News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Surf's up! Waves, aplenty!!!

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, February 19, 2012, 09:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

:'(

http://www.harwellmotors.com/muscle-cars/1969/dodge/charger-383-se/xp29h9b111137

I looked at this car, after it had been sold to a GI, buying it sight, unseen  :flame: He was asking about 15k for the car and knew he would be upside-down, after looking it over once he actually got it home...

NEVER buy a car, sight unseen... This is why...  :Twocents:

http://www.harwellmotors.com/muscle-cars/1969/dodge/charger-383-se/xp29h9b111137

QuoteHarwell Motors is proud to offer this great deal on a great classic muscle car. This is a good solid car that some one tried to do paint and body work themselves. It should be against the law for them to try this again. For more information call us
...It was not a good car (to me), and was not solid when I saw it  :Twocents:

69 OUR/TEA

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on February 19, 2012, 09:04:52 PM
It'll buff out !!!! :smilielol:

There's not enough buff in the world for that thing!

BBD

bull

Wait a sec... when you say "sight unseen" do you mean he didn't even look at the online pics? Because, I mean, jeez. :rotz:

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: bull on February 19, 2012, 10:15:06 PM
Wait a sec... when you say "sight unseen" do you mean he didn't even look at the online pics? Because, I mean, jeez. :rotz:

The GI said he never saw the car, so I don't know  :shruggy:

It arrived, and was back for sale, soon after  :yesnod: If every body panel hadn't been sculpted by a blind man w/ bondo, I might have found the car interesting enough to buy. However, I decided I would keep my money   :Twocents:

1974dodgecharger

MAYBE i dont get it, but at 16k it seems it was a good price wouldnt you say. I saw worse on FLEABAY go for much more. Some body work will fix that of course at a price. Hell on craigslist people are asking 15k for A NON OPERATIONAL  2ng gen charger alone.

If this car is driveable and what not seems pretty good to me at 16k.

this is just one example and YES there are plenty:
http://redding.craigslist.org/cto/2829991628.html

They will always say something like, "its not running now, but once it gets running this will be worth 50k and hell its a charger they go up in value'

bakerhillpins

When did he pick it up? I believe this car was discussed here last spring..

Was the thing in a roll over accident or was it one of those $5 for 5 swings cars??   :eek2:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

bill440rt

"This is a good solid car that some one tried to do paint and body work themselves."

I dunno.  :shruggy:
Doesn't look like they tried to do ANY bodywork at all. They just painted over all the dents!  :smilielol:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

472 R/T SE

Quote from: bill440rt on February 19, 2012, 11:07:59 PM
"This is a good solid car that some one tried to do paint and body work themselves."

I dunno.  :shruggy:
Doesn't look like they tried to do ANY bodywork at all. They just painted over all the dents!  :smilielol:

That statement right there is prolly enough to save their ass in a court battle.  :shruggy:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: bakerhillpins on February 19, 2012, 11:05:07 PM
When did he pick it up? I believe this car was discussed here last spring..

Was the thing in a roll over accident or was it one of those $5 for 5 swings cars??   :eek2:

I think it was spring of last year. I looked at the Charger some time around Thanksgiving, I think...  :shruggy:

Was thinking about surfing and waves, and the car came to mind tonight...  :2thumbs:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on February 19, 2012, 11:01:50 PM
MAYBE i dont get it, but at 16k it seems it was a good price wouldnt you say. I saw worse on FLEABAY go for much more. Some body work will fix that of course at a price. Hell on craigslist people are asking 15k for A NON OPERATIONAL  2ng gen charger alone.

They will always say something like, "its not running now, but once it gets running this will be worth 50k and hell its a charger they go up in value'

The guy overpaid at $16k and was asking $15,500 when I saw it. As I walked away, he asked me to make an offer... I said I respected him as a Serviceman, not to pour salt on his wounds. I would have given 6 or 7 grand, max. The trunk lips and under hood areas had a LOT of rust which was simply painted over. Sure, it might have been Por-15'd, but still... Problems waiting to resurface  :Twocents:

Why so eager to overpay? I gotta ask  :popcrn:

bull

Did you get a look at that Coronet while you were there? Holy Moly it looks pretty good topside but underneath... :P

This place kind of has a Texas Toybox feel to it. I've never even heard of it until now. Do you live nearby?

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: bull on February 20, 2012, 04:52:50 AM
Did you get a look at that Coronet while you were there? Holy Moly it looks pretty good topside but underneath... :P

This place kind of has a Texas Toybox feel to it. I've never even heard of it until now. Do you live nearby?
they are asking 10k for it have you seen cheaper than that?

1974dodgecharger

I guess im not that eager, but I was referring to folks that have paid alot more in NON running condition vs this one. Granted the body looks shabby as hell, but if you look in our very for sale section on some of these cars theres guys asking for an arm and leg also that are major rust buckets in general. NOt just here, but all over ebay and craigslist.

As for the coronet thats not that bad either for its price.....Again guys show me something thats better than these car for the price. YES the cars are not that great, but vs the price then they are worth it. The charger is probably worth 14k or so....but show me another car in driveable condition such as these for cheaper?  :popcrn:

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on February 19, 2012, 11:42:33 PM

The guy overpaid at $16k and was asking $15,500 when I saw it. As I walked away, he asked me to make an offer... I said I respected him as a Serviceman, not to pour salt on his wounds. I would have given 6 or 7 grand, max. The trunk lips and under hood areas had a LOT of rust which was simply painted over. Sure, it might have been Por-15'd, but still... Problems waiting to resurface  :Twocents:

Why so eager to overpay? I gotta ask  :popcrn:

bobs66440

Wow! I don't think there's a straight panel on that car! :o

Charger 1

Typically, things (especially cars) look better in photos than they really are.  I can't imagine how bad this car must really look!!

