News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What to call this piece of trim?

Started by tylerk, February 11, 2012, 10:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tylerk

This is fixing to drive me nuts, I haven't found any on eBay and not exactly sure what to call it. What's the "official" name for the metal trim running down the side windows at the inside top? When I search for headliner trim, it gives me the metal piece that runs across the front or the plastic that goes around the rear window. I have one good one and one that's got the last two inches or so rusted out and was needing to come up with one, if I can figure out what to search for. Thanks for your assistance!

tylerk

bill440rt

Yeah, you got the name right. It's basically the side headliner trim or side headliner moldings.
Here's a pair on eBay, I used the searchword "B-body" instead of "Charger":

http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-69-70-Dodge-Plymouth-B-body-headliner-interior-trim-/250966278751?hash=item3a6ec1825f&item=250966278751&pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

B-bodies & Chargers used the same trim. So, you're good to go!   :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

tylerk

Thank you sir! I knew it couldn't have too fancy of a name. Also I messaged you about a dash vent, saw your ad for parts on the classifieds.

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce