News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

CHRISTINE II: Hell Hath No Fury

Started by jwramc, February 12, 2012, 11:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

A pic of my own "Christine" for 'yas since you have the love for the movie/car/book...

We have written at least 6 different versions which all include a 1958 Plymouth 2dr hd top in them. It isn't that hard to do. Making it get past the "In your face, attention span of a flea" kids these days is another thing all together. Any remake would have to be geared towards the "Real" fans of "Christine" rather than the F&F idiots that think NOS(Pronounced NOS, instead of N....O.....S) makes the movie.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

jwramc

Absolutely. However, no studio will bother if only a select group of 50 year olds is the target. You need to appeal to those kids, their girlfriends... everyone you can to get anything greenlit today. They want every movie to be a blockbuster, and if any crowd is going to get ignored, it's us, 'cuz we don't spend like the kids do. WE are the expendable segment of the audience as far as the studios are concerned. That means there must again be a young female the boys will be attracted to, yet needs to be good 'BFF' material for their girlfriends, the language needs to get a little more raunchy, the action a little bit faster and more intensive. Release the original today and it'll flop as it's too slow, too nice, etc...by the modern standard. But that's not to say you can't amp it up and remain true to the basic form.... and appeal to both the 'purists' and the F&F kids. My sequel absolutely has Christine in controlled slides (aka drifting) not only because the kids will like it, but even an old fart like me will find that much metal hanging out over the edge to be a cool sight. But my sequel avoids the tuner nonsense by taking place just about two years after the original- i.e., 1980...when muscle was still the cooler thing. Yes, to think of doing a REMAKE taking place TODAY is a horror I never want to see... because the tuner crap will be unavoidable (tho isn't it interesting how much the US metal has outnumbered the Asian stuff more and more with each F&F sequel?). I've also go a sequence where the proverbial car-goes-under-the-trailer-tearing-off-it's-roof stunt goes a way it only could for Christine (perhaps the one scene that would demand a just a bit a CGI). I think a sequel, as my DMCL remake, can work to appeal to both sides. Some change is a must, because if I wanted to see the same movie again, I'd just pop in the DVD. There must be something more than the same Plymiouth driving around running people over. It's gotta go to a new level...or nobody is gonna go. Not even me.
John

Ghoste

There is something to be said too for the idea of a 50's car destroying a big whack of tuner cars.

jwramc

Yup, yup... tho again, that would mean bringing the story 25+ years into the future. But there's ample opportunity in 1980 to find imports to squish, even if they aren't on dubs and sporting JDM seats....and adhesive hood scoops. :eek2:
John

Ghoste

I'm a proud tuner basher though so I like that. :icon_smile_big:

MoparManJim

You could also bring in the story with the cars of yesterday with the cars of today. I mean have it where Christine is back an look for vengeance to the folks that killed her in the first movie  :scratchchin: . Then have it where some kid gets her as a project again to fix up as he doesn't have much money. Now with him/her having the car an having an old car at that. Kids at school or a hang out is jealous.. or the kid is a not so well liked person. At some point in the film, you could have it where someone say parks besides the car (Christine) an hit's her (saying one of the punks) an walks away. She looks to see who it is an puts that person in her cross hairs. Or say, the group of baddys cars she goes for. The cars are newer cars an F&F type also an the drivers here or there hurts her. Old car goes after them.

mauve66

i like all these ideas, as soon as i win the powerball lottery we're in production, and with places like desert auto parts its entirely conceivable that the radio would sit on a shelf for the past 30 years and now she can slice through imports as well.......................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Mike DC

The raw concept of a killer car seems WA-A-AY overdue for a big-time remake. 

But these days it really cries out for an evil SUV/truck.  That's half the vehicles on the road today, and SUVs/trucks are much more menacing than any modern car.

mauve66

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on February 20, 2012, 07:58:28 PM

The raw concept of a killer car seems WA-A-AY overdue for a big-time remake. 

But these days it really cries out for an evil SUV/truck.  That's half the vehicles on the road today, and SUVs/trucks are much more menacing than any modern car.

she could take on an expedition if she wanted too :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

jwramc

I do like the idea of some CGI augmentation to help make her damage dispensing potential exponentially higher. Like have her slide sideways into a bulldozer as she rounds a curve, and while she takes sheet metal damage herself, the bulldozer is shoved aside, perhaps topples over as if it were a Yugo (remember those, kids?!?).

I also had a shot in mind where the car she is pursuing outruns a train at a crossing, but Christine is struck. She's instantly bent around the nose of the train but thrown forward through a storefront and, still sliding sideways, obliterates the displays and shelving as she routes the store, emerging through the brick backwall into an alley where she finally stops, still bent, covered in dust and debris. Cut to the fleeing driver who has slowed just a bit to check his/her mirror...and does so just in time to see Christine emerging from the alley, now less bent and dusty and reforming toward perfection as she accelerates. By the time she catches the fleeing car and bumps it, Christine is flawless once again.

Another neat moment- the old 'under the trailer' bit where lesser cars lose their roofs. Fleeing car clears the tractor trailer's nose, but the truck stops, blocking Christine's path. Viewers know exactly what to expect... so we change it! Just before her nose goes under the trailer, all four tires blow-out simultaneously. We see her slip under, the roof skin scrapping under the trailer frame, creating a shower of sparks, but this only causes scratches in her paint as the sound and view of the flopping tire rubber continues. A close-up then shows the paint 'running' to cover the bare metal areas and the tires re-inflate as she rises back up and continues pursuit. (A tweak of this stunt might be to instead have her suspension just collapse so she looks like a So-Cal lowrider as she goes under the trailer, sparks thrown from the roof AND the dragging undercarriage... but I think I prefer the floppity-floppity of the flat tires more).

Weeeeeeeeee.....there's all sorts of interesting ways to make her seem even more unstoppable than the first time. Think of her much like the T-1000 Terminator in T2. No matter how you damage it, it just 'glops' back together and keeps coming.

Oh, and for those that read the book, Petunia makes an appearance in my story, too... 'cause I was pissed they cut her out of the movie!  :lol:
John

Mike DC

:Twocents:

Skip the CGI work.  Use large-scale "miniature" cars, like 1/4th or 1/3rd scale.  Use CGI to do minor tweaks to the miniature footage and composite it with other stuff. 

CGI is like bondo - very effective at tweaking things and smoothing several pieces together.  But it fails when you try to create things from scratch with it instead of having decent raw material.

jwramc

Agreed. I didn't mean to suggest these scenes would be using entirely CGI vehicles, but as you said, augment physical footage, be it scale models or the real deal.
John

Cooter

There is a Remake of a popular horror movie in production I'm working on right now that will have a cameo appearance by "Christine"..She WILL be back on the big screen one way or the other.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

jwramc

John

djcarguy

how bout christine is melted down made into new car and sent to petty racing and wins alot by crushing the competitors.or just the crew car for getting to the races. later restored from pettys back 40 and gets  the old radio installed.   like the car show idea,maybe a christine twin at show in sun all pretty and new evil christine goes by real slow in shadow of  the old high school gym,,or car dealer, or something..  some real neat ideas you have come up with,,have fun.. :o :o :flame: :flame: :angel: :coolgleamA:

jwramc

Quote from: djcarguy on February 26, 2012, 06:51:58 AMhow bout christine is melted down made into new car and sent to petty racing and wins alot by crushing the competitors.

Meh. :-\ That'd be like watch Earnhardt Sr's career all over again.  :icon_smile_tongue:

But making a sequel occur in this modern day would certainly be a studio's prefernce as it's much cheaper when they don't have to fake a different era. I just don't know if I'd want the 'easy way out' to be taken with Christine.
John

Wheels of Terror

As a die hard Christine fan, I love your sequel!! Very thorough!! I love the 59 Fury because it looks menacing. I would love to see a movie sequel nut I know it wouldn't come close because of this goofy Fast and Furious generation. I have read the book endless times. I have watched the movie many times since I was 5 yrs old. This movie was always a joke in my family. They receded to me as Arnie in my teenage years. Iwas into cars big time while my family was a hockey family. Went to a vocational school for automotive against my patents wishes. My Firebird I bought ay 14 myself was named Arnie. 4 cylinder Firebird. Just an excellent job on the sequel!!!! :cheers: :2thumbs:
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on February 12, 2012, 12:01:51 PM
I thought there was a movie continuation/remake in the works ???? Thought Cooter talked about it???

Lol if they tried to do a remake it would surely feature an 89 Nissan Stanza or some other dumb shizz
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70