News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jalen Rose 05 General Lee

Started by bull, February 13, 2012, 01:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

http://www.courtesy.com/dealership/news.htm I have no idea how old this story is but I hadn't seen it here so...

Jalen Rose has been part of the legendary 'Fab Five' at the University of Michigan, spent 13 years in the NBA and is an analyst for ESPN. Now Rose, a Detroit native, can add philanthropist to that list with his Jalen Rose Leadership Academy.

Rose's 1969 Dodge Charger, one of the last original General Lee Dodge Chargers from the popular television show "Dukes of Hazzard" will be auctioned off to benefit the charter school set to open this fall on the Northwest side of Detroit. The car will be sold as part of a five-day eBay Motors auction beginning May 22 with a starting bid of $45,000.

Rose customized his 1969 Dodge Charger by removing the Confederate flag and altering the '01' to his Michigan basketball number '05.' The car also has autographs with personalized messages by Rose and "Hazzard" actor John Schneider.

Read more at GRAutoBlog.com

kikgas01

One of the "Bo`s General Lees." He built a few cars and this is one. People do stupid things. I bet even people who don`t like Generals will agree that this guy is a Idiot... It has had the 01 and flag replaced as well as the GL text. Still looks like crap... :eek2: All he needs is some 22`s on it and curb feelers... Wonder why he got rid of the flag when he first got it? :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

tan top

think thats been for sale on Ebay sometime ago  :scratchchin: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

Clearly he has decided that the car's heritage as a GL is not anywhere close to being as marketable as his own personal fame.  ::)

Should I even bother to ask what replaced the "GENERAL LEE" on the roof?

kikgas01

No one ever said the dude was smart. It`s still for sale and no idiot would buy it so he replaced the decals and nobody STILL wants it....

1BAD68

hmmm lets see, a guy buys a Charger and then customizes it to his liking.
Where's the problem?

kikgas01

Well if he still has it because no  one wants it that is a problem. Maybe he should have left it like it was and he would have had a better chance on selling it or just take all of the garbage off from it ??? It`s been for sale forever. Should tell you something. Price to high???? To ugly of a car??? I dunno.... Not even tyring to start shit here so please don`t go there....

Ghoste

Quote from: 1BAD68 on February 13, 2012, 12:07:19 PM
hmmm lets see, a guy buys a Charger and then customizes it to his liking.
Where's the problem?

He is trying to auction it off with an opening bid of 45k.  It's claimed to be an original GL from the DOH (I don't know that he personally has made that claim) which it isn't and then further to that, he took nearly all of the identifying graphics off which made it a GL and replaced them with graphics glorifying himself.  He has since apparently removed the personal graphics.
Outside of his ego, I don't think there is a "problem" per se, just more of a commentary of "well duhhhh" when it wouldn't sell.

bull

Starting bid of $45k? I'd be EXTREMELY pleased if it finished at $45k.

Ummm, Longboy? :shruggy:

kikgas01

Bull, I think there are a lot here that would Gladly sell their car sold for 45k as well.

200MPH

Quote from: kikgas01 on February 13, 2012, 08:58:49 AM
One of the "Bo`s General Lees." He built a few cars and this is one. People do stupid things. I bet even people who don`t like Generals will agree that this guy is a Idiot... It has had the 01 and flag replaced as well as the GL text. Still looks like crap... :eek2: All he needs is some 22`s on it and curb feelers... Wonder why he got rid of the flag when he first got it? :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

WOW your not trying to start anything really ???
Charger

kikgas01

Really. Since when is it illegal for 10 people to give opinions and 1 to disagree. Opinions are like assholes.......

200MPH

well when you start saying he should put curb feelers and 22s on it.
Charger

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 200MPH on February 13, 2012, 08:18:21 PM

What's that fancy new word used nowadays...profiling?

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 13, 2012, 09:12:22 PM
Quote from: 200MPH on February 13, 2012, 08:18:21 PM

What's that fancy new word used nowadays...profiling?

..............stereotyping.

BBD

kikgas01

Wow and all of the General Lee haters.....Guess I should start reading all of the threads so I can do the same thing... I like to argue or "debate"....

skip68

The problem is that car is only half pimped out yo.  :nana:  Everyone gets GENERAL LEE, who the hell's gonna get LONGBOY ?    My first thought when I saw longboy was that's gay.    :rofl:   
But then again, it's his car so really it's his choice to customize it however he wants.   I'm going to put "SKIP68" in place of the GENERAL LEE on my next build and sell it for $213,497.61  :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

1970Moparmann

In all fairness.  I think when people "customize" a car for themselves, have at it - it's your car.   BUT, when they want to sell it, it would make sense to make remove or change what they thought was cool.   It would also bring more money in my opinion.    :Twocents:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

kikgas01

Quote from: skip68 on February 14, 2012, 08:50:46 AM
The problem is that car is only half pimped out yo.  :nana:  Everyone gets GENERAL LEE, who the hell's gonna get LONGBOY ?    My first thought when I saw longboy was that's gay.    :rofl:  
But then again, it's his car so really it's his choice to customize it however he wants.   I'm going to put "SKIP68" in place of the GENERAL LEE on my next build and sell it for $213,497.61  :cheers:
Just like Bubba with Lee#1. Said he was gonna "bling" it out! Skip, you do that and consider it sold to me!!!! "shlongboy" would have been funny on ole "05"

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Cooter

Maybe he should try getting $45K for some of the other cars in his "Collection" to sell...Let that poor, molested, General Lee die a graceful death.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

1974dodgecharger

its still a charger you guys act like its a clone or something  ::) all you have to do is remove the paint and repanit it last time I checked. HE wont get 45k thats for sure....it will fetch 20k though to 30k.

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on February 15, 2012, 04:13:48 AM
its still a charger you guys act like its a clone or something  ::)

Yes indeed it is not form this earth :D longboy :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Mikesmoparperformance on February 15, 2012, 04:22:57 AM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on February 15, 2012, 04:13:48 AM
its still a charger you guys act like its a clone or something  ::)

Yes indeed it is not form this earth :D longboy :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

why did I laugh at that....damn it....gotta hold back the laughter  :icon_smile_big:

bill440rt

What was the saying? Oh yeah, "it's JUST stickers."

Not sure how much "heritage" a Bo's GL is gonna carry, it's not like a it's real one from the series or John's "personal GL".

As for the $45000, it "might" not be off the mark. The auction is for a charity, the proceeds go to benefit a school. Ever watch the charity bids on B-J? Some of the prices of those cars get driven through the roof. It's all a write-off.
Who knows, it could bring more than Lee1 in the end. We'll just have to wait until the end of the auction to see.
:popcrn:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce