardware needed but I cannot find any pictures of this set up on the car.  I am missing the bracket that attaches to the head with three bolts, and the spacer which goes behind the idler pulley, and there is a strap of some kind that goes from the pulley bolt to the alternator as well as the upper adjusting bracket and heater hose bracket.  If someone out there has a 68 with A/C and the same set up I would be appreciative if you can post a good set of photos as a reference until I can get mine figured out. If anyone happens to have the hardware I need and would be willing to sell it  please drop me a PM. Thanks

gtx6970

Correct , 1967 and 1968 use the same bracketry

The lower alternator bracket is cast iron and looks similar to this( this is NOT it )

gtx6970

67 and 68 alternators adjust from the upper side of the alternator , there for use this bracket on top

Chargermoneypit

Thanks for the help. I found all the correct brackets and hardware and in the car they went. The system is different from 68 to 69 with air conditioning.