News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whitney Houston dead?

Started by resq302, February 11, 2012, 08:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Just saw on Ch. 2, special report that Whitney Housten died at age 48.  More details to follow at the evening news.  Guess all the drugs finally caught up to her.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

68 CHARGER R/T

nvrbdn

wow,yep its on msnbc right now. dang rip whitney
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

yea....I just saw it as well

sorry to hear

Bryan

68 Bullitt Charger

Now Bobby Brown can get the rest of her money!!!   What a real shame.
Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

A383Wing

yea...I think he was her undoing the whole time

Bryan

Fred

Sad news. It always comes as a shock when they are still relatively young. Only in her prime really.
Just about to turn on the TV to watch our news as I haven't heard anything yet. Been keeping busy all day. Didn't even have the radio on as I wasn't working in my garage.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Tilar

What an amazing voice she had. So sad to see her go at such a young age.   :'(
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

RECHRGD

I never understood the Bad Boy attraction thing.  So many, otherwise intelligent women ruin their lives because of it.  RIP Whitney.....
13.53 @ 105.32

elacruze

Not unexpected.

She never has come down for breakfast, really.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

jb666

What's really sad about it is that less than 10 minutes after she was announced dead people were cracking (dead) Whitney jokes...  Addicted to drugs or not, the world lost a very talented person... Sad.

FJ5WING

Quote from: jb666 on February 12, 2012, 12:11:16 PM
What's really sad about it is that less than 10 minutes after she was announced dead people were cracking (dead) Whitney jokes...  Addicted to drugs or not, the world lost a very talented person... Sad.

guilty! :moon:

No sympathy for multi-millionaire crackwhores.  :loser:
wingless now, but still around.

derailed

Quote from: jb666 on February 12, 2012, 12:11:16 PM
What's really sad about it is that less than 10 minutes after she was announced dead people were cracking (dead) Whitney jokes...  Addicted to drugs or not, the world lost a very talented person... Sad.
:iagree: Addiction is a nasty thing. I really doubt her goal in life was to end up the way she was. She was a very talented person and so was Bobby Brown at one time for that matter. I do not fault him entirely for her demise. I dont know if she was exactly the saint like everyone made her out to be before she met him. Being worth that kind of money at such an early age its easy to get in trouble.

mrsskip68

She was a legend! I feel bad for her daughter. Especially with people bashing her on all the channels. Shame... :rotz:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Maybe she's just waiting...

...Waiting to Exhale
 :smilielol:

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

mrsskip68

68 Bullitt Charger

::) Come on Guys, no one here or anywhere is an Angel as well. No doubt she was f*cked up and married a dirtbag. However at on time she was a very beautiful, talented person who came from a Church type Family. Hopefully the good Lord will straighten her out now and she will rid herself of those demon's. God Bless.
Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

gtx6970

Quote from: 68 Bullitt Charger on February 12, 2012, 04:19:08 PM
::) Come on Guys, no one here or anywhere is an Angel as well. No doubt she was f*cked up and married a dirtbag. However at on time she was a very beautiful, talented person who came from a Church type Family. Hopefully the good Lord will straighten her out now and she will rid herself of those demon's. God Bless.

Couldn't have said it better.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

NYCMille

TeeWJay426

Quote from: gtx6970 on February 12, 2012, 05:20:22 PM

Couldn't have said it better.

X2
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

404NOTFOUND

I'm not what you would call a fan but, she did have an amazing voice and if I stumbled across her songs on the radio, I would usually crank it up. As for the drug use, she was actually helping to finance all that violence in Mexico and elsewhere. Being addicted is no excuse. Anyone can beat an addiction if they really want to.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

FLG

I feel sorry for her and her family/fans...but

If i hear that damn song again one more fricken time im going to jump off the damn roof....all they did was kept saying how she died keep repeating the same crap they've been repeating and playing "I will always love you" over and over and over and over and over and over...ok rant over

nvrbdn

ok, didnt dolly parton sing the "i will always love you" song first? at the end of her show each week? anyway the whitney mix was playing every other song on the oldies station here yesterday.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

histoy

In the movie The Body Guard Dolly Parton's version was played in a bar during the early part of the movie, then Whitney did her version later in the movie.

Old Moparz

Quote from: FLG on February 13, 2012, 05:22:55 AM
I feel sorry for her and her family/fans...but

If i hear that damn song again one more fricken time im going to jump off the damn roof....all they did was kept saying how she died keep repeating the same crap they've been repeating and playing "I will always love you" over and over and over and over and over and over...ok rant over

I agree 100%.

Never was a fan of hers, but I didn't have any issues & thought she had a good voice. I cringed when that "Always Love You" came on. To me it sounds like one of those European police sirens.   :o
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

mrsskip68

If i hear one more reporter comparing Jennifer Hudson to Whitney, I will have to hurl!!!!! Whitney had voice control, talent, and didnt scream her songs, unlike J.H. God that womans voice is like fingernails on the chalkboard!!!  :brickwall:

Lisa

nvrbdn

J.H. has a good voice for her style of music. and you are right. there is no comparison of the two.whitney had such a clean and controled sound. she could sing anything at any volume and not lose it. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nh_mopar_fan

When they die, drug addicts get more sympathy than war heroes.

histoy

Only if they are famous drug addicts.

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Fred

I've got nothing against JH but boy oh boy did she make a mess of the "I will always love you". Only Whitney could sing it well. Oh and Dolly Parton too but then again she wrote it so it comes as no surprise that she can also sing it. 

