News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fiberglass superbird noses

Started by Hemi Runner, February 12, 2012, 09:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemi Runner

Has anyone ever weighed any of the fiberglass superbird noses on the market?? My Gean Gregory steel nose is 37#.... if I could find a fiberglass one that was around 20# that'd be better....

DAY CLONA

My Fiberglass (Dayclona) Superbird nose weighs in at approx 40 lbs based on shipping weights when I ship, my fiberglass nose cones are the thickest/heaviest on the market,...My Daytona cone weighs in at approx 35 lbs

A customers Janak supplied Daytona cone weighed in at 27 lbs....the lightest cones that I've seen are the Showcars.com cones, very flimsy, feather weigth, only a 2 mat lay up, never weighed one though, would never use one either,....if your in the market for a lightweight cone, I can make to order, Daytona or Superbird, fiberglass or carbon fiber

Mike

DonC1

I can make one to order - Superbird or Daytona - 19 gauge mild steel - bare $ 3500.
http://donnicks.com/

hotrod98

I have a lightweight fiberglass nose that DONC made for me. The headlamp openings are closed off. It's very light. We cut it to ship it from Canada and it would need to be glassed back together. Upside is it's cheap to ship by FedEx or UPS this way.
I think I have some lightweight fender scoops and a few other bird parts that I would sell cheap if anyone's interested in a package deal. I need to clean my shop out.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

djcarguy

Is it realy the best place to save a few pound on the nose cone?? could mount it more like dane ,daytona guy, is doing on his blue daytona thread ,and save # 's on the mounts .then shave some #s on other parts of the car.
    are you doing a race car or land speed car were afew# is that big of deal?

p.s.    hotrod i sent you a pm ,bout nose.thanks

Hemi Runner

Yes, the nose is the place to save weight as it needs to be removable (quickly and easily) to get to the turbos, intercooler and engine. With a drag car, the nose is THE place to save weight.

djcarguy

drag car with turbos sounds awesum. have any pics of car so far,in the project?would be great to see how its coming.