News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How fast does an Auctioneer need to talk?

Started by oldcarnut, February 25, 2012, 08:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

Is it just me or do others how any trouble understanding some of these guys?  Sometimes the babbling comes off so fast and rolling the only time I know what he said is when they stop half a sec and state it normally.  

jb666

Quote from: oldcarnut on February 25, 2012, 08:59:48 AM
Is it just me or do others how any trouble understanding some of these guys?  Sometimes the babbling comes off so fast and rolling the only time I know what he said is when they stop half a sec and state it normally.  

Yeah... I agree. I even sit and watch Storage Wars once in a while and he does the same thing... 4 guys will be bidding but he has to talk a million miles an hour...

The only thing I can say is it'd suck to be married to one of these people.. Imagine the fight?  :rofl: :rofl:

elacruze

That's *why* they stop and state it normally. The only talk fast to whip the crowd into a frenzy. It works, too.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

nvrbdn

talking fast gets things going in a hurry. you really arent paying attention to the amount as much and it climbs faster. your just thinking of going over the next guy and he can be jumping 50 to 100 bucks at a time at some of those things.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

kokxville

1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Todd Wilson

I always enjoy the fast talker disclaimer at the end of a tv or radio commercial.

Todd

Brock Lee

I come from a long line of professional auctioneers. The real deal guys are articulate and can be understood. Most of the guys doing it these days hack it and turn it to mush (I swear most just imitate Porky Pig abbadee, abbadee). There are actually exercises to improve speed and clarity. The whole point of this style was to move items quickly, and the fast paced speaking wouldn't let people think too much about how much they were willing to spend. You WANT people to bid high, let them caught up in the whirlwind and pay more than they normally would have.

oldcarnut

Quote from: Brock Lee on February 25, 2012, 01:19:55 PM
The real deal guys are articulate and can be understood.
That was my issue intended just posted wrong.  Its the combo of speed and babble that would make me uncomfortable bidding not being clear on what's being said.   As long as I could understand where things were, the speed isn't the factor so much. 
Starting at $5 then blidditty nidditty wonsammy marsoupwompitty frompidditty blllllapppado wompo zompo sold $9900  :eek2: just would intimidate me somewhat from raising my hand.  Trying saying that real fast after a few drinks  :lol:

MoparManJim

My cousin is a jack of all trades kinda. He can walk into a room or place like at a fair. Have a person start talking to him real fast trying to sucker him in. He will look at the person an start real fast talking faster then what the guy/person did to him. The person will look at him an step back an look puzzled  :rofl:  :lol: an at times say "sorry, sir". My cousin has been around (he is 60 some years old).