News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lookie what I found tonight! Next day - recovered (does not match)

Started by sparkybr74mr, February 22, 2012, 10:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkybr74mr

Had a question sent to me about the condition of my floor pans on my 68 Charger. I bought this car back in November last year. The car has original everything and I looked in all the typical places that I knew of hoping I would find a build sheet, under seats, behind seat backs, under package tray, above the glovebox in the dash, and nothing. The one place I didn't look was under the carpet because in all my past cars experiences the carpet was commonly replaced at some point in its life. Not in this case, I removed the dor sill, peeled the aged old carpet up just enough for a pic and there it was. I stopped until tommorrow when I can pull the seat out, and try and salvage as much as I can, although I don't think it will be much. Even though it is a base model 318 car I am still very excited.

Update) after a timely archeological dig I recovered the build sheet in two different locations, under the drivers side floor pan and the second piece was behind the drivers seat on the floor pan. The BS does not match my vin. I heard that ocassionaly people have found bs's that did not belong to thier car in thier car. I was hoping

Evolution69

congratulations on finding your BS, Every mopar guys dream..

I hope you can salvage it , do let us know :cheers:
Matching numbers 1968 Dodge Charger RT

"Because bad guys always drove Chargers" - Richard Hammond

bmoparmofo

Good deal! Hopefully it comes out intact!  :cheers:
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

Sublime/Sixpack

Just like finding hidden treasure!!!!
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

sparkybr74mr

Just wish I could have found one in my 70 R/T SE car

Fred

Quote from: sparkybr74mr on February 22, 2012, 11:51:21 PM
Just wish I could have found one in my 70 R/T SE car

I wish I could have found one in my 68. I'd be happy if I could get hold of a duplicate............I wonder if that's possible.  :shruggy:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

472 R/T SE

I'll never forget one time at the stereo shop with my purple car, there on the floor sat both rear seat buns.  Someone was talking to me as I zeroed in on the bottom corner of one of the buns & started wheelin' over to it, my broadcast sheet lay there in ruins.  I apologized to the person I just blew off but we're talking some serious shit here.  I was only able to retrieve about 30-40% of it but enough to match up the VIN.

My blue Charger had 3.  Two under the carpet crumbled up & a seat back version.

68 Bullitt Charger

Congrat's on the find. Hope its 100% clear to read for you.
Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

bull

No build sheet score for me. I was holding out a final hope that it was somehow tucked in-between one of the seat covers and the foam when I tore my seats down but no luck. :'(

tan top

:dance: good find !! hope you can get it out intact !! could wel be more than one  also  :scratchchin: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

sparkybr74mr

here is the vin from what I can tell xp29g8b and the sequentail number 250254 mine is xp29f8b297581. So if anyone is missing a bs that matches this one

PocketThunder

Quote from: sparkybr74mr on February 23, 2012, 12:01:24 PM
here is the vin from what I can tell xp29g88 and the sequentail number 250254 mine is xp29f8b297581. So if anyone is missing a bs that matches this one

that 8 is a B.  XP 29 G 8 "B"   

Model: Dodge Charger X
Price Class: Premium P
Body Type: 2 door sports hardtop 29
Engine: 383ci V8 2bbl (B motor) G
Year: 1968 8
Assembly Plant: Hamtramck, MI B
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

sparkybr74mr

bull

Quote from: sparkybr74mr on February 23, 2012, 12:01:24 PM
here is the vin from what I can tell xp29g8b and the sequentail number 250254 mine is xp29f8b297581. So if anyone is missing a bs that matches this one

Aw, damn that's close! :brickwall: Well, the closest to mine I've seen. The first seven are right and the last six are about 1,300 off.

Bummer it doesn't match your car but perhaps someone will be happy to find it. :shruggy: You might still find yours anyway...