News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone ever hear of a "T-5" Mustang in the mid 60's?

Started by b5blue, February 26, 2012, 10:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Back in the late 70's I had a 65 rag top Mustang, 289 4bbl 4speed car. Traveling around in the USAF I ran into an old guy in Mississippi or Louisiana with a few old stangs of his own. He spun a yarn about a T-5 limited edition Mustang, all black with every part that would have been chrome in gold, handles,bumpers,dash trim, no chrome anywhere...all golden color. I'm not sure of much else on details but it always stuck in my head that would be one sexy "stang".  :scratchchin:

Aero426

T-5 is the what Ford of Germany called the Mustang.   They looked just like USA Mustangs other than the T5 badging.

b5blue

Aero426

Quote from: b5blue on February 26, 2012, 10:08:54 AM
But not any black and gold?  :scratchchin:

Does not sound like something the factory would have done. 

Ghoste

Maybe he saw one that was customized or viewed it during a sunrise or set?

Indygenerallee

Only Mustang even close to that I can imagine that was made was the Hertz rental cars I think they were (I think 1965 or 66) Shelby GT cars all black with gold stripes (although they still had chrome bumpers and stainless trim)
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

TruckDriver

Quote from: Aero426 on February 26, 2012, 10:07:35 AM
T-5 is the what Ford of Germany called the Mustang.   They looked just like USA Mustangs other than the T5 badging.
:iagree:

That is because there was a bicycle being built in Germany at the time called the Mustang.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

b5blue

Funny story about the Hertz Mustang. My pops traveled a lot back then getting rental cars @ the airport. One time they gave him one of those as a price point swap for the car he had reserved that was unavailable. Delivered to him in front of the airport he was pissed and in a hurry. He hopped in and hit the gas....the car didn't move but he saw smoke everywhere behind him! Even more pissed he thought they gave him a car with a bad engine so mad as hell at Hertz he jumped out to complain....that's when he saw the burnt rubber and realized why everyone was staring at him..... My old man was no motor head, he waited till they could get him an LTD.   :lol:

Magnumcharger

This is my friend Ron's 1969 T5 GT that he's owned for over 40 years!
He bought it while serving in the army, stationed in Germany.

I've been told that it's one of 5 built.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Cooter

I hadda "T-5" in my Mustang for about 30 min. at a time. Replaced it at least 7 times. Now, it's in my General Lee.
88 MPH @2500 RPM's. Love T-5's.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

John_Kunkel

Quote from: TruckDriver on February 26, 2012, 01:05:48 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on February 26, 2012, 10:07:35 AM
T-5 is the what Ford of Germany called the Mustang.   They looked just like USA Mustangs other than the T5 badging.
:iagree:

That is because there was a bicycle being built in Germany at the time called the Mustang.

Which is somewhat ironic because there was a U.S. made Mustang motorbike being sold at the same time the car was introduced.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.