News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Epic Charger Fail

Started by Laxy, February 26, 2012, 11:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laxy

Maybe he should've just bought a '71 Cuda:

71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

Fred

Geez, for a minute there I thought I was looking at a 71 Cuda ha ha!!
People sure do have some crazy ideas!  :eek2:
I do love that billboard on the Cuda though.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

73rallye440magnum

I just can't warm up to a tail panel that isn't black.

For me, the billboard is tolerable, but not the tail panel. Everyone has their own idea of what looks best! Looks like a very nice paint job, and a Hemi.
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

Fred

Quote from: 73rallye440magnum on February 27, 2012, 12:06:00 AM

For me, the billboard is tolerable, but not the tail panel. Everyone has their own idea of what looks best! Looks like a very nice paint job, and a Hemi.

I'm with you on the tail panel, definitely needs to be black for me. :yesnod:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Laxy

Yeah from the back it looks disastrous. From the side not so bad, even though it destroys the trademark 2nd gen hipline.... and it's lifted from a Plymouth...  :smilielol:

It's a Hemi with a 4-speed too. I didn't think it was humanly possible to make a black Hemi/4-speed 68 Charger look bad until now!!
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

1974dodgecharger

Gregory

[quote It's a Hemi with a 4-speed too. I didn't think it was humanly possible to make a black Hemi/4-speed 68 Charger look bad until now!!
[/quote]

Agreed

Kern Dog

Only a foreigner would do that!
Okay, I cheated. The license plate on the rear looks European.....

Laxy

Haha yep a foreigner, but Australian! This car was photographed at a show on the weekend in Adelaide, South Australia (not by me).

It is a 'trade plate' which is why it looks weird. Trade plates here are used by businesses to temporarily drive unlicensed cars.

doctor4766

Had to be a South Australian lol.

Might have looked better in a dark red that stripe if he REALLY had to do it.

But the tail panel sucks.
Nearly as much as a single wheeled burnout hey
Gotta love a '69

Laxy

That thing would need a twin spin burnout in the hope that smoke would cover up the abortions on the quarters and across the back...

tan top

nice looking 68  :drool5:    shame about the billboards  :yesnod: :down: not for me , but each to their own  :yesnod:

love the look  of centrelines on a charger  :drool5: :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

404NOTFOUND

Coulda, woulda, shoulda bought a Cuda.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

Ghoste

There are reasons some things are not done by the factory.

41husk

I don't care for it and would change it if I owned it, but it does not ruin the car.   If the owner likes it no harm done enjoy!!!! :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Aero426

QuoteI didn't think it was humanly possible to make a black Hemi/4-speed 68 Charger look bad until now!!

I consider this to be the all time benchmark of how to mess up a '68 Charger.

Ghoste

Great, I was just beginning to regain eyesight afte the last time I clicked on a post with that thing in it and now I have to scrub them with sandpaper again.

(I guess that means I agree with you huh?)

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: Aero426 on February 27, 2012, 10:08:30 AM

QuoteI didn't think it was humanly possible to make a black Hemi/4-speed 68 Charger look bad until now!!

ditto, I recall that one on ebay for some crazy money & no sale, not sure how to fix that one besides as parts car for ... not sure actually for what :lol: :lol:

Ghoste

Yes, that one was in many ways a deliberate effort to "unCharger" a Charger while maintaining just enough visual clues to give away what kind of car it used to be.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Agreed, that 68 is awful! Did it sell?

TiMopar

Did a 'foreigner' do that?

Aero426

Quote from: TiMopar on February 27, 2012, 11:31:31 AM

Did a 'foreigner' do that?

Nope.  Done right here in the good old US of A.  

Aero426

Quote from: Ghoste on February 27, 2012, 10:17:46 AM
Great, I was just beginning to regain eyesight afte the last time I clicked on a post with that thing in it and now I have to scrub them with sandpaper again.

I know what you mean.   Kind of like how I feel seeing the Barracuda Bird popping up all over. 

Ghoste

Yes I know what you mean.   Some cars just need a good... :flush:

73rallye440magnum

It got better
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

TruckDriver

Quote from: Fred on February 27, 2012, 12:07:48 AM
Quote from: 73rallye440magnum on February 27, 2012, 12:06:00 AM

I'm with you on the tail panel, definitely needs to be black for me. :yesnod:
:iagree:

I agree too. Even if the tail panel is a different color, like blue on a blue car, it still doesnt look right to me :P  Gotta be black for me personally.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Darkman

When I saw pics of that Charger, I instantly thought I'd better hurry up and get mine done. Even thought it is a hemi and a 4 speed, the paint job would almost turn me away from really looking at it.

I am not proud that this Charger is in Adelaide
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Kern Dog

That gold and black car is an example of a guys vision......
"Hey, these cars are great, but I have a vision of a BETTER design! Lets shorten the car and put some tall wheels on it. "
Not good. The long flowing lines are a styling detail that adds to the appeal. I wonder if he forced his wife to get a breast reduction  and ass liposuction?

elacruze

Personally I like the tail panel. The billboard is a bit too much, though.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.