News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Building the Birdhouse.........

Started by Hemi Runner, February 26, 2012, 09:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastbackJon

Quote from: Hemi Runner on February 28, 2012, 08:50:49 PM
Quote from: max on February 28, 2012, 10:44:47 AM
The only thing I see wrong is, it's not big enough.  :lol:

It's 28x44 which is about 1/2 what I wanted but the city max is 1250sqft. ::)

You can build upwards right? I have a 24x40 garage and a full loft above that, with 80% dedicated to parts storage and a workshop in the other 20%.

The county doesn't recognize the loft area and only has the garage down at 960 sq ft.

<edit> I see my question was answered... 21 ft height max. Then put in a basement!!
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Hemi Runner

Yeah I'm kinda restricted. I still have the two car garage attached to the house for the finished project cars and I can double the square footage of that in the future if need be.

TUFCAT

PocketThunder

Are you going to put styrofoam on the foundation wall on the inside? 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Hemi Runner

Yes, we'll foam the inside wall and back fill with pea gravel. I'm currently researching alternative insulation blankets for under the floor as the foam cost is $1500 alone, almost as much as the concrete.

RallyeMike

Quoteback fill with pea gravel

Curious why backfill with pea gravel in your area? Around here pea gravel just makes for a nice aquifer where you don't want one.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Hemi Runner

What we used was more like fill sand than pea gravel. We used it mainly as fill so we could use the dirt elsewhere around the building. The water table isn't high enough here for the fill sand/pea gravel to be a problem.

TUFCAT

Good to see your workbench already in position :D

Hemi Runner

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 15, 2012, 09:27:24 PM
Good to see your workbench already in position :D
LOL, that one will get cut up and burnt when we're done. It just has to last until the structure is built. That entire wall will be filled with base cabinets(kitchen style) and covered with a work bench top.

Hemi Runner

Did a little framing and stood up the first 12' of the back wall and nailed it in place.... 12' x 12'  2x6 wall is pretty heavy to lift by yourself :brickwall: :smilielol:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Hemi Runner on March 21, 2012, 09:30:15 PM
Did a little framing and stood up the first 12' of the back wall and nailed it in place.... 12' x 12'  2x6 wall is pretty heavy to lift by yourself :brickwall: :smilielol:

Yes they are. Any more progress?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Hemi Runner

We've made some more progress, I just haven't had time to post the pictures. Maybe later today. We've gotten the entire south wall framed and up and another 12' section on the west wall. I took a break from framing and had the fill put inside the foundation which allowed us to put down the rest of the plumbing for the floor drains. Still need to back vent them and get the rough in inspection on plumbing so I can work on getting the floor poured. Once I get the OK, I can level the fill, put down the foam and install PEX for the floor heat. I want to add air lines under the floor from the compressor room and run some electrical conduit under there as well. I had to dyno a 528 hemi yesterday  :coolgleamA: so no progress on the shop and with the storms here last night, the mud will keep me from doing much today besides mowing the front lawn and weedwacking the back if it dries up enough.   :eek2: On a more positive note, my aluminum hemi block showed up last week for the twin turbo superbird engine.

Hemi Runner

1st section of wall in place.....

Hemi Runner

Hemi Runner

Next section and top plate going on....

Hemi Runner

Doesn't look like much from this far away.....

Budnicks

I understand you need for a bigger shop... It's starting to take shape, looks pretty damn good  :2thumbs: , I will be finishing my shop some day, I currently only have the roof & posts for a 28ft x 42ft x 14ft tall shop, currently storing Pop's boat & RV, out of the weather & will continune on it, after he's done RVing, in a couple of years max, I have big plans for it, the little 19ft x 19ft original 2 car attached garage, is just way too small, to work in without have to move 1 of the 2 cars out & then be able to have any room to work...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Hemi Runner

Still a long list of things to do before the concrete can be poured. I won't do like the other guy in his garage thread and rag on the contractor cuz I'm the contractor on this one lol... So far it's been me, my dad, two buddies with some big equipment(many thanks!!) and some help from rattlehead_74.

Budnicks, I feel your pain. I have a small two car garage on the house and it's JAMMED full of junk. Working in it is not an option! This will solve that problem!!