News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

CARB

Started by C928BRAN, February 05, 2012, 06:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C928BRAN

just started my engine yesterday (383) for the first time yesterday, ran great, went to fire it up today, and ran good at first, then started dumping too much fuel in the engine. took the carb apart, and checked the floats, they are shutting off, i though that would be the problem. if anybody could shed some light on the problem, that would surley be good. completely rebuilt the card, it had no leaks or nothing, just dont understand why all of a sudden it starts dumping fuel. the carb is the origianal carter avs, manual choke. :shruggy:

craig

Chryco Psycho

often it is no more than small amounts of dirt or rust in the needle & seats

71bee

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on February 05, 2012, 09:37:59 PM
often it is no more than small amounts of dirt or rust in the needle & seats

:iagree: yup. get a can of carb cleaner & squirt the crap outta the needle & seat assemblies, blow everything out with a good blast of compressed air. make sure you use a GOOD fuel filter. the refillable type are nothing short of a gravel strainer.