Ghoste

That's what I was thinking too, how much worse it must be in person.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Ghoste on February 20, 2012, 10:38:33 AM

3xs worse in person, and I am being kind.  :yesnod:

bull

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on February 20, 2012, 06:58:23 AM
Quote from: bull on February 20, 2012, 04:52:50 AM

they are asking 10k for it have you seen cheaper than that?

I'll answer your question with another question: Have you seen this Coronet in person? As it's been stated above, and proven time and again, if it looks this bad in pictures it often looks worse in person. Anyone can drag a $4,000 car out of a barn and spray $500 worth of black paint over the top of it and then try doubling their money. Hans Leudtke's made a career out of it.

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on February 20, 2012, 11:01:23 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on February 20, 2012, 10:38:33 AM

3xs worse in person, and I am being kind.  :yesnod:

Anyway, have you seen the Coronet?

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: bull on February 20, 2012, 01:45:36 PM

I have not seen the Coronet. I saw the Charger about 8 mos. after it had been sold to the GI who bought it...

bull

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on February 20, 2012, 01:56:08 PM

I have not seen the Coronet. I saw the Charger about 8 mos. after it had been sold to the GI who bought it...

If you're close and can swing by to see it without it being a hassle I'd love to get a pair of eyes on it. But if it's out of your way don't worry about it. I've got a friend in the next town over who is interested but by the looks of it I'm sure he'd be better off waiting. Something looks odd about that hood too.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: bull on February 20, 2012, 03:08:57 PM
Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on February 20, 2012, 01:56:08 PM

If you're close and can swing by to see it without it being a hassle I'd love to get a pair of eyes on it. But if it's out of your way don't worry about it. I've got a friend in the next town over who is interested but by the looks of it I'm sure he'd be better off waiting. Something looks odd about that hood too.

Sorry, I'm not in TX, and can't inspect. :coolgleamA:

TruckDriver

Looks like something HALPG would of done.  :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

1974dodgecharger

Patronus

Someone missed applying stripe class too..  :eek2:
thats the worst yet..
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Kern Dog

THAT car is worth something, but certainly NOT the asking price. Thats a case of a man who "heard" that..... them there cars is werth munny!

bull

http://redding.craigslist.org/cto/2829991628.html: This posting has been flagged for removal.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1974dodgecharger

lmao  :cheers:
Quote from: bull on February 21, 2012, 03:17:16 PM

http://redding.craigslist.org/cto/2829991628.html: This posting has been flagged for removal.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1974dodgecharger

those people crack me up....the thing is they are SUPER SERIOUS TOO ABOUT IT!!!! :icon_smile_big: :rofl:
Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on February 21, 2012, 02:11:17 AM

THAT car is worth something, but certainly NOT the asking price. Thats a case of a man who "heard" that..... them there cars is werth munny!

DrHemi

Digging the exhaust pipes on it. One new and one next to the driveshaft.
1938 Packard 120
1957 Studebaker Silver Hawk
1963 Ford Fairlane 500
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (RIP due to code enforcement)
1970 Dodge Charger 500
1972 MG Midget
1987 Maserati BiTurbo Si

Indygenerallee

Im really digging that half ass attempt at the dual exhaust!  :smilielol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

XS29L

MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

Fred

Some one paint flames on it quick................cover them waves.
Wait a minute................I think it did have flames but the waves put them out!  ;D

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

cavemanno1

wow,that is awful!How come he didn't see the pictures?When we bought ours i asked for a tons of pictures and videos and still got screwed over but this is just bad!Even a blind man can see those panels or if he didn't see the pictures why bought it?He keeps it in his garage and can't use it just sits there!At least try to sell it for what it is worth and swallow the loss or fix it up!Starting bid is $14,5k on eBay :shruggy:
I can relate to what he is feeling right now so does anybody who got screwed over at some point!It just sucks but learn from it!Poor guy!

BigBlackDodge

The good thing is that the farther you get away from it the better it looks!

BBD

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: cavemanno1 on March 23, 2012, 07:02:03 AM
wow,that is awful!How come he didn't see the pictures?When we bought ours i asked for a tons of pictures and videos and still got screwed over but this is just bad!Even a blind man can see those panels or if he didn't see the pictures why bought it?He keeps it in his garage and can't use it just sits there!At least try to sell it for what it is worth and swallow the loss or fix it up!Starting bid is $14,5k on eBay :shruggy:
I can relate to what he is feeling right now so does anybody who got screwed over at some point!It just sucks but learn from it!Poor guy!

Guy is in the military and when I met with him, he said he bought the car on good faith it was solid... He was going to put a newer EFI Hemi transplant and modernize the car. But he admitted, he just wanted his money back from the car, and that might be tough...

Patronus

Whats up with the drivers door, specifically the lower body line... I dont think I've ever seen anything like it.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

TX9H6E4CUDA

Slam some slots on it, miss matched tires,  hijacker air shocks, and you have a bar car from 1978.
For the best powder coating talk to Larry at JIT Powder Coating. Absolutely amazing service, awesome quality,amazing attention to detail. Give Larry a call at 651-463-4664
Thanks again Larry

Fred

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on March 23, 2012, 09:32:30 AM
The good thing is that the farther you get away from it the better it looks!

BBD

Turn your back on it and it will look even better.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.