News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Black painted roof, option?

Started by 1BAD68, February 09, 2012, 07:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1BAD68

Anyone know if you could get a painted (black) roof in place of a vinyl roof in 68?

moparfan53

I believe I am correct in that you could not on a Charger, but it was available on Coronets and Darts, probably some other models also. Option code 292 (two tone paint).

vancamp

I dont believe you could on a charger

Alaskan_TA

1BAD68

1BAD68

Found this picture and was wondering if anyone has painted their roof, maybe a flat black?

AirborneSilva

Quote from: 1BAD68 on February 14, 2012, 07:36:15 AM
Found this picture and was wondering if anyone has painted their roof, maybe a flat black?

Interesting idea but poorly done, I wouldn't do it but then it's not my car.

Iceyone

I'll bet somewhere out there, someone has put spray-on bed liner on the roof of their Charger.  :scratchchin:
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

moparstuart

My 69 road runner came from the factory with a R-4 red body and a black painted top . Pretty rare option .   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi-hampton

I restored a 440 6 pak 69 Roadrunner that was Y2 with X9 black painted roof. Rare as far as I know. LEON.

maxwellwedge

I have a 69 Swinger B7 with a white painted roof.

1BAD68

Do those Roadrunner's have trim separating the roof paint from body paint?

maxwellwedge

Yes - All the painted roof option cars used the vinyl top trim.

moparstuart

Quote from: maxwellwedge on February 15, 2012, 09:32:32 PM
Yes - All the painted roof option cars used the vinyl top trim.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  i was young and stupid back in 84 and thought that siince my car had vinyl top trip it should have a vinyl top
 well u guessed it i put the vinyl top on it   :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

XS29LA47V21

Some yrs ago, one of my cars when I bought it had a painted roof,  :pity:  it felt goofy and wrong, I put vinyl top on it, but what do I know, as much as I love sassy grassy, lime, etc they just feel wrong to me on 68s & 69s, but that my head, I vote put a top on it. :yesnod: