News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

year one

Started by larmstrong11, February 17, 2012, 10:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larmstrong11

hey everyone
just a quick statement and inquiry i received a new year one trim today and i am greatly disappointed in the quilty of this part, and the same thing with the door handless i bought. anyone else think that year ones chrome parts are sub standard?

stripedelete

What was the trim piece?

68 Bullitt Charger

IMO all these companies like Year One, Ground Up,etc sell these chrome parts however the chrome is not triple plated quality, rather china made crap. If possible rechrome your original part's. Work's for me. :Twocents:
Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

Fred

Quote from: 68 Bullitt Charger on February 17, 2012, 11:13:17 PM
IMO all these companies like Year One, Ground Up,etc sell these chrome parts however the chrome is not triple plated quality, rather china made crap. If possible rechrome your original part's. Work's for me. :Twocents:

Worked for me too. Originally thought I'd replace my old bumpers and bought new after market. When I got them I couldn't believe how badly they fitted and the crap quality so I decided to re chrome the originals and was very happy with the result. Plus they fit perfectly.
It's definitely better to keep the originals where ever possile.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Kern Dog

What are you asking about? I was lost from trying to understand your typing "skills".

Marck

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on February 18, 2012, 02:20:10 AM
What are you asking about? I was lost from trying to understand your typing "skills".
Not this again...   ::) ::)

gers1968rt

Really? Try using a gps, maybe that would help.
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

larmstrong11

I was asking if anyone else had an issue with quality parts from year one..If all you have to do is nit pick at my typing skills you must have a boring life or are you so perfect at everything a typo is cause for you to whine.... sorry  I only worked 14 hours yesterday then had other things to do, I was a little tired ,so kiss my a$$ dick weed

Lennard

Looks like the grammar police found it's way to the forum again. :eek2:

Kern Dog

Yeah... I guess that it IS better to let substandard English skills take over. If SOME people are as skillful at working on cars as they are at typing basic English, Maybe they should stick with Import cars.

Lennard

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on February 18, 2012, 11:10:37 PM
Yeah... I guess that it IS better to let substandard English skills take over. If SOME people are as skillful at working on cars as they are at typing basic English, Maybe they should stick with Import cars.

As some of us told you in several topics before... it is NOT your job to ridicule people and teach them how to spell or use English skills that are YOUR standard on the internet. Go teach your family and friends (if you have any friends) and leave us be.

jaak

One of Mr. Grammar Police's reply to another thread...

QuoteThis is always a hot topic. We dont want to get boned by an unexpected HUGE repair bill, so we add $50 per month to an already high $480 per month payment. Then the A/C craps out, or the axle develops a whine. The Warranty guys stonewall you just like a crappy HMO and you realize that you have REALLY been boned.
I went through a situation very similar with my 2007 Ram 5.7. It developed a Cyl #4 misfire due to a sticking MDS lifter. They had to pull the head, piston and rod, hone the cylinder and replace the lifter and piston rings. After 2 1/2 weeks of back and forth, they finally caved. they wanted oil change records even though I do all the basic maintenence myself. I made a list, THEN they wanted reciepts for the actual oil bottles and filters. The problem wasn't related to the oil in any way. The oil passages were clean in my engine, it was a defective lifter. It didn't matter. They were looking for ANY excuse to deny the claim. A member of my local car club had flaking clearcoat on her minivan and wanted it repainted. The dealer in her area also wanted oil change records. Yeah, because CLEAN oil will preserve your paint ! ??

I don't know what a reciept is, I could not find it in the dictionary. Maybe he meant receipt?

Jason

Fred

You know, it is what it is. Some people can and some people can't. Some of us are better at it than others but I'm sure everyone is doing the best they can and shouldn't be put off enjoying the forum just because their grammar isn't up to scratch.
I know my "bought" from "brought"and "i before e except after c" but even I have on occasion made literay mistakes because I've been in a rush or lost concentration. It happens.
I think as long as we can get the gyst of the message so that we're able to respond we should just leave it at that.
I'd be very offended if somene thought they had the right to lord it over me.

Lennard

QuoteThis is always a hot topic. We dont want to get boned by an unexpected HUGE repair bill, so we add $50 per month to an already high $480 per month payment. Then the A/C craps out, or the axle develops a whine. The Warranty guys stonewall you just like a crappy HMO and you realize that you have REALLY been boned.
I went through a situation very similar with my 2007 Ram 5.7. It developed a Cyl #4 misfire due to a sticking MDS lifter. They had to pull the head, piston and rod, hone the cylinder and replace the lifter and piston rings. After 2 1/2 weeks of back and forth, they finally caved. they wanted oil change records even though I do all the basic maintenence myself. I made a list, THEN they wanted reciepts for the actual oil bottles and filters. The problem wasn't related to the oil in any way. The oil passages were clean in my engine, it was a defective lifter. It didn't matter. They were looking for ANY excuse to deny the claim. A member of my local car club had flaking clearcoat on her minivan and wanted it repainted. The dealer in her area also wanted oil change records. Yeah, because CLEAN oil will preserve your paint ! ??

It's maintenAnce you stupid ass!  You have just been schooled by a foreigner. :fu:

Fred

Quote from: larmstrong11 on February 18, 2012, 05:59:39 PM
I was asking if anyone else had an issue with quality parts from year one..If all you have to do is nit pick at my typing skills you must have a boring life or are you so perfect at everything a typo is cause for you to whine.... sorry  I only worked 14 hours yesterday then had other things to do, I was a little tired ,so kiss my a$$ dick weed

I understood you perfectly.

terrible one

Quote from: Fred on February 18, 2012, 11:53:58 PM
You know, it is what it is. Some people can and some people can't. Some of us are better at it than others but I'm sure everyone is doing the best they can and shouldn't be put off enjoying the forum just because their grammar isn't up to scratch.
I know my "bought" from "brought"and "i before e except after c" but even I have on occasion made literay mistakes because I've been in a rush or lost concentration. It happens.
I think as long as we can get the gyst of the message so that we're able to respond we should just leave it at that.
I'd be very offended if somene thought they had the right to lord it over me.

My thoughts exactly. :yesnod:  :2thumbs:

stripedelete

Quote from: Fred on February 19, 2012, 12:03:41 AM
Quote from: larmstrong11 on February 18, 2012, 05:59:39 PM

I understood you perfectly.

+1

You didn't like the door handles but was the other part you mentioned?

Marck

Quote from: Lennard on February 18, 2012, 11:57:09 PM

It's maintenAnce you stupid ass!  You have just been schooled by a foreigner. :fu:

I'm loving this...

Kern Dog

Hey... that quoted topic looks familiar! Thanks for the heads up. I guess nobody is too perfect to learn here. Thanks. I'll make efforts to do better.
Am I a little harsh? Yeah, thats possible. I'm sure that there are others that share a disdain for the dumbing down of this fine country. Too many people have become lazy and texting surely isn't helping the language. Whats the alternative to my efforts? Give up and accept sloppy behavior? Well strap yourselves in because that will not happen. I can understand a few "typo" errors. Who would be all wigged about that? Its the blatant disregard for any semblence of order that stands out. Lack of capital letters, run-on sentences, zero punctuation.....

Fred

You can't teach an old dog new tricks!   :lol:

Marck

bill440rt

OK... maybe time to steer the thread back on topic?  :scratchchin:

Year One does not manufacture any of their parts. They are retailer. I would contact them if your are displeased, their return policy is second to none. Or at least so I'm told. I stopped buying from them once their prices & shipping hit the roof.

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

elacruze

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on February 18, 2012, 11:10:37 PM

Shut up, dickweed.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

larmstrong11

hello
well the part i bought was the gas cap trim ring. The black trim areas were not painted with sharp lines but were very blurred on one side, and thanks for the topic responses. The grammar police guy needs not respond just move on please. I think he is just another internet tough guy.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: larmstrong11 on February 19, 2012, 09:24:45 AM
hello
well the part i bought was the gas cap trim ring. The black trim areas were not painted with sharp lines but were very blurred on one side, and thanks for the topic responses. The grammar police guy needs not respond just move on please. I think he is just another internet tough guy.

There's not many companies manufacturing these parts, to basically you get what you get.  I would agree that it is best to have an original one re-chromed.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!