News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dash voltage regulator

Started by mickelsdogs, February 25, 2012, 02:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickelsdogs

want to get rid of point type n upgrade should be easy to make from radio shack parts. I cant seem to find the correct files. A bit of help? bet someone has pix or possibility if solidstate replacement. thanx

Ghoste

I believe there are instructions on the site here someplace but Real Time Engineering sells them complete ready to plug in if I'm not mistaken.

resq302

Yes, well worth the RTE upgrade.  I tried the Radio Shack special and the thing go so hot, I could have burned my hand by touching the heat sink.  Since I got the RTE upgrade, it is cool to the touch and no worries about burning up my gauges.  Plus it also has a safety that if something should fail, it will not provide a full 12 volts to the gauges and burn them up either.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

mickelsdogs

I know about the heat given off have used 12 ga. wire n mounted  on lower part of dash to a good ground any body have a good p.n.# for a solid state direct plug n play, besides  Ebay $50. plus shippin from whom?  will later charger regulator do the job. we all want a flame job, BUT NOT IN THE DASH!!!!!!!!

Fred

I bought mine from RTE and it's the best. I've never looked back. It's the most responsive regulator out of any I've ever had.  :Twocents:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

gibber

I only use RTE limiters in my gauge rebuilding efforts, they are by far the best out there.

Mark
www.thegaugedoc.com
Mark Gibson
1966 and 67 Charger, 1968 D200 Pickup
Mopar Gauge Troubles? I can help!
www.thegaugedoc.com