News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anybody have a matte black 71-74 charger, need pics

Started by bugsydog, February 12, 2012, 09:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugsydog

thinking of painting my 74 charger matte black and would like to see if anybody else has done this and what it looks like? pictures would be appreciated.

RallyeMike

Almost done....

See the Hot Wheels 73 thread for more. The hood should go on next weekend.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Fred

That looks really great. I've always liked matte black and did seriously consider it for my charger but in the end I opted for the gloss.  :2thumbs:
How easy is it to keep it clean?

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

FLG

Quote from: Fred on February 13, 2012, 03:46:00 AM
That looks really great. I've always liked matte black and did seriously consider it for my charger but in the end I opted for the gloss.  :2thumbs:

That was my thing, i was saying "let me paint it matte for awhile, drive the crap out of it more and not need to stress a nice clean polished paint job"

But in all reality, it takes more work to keep up a flat paint job than it does a gloss one. Any bird droppings need to be removed immediately, you cant rub it too hard to clean it or you will polish that spot...its quite a bit of work...in the end i just said, screw it its going to be painted gloss.

But i fricken LOVE a flat black charger.

Heres another one,

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,59848.0.html

Fred

Quote from: FLG on February 13, 2012, 03:50:11 AM
Quote from: Fred on February 13, 2012, 03:46:00 AM
That looks really great. I've always liked matte black and did seriously consider it for my charger but in the end I opted for the gloss.  :2thumbs:

That was my thing, i was saying "let me paint it matte for awhile, drive the crap out of it more and not need to stress a nice clean polished paint job"

But in all reality, it takes more work to keep up a flat paint job than it does a gloss one. Any bird droppings need to be removed immediately, you cant rub it too hard to clean it or you will polish that spot...its quite a bit of work...in the end i just said, screw it its going to be painted gloss.

But i fricken LOVE a flat black charger.

Heres another one,

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,59848.0.html

That's exactly what I was thinking, you just made me feel good about my choice.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

xpbprox

I too wanted to paint mine flatt or matte or satin black but ended up not. My dad told me that he felt it looked incomplete.
Ended up painting it black, man it wouldn't have been the same.You can really appreciate and see the body lines on theres 3rd gens with a nice clean gloss finished black. Check out my build thread in my signature

bugsydog

Nice black 71 charger. I have a 71 cuda thats black and was just curious about the flat black on a charger.

xpbprox

bugsydog

xpbprox

Man that's sweet. I wanna either get a 71 or clone one into a 71

bugsydog

There fun to build just to damm expensive, ive own mine since 1993 and didnt restore it until 2007. you have one hell of a nice ride and would kill for that car.

xpbprox

71charger

I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

greymag

Paint it satin black & shoot clear coat with flatting agent in it or satin clear. It is easier to clean

FLG

Quote from: greymag on February 23, 2012, 02:49:22 PM
Paint it satin black & shoot clear coat with flatting agent in it or satin clear. It is easier to clean

Yep..but if you rub it too much in one spot..youll than get stuck with a shiney mark  :brickwall: