News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tail panel blackout

Started by twodko, February 27, 2012, 01:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

Hey gang,

I just dropped the car off at the body shop for is booboo repair. While it's there i'm having the tail panel blacked out. Do any of you have a pix or drawing of exactly where the masking lines should be? Thanks.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Troy

:D This will be fun...

In general, the masking line connects the "dots" (ie trim holes on top and sides). At the bottom it goes to - and covers the top of - the "ledge" behind the bumper. The "issue" becomes the sides between the trim and the bumper where only the tail panel is visible. There is a wide discrepancy here with regards to cars I've seen at shows. I think most people go straight down from the middle of the lowest edge of the trim. Some people cover the entire tail panel and others use a line from under the quarter extension to the corner of the ledge behind the bumper.

I have pics somewhere but can't access them at the moment.

A 68 has a complete circle of trim which makes it nice because you really can just connect the dots.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Domino

twodko

Hey Troy,

Thanks for that. The connect the dots and the lip that the bumper goes over was pretty obvious to me. My query was about the differences about te transition from the quarter trim "J" molding down to tar lip. It seems tg masking line should drop straight down from the "J" trim. I thinks that's where I'm headed but I'll run it byvthe body shop.
By the way, how have you and yours been? Hope all is well.

green69rt

Got this off the 69hemi site.  That site has so much detail info!

http://www.69hemi.com/bodypaint.html

twodko

That's just what I was looking for, thank you! I hope the link will let me copy and print that for the body shop.

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

green69rt

Quote from: twodko on February 27, 2012, 05:00:49 PM
That's just what I was looking for, thank you! I hope the link will let me copy and print that for the body shop.

Yeap, just right click on the picture and a menu will come up, one option on the menu is to "save picture as..."

bakerhillpins

The 69 Charger registry has a tech bulletin on it:
http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/exterior.html

It's down at the bottom of the page.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T