News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who enjoys energy drinks, ginseng pills or supplements?

Started by Kern Dog, February 23, 2012, 02:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

There was an article on the founder of the "5 Hour Energy" on Aol news. He is a native of India and a Billionaire!
For those that do not like coffee, these seem like an alternative. I was interested in hearing who else buys this stuff?
I've never developed a taste for coffee, so sometimes I'll try an energy drink. The Mountain Dew AMP green seems to be the only one that I can tolerate. So many of the others tast like paint thinner with 5 tablespoons of sugar.
Energy pills? I see all kinds at the checkout counter of the Am/Pm and 7-11 stores. I've tried the 'Ultra Energy Now" or "Stacker 3".
What about YOU guys? Red Bull or NO bull?

Fred

Not me. No Bull all the way.
I do enjoy my coffee though made all the better with the wife's delicious little treats like panforte, date scones, Florentines etc. all home baked I might add.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

TK73

Used to drink Red Bull... health issues changed my diet...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Inked_Ghandi

I have been through almost every energy drink on the shelves. Most do taste like complete ass but I do prefer the red bull. So very tasty. And for when I am off work and I want an adult drink I just add a little vodka or a splash of jager.  :drool5: As for the pills I took NoDoz when I was going through tech school and it worked like a charm. All the other generic ones did nothing for me.
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."

USAF AMMO

Ghoste

Don't mind a Monster Rehab once in a while.  Occasionally a Bull but mostly I am a coffee guy.

Inked_Ghandi

Rehab tastes like someone peed in a bottle and put the sugar in it

USAF AMMO

Ghoste

They all taste like that.  I've tried a whack of them and haven't found one that tastes like anything but bad.  The Rehab one is slightly different than regular Monster imo, but they are all crap.  You aren't drinking them for the flavor, it's the boost.
For that matter I like coffee black and I watch a lot of people dump 1/2 cup of milk and 3 tblspns of sugar in theirs and it about makes me gag. :lol:

Inked_Ghandi

The venom's were pretty good. And the Bawl's in the blue bottle tastes just like ginger ale or sprite to me.

USAF AMMO

Ponch ®

I don't like energy drinks in general. Something about the taste. I will have one when I feel like absolutely need it (ie. on a long drive or if I'm out and about and need to stay up a few more hours), but besides that it's not a habit. I know a few people who have to have their Red Bull or Monster or Rockstar like some people have to have their coffee, but not for me.

The only "supplement" I take is whey protein that I use in my post-work out shakes.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TK73

Liked the taste of Red Bull, reminded me of Mt. Dew with Flintstones vitamins in it...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

71green go

couple cups of coffee a day and I'm good!......and its roll up the rim time at timmies lol

squeakfinder

Tried 5 hour energy one time but it did nothing for me. I don't drink near the coffee I used to. Couple cups in the mourning. As far as supplements, Vitaman E and Ginkgo Biloba. Ginkgo helps with memory, and something else.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Finn

I'm an addict. I get Monster by the crate at Costco. I can't stand coffee and soda doesn't do it for me.

Ive tried a lot of them but Redline is one of the strongest. ONLY DRINK HALF A BOTTLE. I tried just a bit more than half in one serving once...only once. :eek2:

Ill have to try NoDoz, my friends recommend them too.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

F8-4life

Probably had maybe 5 redbulls/energy drinks in my entire life. No kidding, they just seem sketchy too me. Mind over matter. Not really sure of the health effects but they don't make ya healthier!

Mike DC

Every energy drink I've ever tried tasted like distilled ass.  If I'm gonna drink something that nasty then it might as well be decent vegetable juice.

My girlfriend lives on green "Amp" cans before work in the morning, although she's been cutting down lately.  

I eat at least a dozen supplements every day, various kinds.  No single one of them has a big impact but the cumulative effect of the whole group is real.  If I go two days without the stuff I start feeling like shit.  Energy level goes down, joints & muscles don't feel as good, lower mood, etc. 

Fred

Quote from: Ghoste on February 23, 2012, 12:39:38 PM
They all taste like that.  I've tried a whack of them and haven't found one that tastes like anything but bad.  The Rehab one is slightly different than regular Monster imo, but they are all crap.  You aren't drinking them for the flavor, it's the boost.
For that matter I like coffee black and I watch a lot of people dump 1/2 cup of milk and 3 tblspns of sugar in theirs and it about makes me gag. :lol:

Yuk! that's no longer coffee in my book. :down:

Just 6T9 CHGR

I pop a few Green Tea caps & a Costco vitamin pack in the AM & Im good to go....few cups of coffee during the day.....If I dont take the vitamins, I am definitely down on energy for the day....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Fred

Quote from: squeakfinder on February 23, 2012, 07:03:39 PM
 Tried 5 hour energy one time but it did nothing for me. I don't drink near the coffee I used to. Couple cups in the mourning. As far as supplements, Vitaman E and Ginkgo Biloba. Ginkgo helps with memory, and something else.

We have got the biggest Ginkgo tree in the back yard. The Autumn foliage is spectacular.

stripedelete

Quote from: Fred on February 23, 2012, 08:59:21 PM

We have got the biggest Ginkgo tree in the back yard. The Autumn foliage is spectacular.

Hope it's not a female.  :eek2:

Fred

Quote from: stripedelete on February 23, 2012, 09:17:06 PM
Quote from: Fred on February 23, 2012, 08:59:21 PM

Hope it's not a female.  :eek2:

No, fortunately it's a male.   Otherwise it would have been long gone.

RallyeMike

I used to use No-Doze when I worked 20-hr shifts and other crazy schedules. They keep you alert, but after so many hours you definitely start to get a "disconnected" feeling.

I try to stick with just strong, black coffee these days, but I do enjoy a Sugar-free Rockstar about once every two weeks. Sometimes coffee just isnt appealing.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Rolling_Thunder

I used to drink Monsters all the time - then stopped.   I don't take pills or drinks anymore...       

I did eat coffee grounds and drink 5L of monster on a long road trip before...     that was not too smart.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Kern Dog

Fred

Why Do People Use Ginkgo?
•To improve memory

•Tinnitus

•Alzheimer's disease

•Peripheral artery disease

•Macular degeneration

•Glaucoma

•Sexual dysfunction

•To enhance blood circulation

But there are also many side effects and you need to either read up on them or ask your doctor if Ginkgo is suitable and safe for you to take.
For instance Ginkgo leaf products may affect blood sugar levels.

bill440rt

Never got into drinking energy drinks.

One cup of coffee in the morning and I'm good to go for the day.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce