News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

House Move

Started by Todd Wilson, February 16, 2012, 12:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wilson

Got to see a house move into my hood today. I have a vacant lot behind my house and they moved this old house onto it. Intereesting to watch. Rig got stuck on the final shove and they had to use a winch truck out back.

Pictures
http://www.job-rated.com/housemove/index.html

4cruzin

Its interesting stuff when they move large things like a house.  I was always interested in some of the nicer modulars too . . one day no house . . the next house is there!  Some of the modulars are very nice homes!   :cheers:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

TruckDriver

Quote from: 4cruzin on February 16, 2012, 12:27:58 PM
Its interesting stuff when they move large things like a house.  I was always interested in some of the nicer modulars too . . one day no house . . the next house is there!  Some of the modulars are very nice homes!   :cheers:

:iagree: Cool pics Todd  :2thumbs: :cheers:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

PocketThunder

The house sure does fit in the neighborhood well.  I wonder what it cost to buy and move versus build?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Fred

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 16, 2012, 10:15:16 PM
The house sure does fit in the neighborhood well. 

Maybe it came from across the street!  :lol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Tilar

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 16, 2012, 10:15:16 PM
The house sure does fit in the neighborhood well.  I wonder what it cost to buy and move versus build?

The "move" depends on the house and where it has to go with the route it has to take all being taken into consideration... The cost of the house is generally just a couple pennies on the dollar of what the house is worth. If the people bought it from someone that wanted it moved off their land, I imagine they paid less than 5k for that house in the pics.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

BB1

Looks like a good fit.  ;) Basement looks a little small

Around 1930-ish Kansas home or mid 20's
Delete my profile

Todd Wilson

Well according to the newspaper story..............and I will fill everyone in on the situations............we have a small area in town called CareyVille.  It was right beside the Carey Salt plant which was our first big salt plant in town here a 100+ years ago. It was one of the main business's that built the city.  Anyways several years ago the salt plant basically shut down and left town in the night.  Plant sat idle for many months and then they tore it down. A complete salt plant gone other then concrete slabs left from the buildings. It was a massive place with its own little railroad and big water tanks for its own fire fighting, Its own generators............lots of good paying jobs.

Before too long sink holes started.............one big enough it gave the BNSF railroad major problems as it got very close to thier mainline. Other sink holes threatened to swallow up several blocks worth of houses in Careyville.  They bought a lot of the houses and most have been torn down. Others have been moved and this was one of them. Others just sit empty and the place is looking like  ghost town with weeds and tree's and crackheads.

According to the newspaper the holding company thats dealing with this problem donated 84grand to build the new foundation and move this old house. Interfaith Housing is a church ministry outfit that helps out with getting people housing. According to the story they will renovate the house completely and then put it up for sale. Using donated worked and materials to do so and then they help people buy their first house.

Todd