News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is a real 69 "raced" wing worth 3,500.00?

Started by b5blue, February 12, 2012, 06:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Item # 280823364587 on eBay "a RACED wing", he has a typo of 1959 in his add but is a real "raced" wing worth more?  :scratchchin:

A383Wing

interesting...mine is a "raced" wing as well....mine has the set screws in the horizontal part (8 of 'em)....plus mine only has 3 studs per vertical support.....the 4th stud is for the cable that ran up & over the top...I filled the outside of my vertical sections to hide the cable

I should have taken pics....but I didn't...Doug (AERO426) talked to me about mine in '99

Bryan

pettybird

generally, no, and simply because you have to modify the mounting quite a bit to get it to work.  Great for clones, not so great for cutting the quarters on a real car.  that drags down the value.

they're pretty sweet with the extra screws and cable holes, though.

A383Wing

mine did not come with the underside mounting brackets that are shown in his picture, I used the 4 piece channel braces..I ferget who I got mine from

Bryan

wingman(22)

I have one from The #6 Buddy Baker car I bought a few years ago and and paid way less than that. I have complete wing with brackets and cable.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Aero426

If you needed a race wing to put on your race car, you might be able to justify the price.  Otherwise I would say less $.

kab69440

Quote from: A383Wing on February 12, 2012, 07:51:49 PM
mine did not come with the underside mounting brackets that are shown in his picture, I used the 4 piece channel braces..I ferget who I got mine from

Bryan

hotrod98 did the wing brace repops. Awsome guy!  That said, if I had the cash I'd buy a real race wing over NOS, used real stock wing or any repop. Being able to brag about the pedigree would be worth the outlay of cash.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

moparstuart

Quote from: kab69440 link=topi :yesnod:c=88882.msg1005370#msg1005370 date=1329177158
Quote from: A383Wing on February 12, 2012, 07:51:49 PM

Bryan

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

hotrod98 did the wing brace repops. Awsome guy!  That said, if I had the cash I'd buy a real race wing over NOS, used real stock wing or any repop. Being able to brag about the pedigree would be worth the outlay of cash.
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

odcics2

Seller said that the wing is off Bakers car.  If documented, that's worth something. 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Patronus

I've been watching that wing for months...  :rotz: A bit steep for my blood...been looking for an aluminum wing. I've seen the
threads, all from like 2005. Is there anyplace to get one other than a fiberglass one? Do you guys think you could slip rods into a glass one to keep it from sagging?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

moparstuart

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

kab69440

Dane is member "daytonaguy". I haven't seen him post a 'new batch of wings' thread for a long time.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

XS29LA47V21

:popcrn:   So, someone stepped up to the plate for $3500 (apparently)

moparstuart

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on February 17, 2012, 01:37:49 PM
:popcrn:   So, someone stepped up to the plate for $3500 (apparently)
cool piece if you have a race car or a race clone   :2thumbs:

XS29LA47V21

Ghoste

No change on the starting bid though so obviously they don't agree with the most recent appraisal.

Daytona Guy

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

DoubleDlover

Ive seen that fricken wing at spring fling in woodly park year after year. Been asking 3500 for years. So appearently. since he cant come up with documentation. Its to step for most people.

b5blue

He's a nice guy to deal with, bought a new headliner off him real reasonably priced. It's clear he's not hurting for the money. I couldn't imagine anyone reproducing that set of parts and charging less?  :scratchchin:

Howie

I`ll stick with my wing by Dane. To me its not worth 3500. Id rather spend the money on more parts. :Twocents:

A383Wing

So I guess the Daytona race wing I bought back in mid 90's for $200 was a good deal??

Bryan

Ghoste

Hard to say, until somebody actually sells one we don't know what they are worth. ;)