News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Building the Birdhouse.........

Started by Hemi Runner, February 26, 2012, 09:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

Quote from: Hemi Runner on April 01, 2012, 04:44:08 PM
Still a long list of things to do before the concrete can be poured. I won't do like the other guy in his garage thread and rag on the contractor cuz I'm the contractor on this one lol... So far it's been me, my dad, two buddies with some big equipment(many thanks!!) and some help from rattlehead_74.

Budnicks, I feel your pain. I have a small two car garage on the house and it's JAMMED full of junk. Working in it is not an option! This will solve that problem!!
:hah: I'm in the same boat, I build all my own stuff  :brickwall: , I was a general contractor for 25 years or so, I usually specialized in Automotive dealerships, facility management & commercial property, much easier than dealing with residential properties, after spending 10 or so years doing remodeling 700+, room additions, kitchen & bathrooms mostly, dealing with homeowners was not real fun, they were also usually cheapscates too boot  :shruggy:, I like my contractor  :smilielol: he does what I'm thinking  :nana:...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

NHCharger

looking good :cheers: :cheers:
Yeah it takes time doing it yourself. It took me two years to build my shop. did everything myself except the concrete work. Luckily I had two sons that I enlisted to help. Nothing like "involuntary labor" at 7 AM on a Saturday :lol:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Hemi Runner

We're doing pretty good for just a couple months into it. I'd like to have it all dried in with the roof on by late May. It'll have trusses so it shouldn't be too hard to get that much done. I should have all the wall framing done by next weekend and then I'll order the trusses. The backventing will be done tomorrow which should allow me to get the inspection done tuesday or wednesday. With that out of the way, I can prepare for concrete while I wait on the trusses to be made and delivered.

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

PocketThunder

I've never seen framing going up with green grass for the floor of the shop.. :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Hemi Runner

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 05, 2012, 10:08:41 AM
I've never seen framing going up with green grass for the floor of the shop.. :icon_smile_big:
Now you have!!  :smilielol: I'm thinking the roof will be on before I even get the plumbing done.... i flunked my inspection, lol, for not having long sweep elbows on the flat pipe :brickwall: Darned contractors :D :shruggy: :nana:

Hemi Runner

OK, so I got the plumbing done... finally. Finished all the wall framing and started putting up trusses. I'll post some pics.

Charger4404spd

Hemi Runner

rattlehead_74

Very nice Mike...the roadrunners will be very happy in there new home!

twodko

How sweet is that!!! Would code require steel to span the whole garage opening or do they allow DuraLam beams? Super pricey either way I suspect. Looking great.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Hemi Runner

Got the rest of the trusses up today and then got rained out before we could get the sheathing up on the roof :RantExplode:

TUFCAT

I love it. Are you going to build a "Fonzi room" upstars?  :icon_smile_tongue:

Hemi Runner

LOL, that room is 12' wide by 44' long by 80" tall with the 2x8's angling in on both sides. I just wanted it for storage but a Fonzi room would be hilarious... eeehhhhhhh........ :2thumbs:..............:smilielol: