News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

eBay '69 GL project $5000 Buy It Now... a steal?

Started by jwramc, February 12, 2012, 09:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwramc

John

jwramc

More pics...

GAWD, I wish I had the funds!!  :brickwall:

I wouldn't be able to order a black Legendary interior and a few gallons of GY3 Citron Yella paint fast enough!! Who wants to buy all the GL parts from me?  :2thumbs:
John

Daytona R/T SE

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

nvrbdn

skip should run over and look at it and see whats up in person.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Let's see...

Doesn't run
Has rust
Has wiring issues (look at engine pic  :o )
Missing parts (dash cap, etc.)

It may be priced TOO high  :Twocents:

kikgas01

If I didn`t have to spend 1,500 getting it here!....

jb666

Quote from: kikgas01 on February 12, 2012, 11:57:10 AM

Tell ya what.. Sell me the Roscoe car and buy this one :)

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Lennard

mrsskip68

jb666

68coronetGLwannabe

I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Lennard

sparkybr74mr

Had my mouse on the buy-it now button, hesitated and tried calling seller. When I came back to it it was sold. Congrats on the purchase.

cazz

WHAT A STEEL WELL WORTH IT I THINK. GOOD JOB. WONDER IF THERE IS A FISHING ROD IN THE TRUNK. LOL :2thumbs:

68coronetGLwannabe

Hopefully it not a scam. SKip and I will get it cleaned up and running and then go from there.  :2thumbs:
"That's us in 10 years".

kikgas01

kikgas01

Quote from: jb666 on February 12, 2012, 12:01:01 PM
Quote from: kikgas01 on February 12, 2012, 11:57:10 AM

Tell ya what.. Sell me the Roscoe car and buy this one :)
Can`t do that. It is a epidemic..... Friend just bought a complete 69 for 3k..... :rotz:

jaak

I saw that car on CL a month or so ago (I search all craigslists every now and then, just to see whats out there and what folks are asking). I think its a legit ad. I think its well worth the asking price as complete as it is, whether it is running or not. I gave $5500 for 2 Chargers (mine and the one I used for parts) and that was 12 years ago! So I think 5k for that is really fair.

Jason

Scaregrabber

Looks decent for the $$$. I would un-GL in a nanosecond.

Sheldon

Daytona R/T SE

jwramc

Skip,

Should I PM you my address for the transport company?  :drool5:
John

skip68

I'm the transport company.   ;)  I'll be picking it up in the morning.    :cheers: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jwramc

Cool. Just honk when you get to the driveway and I'll go open the gate. You can drive straight in as the driveway is a big circle with a separate exit back on to the road. Now hurry.  :cheers:
John

mauve66

damn, i just saw this or i would of bid yuou up a bit................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: skip68 on February 12, 2012, 12:15:12 PM
Relax guys, skips on it.   :2thumbs:

Nice score! Looking forward ot the "after the purchase" report  :popcrn:

skip68

Quote from: jwramc on February 12, 2012, 02:08:24 PM
Cool. Just honk when you get to the driveway and I'll go open the gate. You can drive straight in as the driveway is a big circle with a separate exit back on to the road. Now hurry.  :cheers:

You got it.   :2thumbs:       

Quote from: mauve66 on February 12, 2012, 02:14:53 PM

Well,   :scratchchin:  Make me an offer and I'll drop it off at your door.   :icon_smile_big:

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: skip68 on February 12, 2012, 02:43:42 PM
Quote from: jwramc on February 12, 2012, 02:08:24 PM

You got it.   :2thumbs:       

Quote from: mauve66 on February 12, 2012, 02:14:53 PM

Well,   :scratchchin:  Make me an offer and I'll drop it off at your door.   :icon_smile_big:

Skip you told me you are the most honest person I know! I knew you couldn't be trusted.  :slap:
"That's us in 10 years".

skip68

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

jwramc

If I had the 5K, you'd all have heard about it after the sale. :laugh:
John

nvrbdn

good for you skip. i cant wait to see clean up pic's.  skip has a charger :boogie:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

tippytoe

Quote from: sparkybr74mr on February 12, 2012, 12:50:34 PM
Had my mouse on the buy-it now button, hesitated and tried calling seller. When I came back to it it was sold. Congrats on the purchase.

I did the same thing ! I tried calling once & left a voicemail. I was gonna say screw it & hit the buy it now but wussed out & tried calling a second time. By the time the second call attempt failed & I logged back on, the car was no longer available. oh well, you snooze you lose. Congrats to the new owner !

vegasmike

68coronetGLwannabe

"That's us in 10 years".

skip68

Mike, you're just jealous because I've got mad mechanical skills.  Wait till you see what I do with this car tomorrow.    :buff: :buff: :buff: :buff: :paintingpink:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: skip68 on February 12, 2012, 10:14:32 PM
Mike, you're just jealous because I've got mad mechanical skills.  Wait till you see what I do with this car tomorrow.    :buff: :buff: :buff: :buff: :paintingpink:

Have you already picked it up? :popcrn:

skip68

tylerk

I'd have slapped the man with 5k, I think it's a great buy. Skip, sir, please take plenty of interior pictures! Looks like the colors are a little darker on this car, especially with the console. Could just be the lighting I guess, but since I'm repainting mine from green to tan right now, all the pics you could manage...cough cough, hint hint... :cheers:

skip68

Quote from: tylerk on February 12, 2012, 11:15:55 PM
I'd have slapped the man with 5k, I think it's a great buy. Skip, sir, please take plenty of interior pictures! Looks like the colors are a little darker on this car, especially with the console. Could just be the lighting I guess, but since I'm repainting mine from green to tan right now, all the pics you could manage...cough cough, hint hint... :cheers:

No problem.   :cheers:   I'll post pictures soon.

bmoparmofo

69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Good on you skip, always nice to bring home a new toy. Have fun.  :2thumbs:

Whistling Dixie!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

tracpack440

5k not bad looks like a good project from the pics. Looks like it used to be a lite green color. Also the engine compartment looks like there is mudd or dirt and  weeds maybe it was in a flood ? or maybe not.  :popcrn:
1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

Mikesmoparperformance

5k :o :o :o Why didn't i see this :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: I know i was with my girlfriend yesterday :D would love to have it :popcrn:. Great that you have it skip enjoy it! :cheers:
Would love to see more photo's of it. He also has the vector rims with it :cheers: Damn 5000dollars for a charger in this shape is a steal!!!!  :drool5: :2thumbs:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

moparstuart

skippy   69 general this time  ,  going to get a 70 next  ?   :shruggy: :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

skip68

You guys dodged a bullet on this car.  I'll start a new thread with pictures of the so called $5,000 dollar Charger deal.   

jwramc

John

mauve66

glad something worked out in my favor for a change.........
skip, maybe you can sell it to the guy over at blder hwy and charleston/fremont there, always has a bunch of mopars that are way over priced................... La Joya motors or something like that, haven't been there in a couple of months though
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

kikgas01

Quote from: skip68 on February 13, 2012, 06:46:14 PM
You guys dodged a bullet on this car.  I'll start a new thread with pictures of the so called $5,000 dollar Charger deal.   
Yeah right. I`d be all over that car.

bmoparmofo

:shruggy:
Quote from: skip68 on February 13, 2012, 06:46:14 PM
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

1974dodgecharger

ill be all over this for 10k.....Im in phx myself  :popcrn:

kikgas01

To much money needing lower quarters, trunk floor,metal work around the back window, interior, belts, hoses brakes, radiatior and so on. It was a STEAL at 5 grand though. 14k plus all of that work done right and paint is really expensive for a decent job.....10k car imo.... Don`t bash me guys for my opinion.Wade is a great, honest person. I bought my car from him.

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: kikgas01 on February 21, 2012, 09:57:44 PM
To much money needing lower quarters, trunk floor,metal work around the back window, interior, belts, hoses brakes, radiatior and so on. It was a STEAL at 5 grand though. 14k plus all of that work done right and paint is really expensive for a decent job.....10k car imo.... Don`t bash me guys for my opinion.Wade is a great, honest person. I bought my car from him.

I wont bash you, everybody is entitled to there opinion. I had offers of 10k before the car was even of the trailer and in unknown running condition. Now that its running and the wiring has been fixed should be worth a little something. I think I will keep it fix the little stuff and send it off to be painted and new interior and park it next to the General. :2thumbs:
"That's us in 10 years".

1974dodgecharger

didnt know it needed that much work body wise. As for the hoses, brakes, radiator, etc. those are easily replaced vs the body work.

kikgas01

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on February 21, 2012, 11:22:48 PM
There are pics under the for sale section.

didnt know it needed that much work body wise. As for the hoses, brakes, radiator, etc. those are easily replaced vs the body work.

kikgas01

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on February 21, 2012, 10:46:43 PM

I wont bash you, everybody is entitled to there opinion. I had offers of 10k before the car was even of the trailer and in unknown running condition. Now that its running and the wiring has been fixed should be worth a little something. I think I will keep it fix the little stuff and send it off to be painted and new interior and park it next to the General. :2thumbs:
I definatly want pics!

68coronetGLwannabe

The body isn't that bad. I have a guy that can do it for a lot less than you are probably thinking. He has done several cars for me and the ones I show have won multiple awards at shows and they aren't full of bondo. He does nice driver quality at a fair price. A few members have seen my car at MATS and are shocked what I have into the paint. I will just keep it and enjoy it.  :2thumbs:
"That's us in 10 years".

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on February 21, 2012, 11:56:07 PM
The body isn't that bad. I have a guy that can do it for a lot less than you are probably thinking. He has done several cars for me and the ones I show have won multiple awards at shows and they aren't full of bondo. He does nice driver quality at a fair price. A few members have seen my car at MATS and are shocked what I have into the paint. I will just keep it and enjoy it.  :2thumbs:

you have pics of your car that your friend did? I might need some info on it since Im looking for another charger, but depending on price and the cancer to fixi t etc.....

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on February 22, 2012, 01:22:50 AM

you have pics of your car that your friend did? I might need some info on it since Im looking for another charger, but depending on price and the cancer to fixi t etc.....

Here are pics of my 70 and my 69 he did for me. I have less than $2k into each paint job and all the GL graphics are painted on and the flag was airbrushed. He is doing a 66 Plymouth Fury lll ($1K) for me know and it had more rust by a long shot than this Charger does.
"That's us in 10 years".

Mikesmoparperformance

Damn I misted  it again :o Good luck with the car and enjoy it! :2thumbs:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1974dodgecharger

im gonna have to hook up with you in the near future once I find another charger your car looks great for a daily driver status Im not looking for award winning show quality, but the '10ft away look good' status if you know what I mean.
Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on February 22, 2012, 09:03:08 AM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on February 22, 2012, 01:22:50 AM

Here are pics of my 70 and my 69 he did for me. I have less than $2k into each paint job and all the GL graphics are painted on and the flag was airbrushed. He is doing a 66 Plymouth Fury lll ($1K) for me know and it had more rust by a long shot than this Charger does.

tracpack440

? this car was sold again. How much did it sell for ?
1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: tracpack440 on February 24, 2012, 01:30:39 AM
? this car was sold again. How much did it sell for ?

Yes this car is sold again skip would have let it painted but did sell it before that. I didn't saw the price i think because he sad grabs 10k? :cheers:
MOPAR OR NO CAR