News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Barn Find

Started by Hobbles, February 24, 2012, 11:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbles

I bought this from a local guy. Been sitting in a barn for years.

All the floor pans and wheel wells and frame rails are good.

Just have to fix some dents here and there and get her repainted.

Already have the engine and transmission out.

So time to tackle the body.

I will post updates as i go.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Nice looking find!

Welcome to the site  :cheers:

Hobbles

Yeah, I cant WAIT to get it on the street!!!!!

nvrbdn

that is sweet. how was the interior?
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fitz73Chrgr

Nice!  Looks like you've got a great starting point!
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

404NOTFOUND

Looks good. Are you going to keep the same colour? It seems to suit the first generation cars well.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

Hobbles

@ nvrbdn: The interior was already stripped when i got it. But i have ALL of it. In fact, I have 2 of just about everything for the interior. Going to have the seats recovered, And all the interior panels. And replacing all carpet.

@ 404notfound: Yes, Going to go with the same color. I agree, It looks good on this body style.

Only thing i will not be putting back is the stripe. Dont care for it.

Also, I have the original hood ( No Scoop ) And i am trying to decide if i should use it, Or the one that is on it.

Decisions decisions..............

Ghoste

Nice score, makes me have second thoughts about getting rid of mine.  (hmmm, 67 super stock hood scoop, one of Bryans last spoilers, repaint...)

J.Bond

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Hobbles

I like the scoop, Just dont know for sure i want it.

I can make it completely functional if i want to, I am one of those guys that can fabricate anything lol.

But i like the looks of the original hood too.

I have always built Chevys ( Dont cuss me! ) But have always wanted to do a 66 Charger.

My dad had a 66 when i was a kid. it had the 440 in it and i loved to go out riding around in with him.

I always thought the way the back seats lay down were cool. And the sloped back. I think they were just gorgeous cars. And always said i would have one.

Another plus on this car is, They guy had rebuilt the engine and transmission before he put them back in the car. But he hadn't started it yet. So i fired it up just to see how it ran and was pleasantly surprised. It sounds real good. And i can tell by listening that he at the very least put a performance cam in it. And it has a weand intake manifold. And some nice Mopar valve covers. So some of the work was already done for me.

I think this is going to be one of the most fun builds i have ever done. And i have done a lot of them.

nh_mopar_fan

nvrbdn

the wheels look nice on there also. what a score. he just got tired of it or what? is there a story? got bored? anyway, it all paid for you. great find. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bill440rt

Congrats on that find!
Looks like a clean car that's been sitting in a barn for years.
What's the story? Inquiring minds want to know!
:popcrn:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

Don't forget to register with the 66-67 Charger Registry if the car isnt already in there.  ;)

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Hobbles

Quote from: nvrbdn on February 24, 2012, 12:26:19 PM
the wheels look nice on there also. what a score. he just got tired of it or what? is there a story? got bored? anyway, it all paid for you. great find. :2thumbs:

The guy who originally bought it out of the barn is the one who did the engine and transmission, And made an attempt at the body work.

He sold it to the guy i bought it from. he was hard up for money and had to let it go.

So...........The guy I bought it from owned it for 4 months. And he did nothing to it lol.

He is a police officer, And just works too much and didnt have the money or knowledge to get it going again.

So he sold it to me, And i own my own auto repair business. And i know how to do what needs done.

As i understand it, the car sat in a barn for 15 years.

And now it is in my shop, And it WILL be restored to its former glory.

68X426

Quote from: Hobbles on February 24, 2012, 01:55:53 PM
And now it is in my shop, And it WILL be restored to its former glory.

Forget the former glory, it's all about the new glory for you!  :2thumbs:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

chargermike

congrats. nice car i like the blue. and yes i would can the scoop. dont see alot of first gens. :2thumbs:

DREDILSKI

Some guys have all the luck.  :D
Great find and congrats.
DRE - 73' Charger 360 SE

Hobbles

Pulled the front and rear glass out of it, And found out the original color scheme.

It was white with red interior.

I actually have red and blue and brown seats for it.

Wasn't sure which seats it originally came with.

made contact with the guy who originally bought it and he said they were red.

I am still going with the blue exterior and the black interior though.

I think that will look much better.

Ghoste

Not dissing on white but I think you are making the right choice. :Twocents: :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

yep, that blue looks great on that body. :2thumbs: but, i have to add, im not a fan of red interior at all on most cars, but white with red interior on that body style just looks sweet. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House