FLG

AHHH its not ending!!!

Why didnt anyone care when Dennis Ritchie past away in October.....i mean the Creator of C, co-founder of Unix, and the person who made it possible for computing to be at the level it currently is seemed to pass on deaf ears when he died last year..

BB1

RIP Dennis Ritchie. You made the world a better place.  :angelwing:

I hate fame.
Delete my profile

hemi68charger

What a sad way to end the life of such a beautiful woman with a wonderful voice..... Rest in Peace Whitney.....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

skip68

The problem with these celebrities is they don't have enough REAL friends around them.   People who actually care about them instead of caring about who they are.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Fred

Quote from: skip68 on February 14, 2012, 09:16:02 AM
The problem with these celebrities is they don't have enough REAL friends around them.   People who actually care about them instead of caring about who they are.   

And what they can get out of it!

1969chargerrtse

Yeah Whitney was one beautiful person who got involved with someone who was not.  She was drinking like anyone else and then took a pill to chill, and you can't do that.  A real lost of talent and a nice person. 
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: mrsskip68 on February 13, 2012, 12:49:09 PM
If i hear one more reporter comparing Jennifer Hudson to Whitney, I will have to hurl!!!!! Whitney had voice control, talent, and didnt scream her songs, unlike J.H. God that womans voice is like fingernails on the chalkboard!!!  :brickwall:

Lisa
I agree I didn't think she was close at all to what Whitney could do?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Cooter

While I was never a really big fan of Whitney after "Wanna dance with somebody" and her early stuff, I refuse to post anything bad relating to her demise.
I do not agree that flags and such should be lowered half staff because an "Addicted" person died though. Same goes for the King. Both died at the hands of their demons.
Twas a shock to see her death though. I still miss that sweet innocent, young girl belting out harmonies the way she was circa 1986...

I don't see flags flown half staff for the millions of other drug addicts around the world that die every day, so.........
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

greenpigs

QuoteI don't see flags flown half staff for the millions of other drug addicts around the world that die every day, so.........

X2

I don't think it is millions that die every day but I know what you mean. Except for singing a couple popular songs she is no different than the rest......
:Twocents:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

nvrbdn

dang cooter, that was putting it perfect. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

Quote from: greenpigs on February 17, 2012, 03:48:47 AM
QuoteI don't see flags flown half staff for the millions of other drug addicts around the world that die every day, so.........

X2

I don't think it is millions that die every day but I know what you mean. Except for singing a couple popular songs she is no different than the rest......
:Twocents:

x3

Silver R/T

So sad that celebrities don't end lives well like normal human beings, usually dead from drugs/alcohol, substance abuse or end up getting shot.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Chris G.

Quote from: Silver R/T on February 18, 2012, 02:02:35 PM
So sad that celebrities don't end lives well like normal human beings, usually dead from drugs/alcohol, substance abuse or end up getting shot.

Normal humans don't die from drugs/alcohol, substance abuse or getting shot?  :shruggy: What world is this you speak of?  :shruggy:

Cooter

I've heard everything from "Overworked", to "Stress" as the reason Celebs end up on drugs or suicide.

IMO, the REAL reason Celebs cannot simply make it out unscathed is the fact that fame is like a drug, the more you get the more you feel you need. Then, there's the money. Both allow greed to take over and once you've made $10 million, you begin to fade out of the spotlight for a couple years. After this, you begin to miss that redhot spotlight and try something like a "Comback" and that's when the reallity of your getting older/growing up sets in. Then, the drugs show up to cope with this. Soon after, you are dead. Nobody is the exact same as when they are 16 Y/O. I cannot understand why we as the public can't allow Celebs to progress and age. We all want Whitney to be that sweet girl we heard way back in 1992 singing "I will always love you", when she's damn near 50!
People can be cruel even after they have grown up from that cruel little sh*t they were in HS. The only one i know of that made it out of this might be Betty White because Most of the fans that know her today, hadn't seen her act or were even born back in the 40's when she started. She will pretty much look the same till she is dead. It's the kids that grow up in the spotlight that have to live up to being basically a kid until the day they die.

Look at Cathy Bach. I read and hear people All the time saying aweful things like "Yeah, Daisy was hot, but she's a washed up, has been, old lady now!"
Well, i'm sure you are just the same weight, height, health, and looks as you were when you were 20 Y/O 30 years later too. We simply won't allow a comback unless the celebrity pulls off the impossible and remains on drugs to look thin as she/he did back in their prime, yet every time the doctor tells us we've gained 50 pounds to much, it's all of a sudden allowed and "ok".  To see her[Whitney] try and recapture that magic back in 1992 makes me feel so sorry for her.
When I read some of the posts on another board like the joke of the candle light vigil for Whitney and it showed a picture of a Crack spoon and lighter, it breaks my heart.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

chargermike

whitney killed herself 15 years ago....she just forgot to die. she chose to die. dont care that she could sing. her and many others in music took there life and it was there choice. ill cry for those who were takin from us. not those who took there life. she had enough money to get the best help out there. whitney didnot care about whitney. her manager her record company her so called famous friends didnot care about whitney. whitney didnot care about her kid and leaving her motherless. the only one who is bummed out whitney is her dealer. he lost a good paying custermer. and now will all spend her money. no pitty here.

200MPH

Charger