News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone with PG/BEA Upper Door Pads...

Started by tylerk, February 08, 2012, 12:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tylerk

Could you post a close-up picture of the grain and maybe the lines in the middle of the pad? I'm trying to decide between these and Legendary. I've heard PG/BEA's grain isn't as close but the lines were better. Thanks!

Back N Black

I have the PG/BEA and the grain is not exact but really close. I cannot send a pic because i'm alway from home for the next 3 weeks, sorry.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Back N Black on February 09, 2012, 03:13:46 PM
I have the PG/BEA and the grain is not exact but really close. I cannot send a pic because i'm alway from home for the next 3 weeks, sorry.

Say what seat covers and door panels did you go with ? all Pg ?

I have PG front uppers was going to get the rear and seat covers too. They don't make the std 70 door panels though.

tylerk

Are there any fitment issues, Back N Black? I've heard that when they first came out they had some problems but have since been fixed.

Back N Black

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on February 09, 2012, 04:13:24 PM
Quote from: Back N Black on February 09, 2012, 03:13:46 PM
I have the PG/BEA and the grain is not exact but really close. I cannot send a pic because I'm away from home for the next 3 weeks, sorry.

Say what seat covers and door panels did you go with ? all Pg ?

I have PG front uppers was going to get the rear and seat covers too. They don't make the std 70 door panels though.

I bought Ledgenary door panels and the seats are original.(quote)

Are there any fitment issues, Back N Black? I've heard that when they first came out they had some problems but have since been fixed.
 there was no issues with fitment, fit as good as my old door pads.

Hope this helps.

tylerk

It does indeed! Thank you kind sir. Are you pleased with the fitment, too? How was Mike's shipping?

bull

It seems to me that these door pads are made using the same type of process they used on the 68-69 lower dash pads, no? If so I hope someone starts makng those.

Chatt69chgr

PG Classics was going to offer these.  They made some and Mike Ross said that they didn't fit well.  That was probably a year and a half ago.  PG is supposedly still going to offer these but so far-----no product.  And they do seem to be make utilizing the same process.  Not sure why they can't seem to get these to market.  There is a big demand for them.  both for the ac and non ac cars.

Mr. Lee

I've been looking around for some repo upper door pads aswell.

PG, BEA, Legendary, Clasic Parts Mart, Classic Industries, they all have them and prices vary.

What I really like to know is how the color of these repo's match the original. I need them in Saddle/Tan but don't want it to look like this;

There is so much difference in color, anyone knows wich repo's match the original colors? Thanks  :2thumbs:

BE&A's tan matches legendarys tan door panels pretty good, better than the photo. Due to Saddle interior cars having a slightly darker dash I had my door pads re-dyed to the darkest shade in the door panel marbling.

Mr. Lee

Quote from: 440 on May 05, 2012, 11:04:58 PM
BE&A's tan matches legendarys tan door panels pretty good, better than the photo. Due to Saddle interior cars having a slightly darker dash I had my door pads re-dyed to the darkest shade in the door panel marbling.

OK thanks for that info  :2thumbs:

Does anyone have a pic with the BEA Saddle/Tan upper panels installed?

I can get a pic of the two together but not installed on a car.

Mr. Lee

Quote from: 440 on May 06, 2012, 07:09:07 AM
I can get a pic of the two together but not installed on a car.

Would be great, but are they BEA's original color? Thought you dyed them?

Thanks  :2thumbs:

Brock Lee

Quote from: Mr. Lee on May 05, 2012, 02:57:07 PM
There is so much difference in color, anyone knows wich repo's match the original colors? Thanks  :2thumbs:

The originals did not match the lower panel either. 

I thought I had a before pic but I don't. As Brock says nothing was really a perfect match. The dash, A-pillar, trim and kick panels were a shade darker and the headliner usually a shade lighter. There really is no right or wrong.

I thought the door pads were fine, but the same tan for the dash pad was too light. I did dye my door pads half a shade darker, which is hard to tell the difference anyways.

Mr. Lee

No problem, thanks anyway :2thumbs:

Anyone else can help me out with a pic of BEA's Saddle/Tan Upper panels installed?

@ BEA Michael; don't you have a pic of the installed upper panels in Saddle/Tan?

roger440

Quote from: Mr. Lee on May 05, 2012, 02:57:07 PM
I've been looking around for some repo upper door pads aswell.

PG, BEA, Legendary, Clasic Parts Mart, Classic Industries, they all have them and prices vary.

What I really like to know is how the color of these repo's match the original. I need them in Saddle/Tan but don't want it to look like this;

Mine looks similat to that. Whats the problem? It can never look the same as the door pads were not a "marbled" effect as pointed out by someone else. The pads were not marbled. Or al least they dont look it. Mine were the originals, and i cleaned them up real good before dying them.
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

Dino

They're not supposed to be all the same color.  There should be two or three shades.  Upper pads and dash should be darker than door panels and seat covers.  I would probably match the A pillars to the headliner instead of the dash pads but either way works.

What's the deal with the carpet in saddle interiors though?  There's what?  3 shades available?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

roger440

Quote from: Dino on May 09, 2012, 06:46:39 AM
They're not supposed to be all the same color.  There should be two or three shades.  Upper pads and dash should be darker than door panels and seat covers.  I would probably match the A pillars to the headliner instead of the dash pads but either way works.

What's the deal with the carpet in saddle interiors though?  There's what?  3 shades available?

3 shades? Is there? Im just about to order carpet (another thread) Any pointers as to what i should be getting?
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1961 Standard Atlas
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

Dino

Quote from: roger440 on May 09, 2012, 07:06:10 AM
Quote from: Dino on May 09, 2012, 06:46:39 AM

3 shades? Is there? Im just about to order carpet (another thread) Any pointers as to what i should be getting?

For 80/20 loop there's saddle #26, light saddle #127, lt/md saddle #27, medium saddle #129 and dark saddle #29.  So there's 5....

Alas I do not know which one is correct for your car.  If you have the original carpet then find the cleanest spot, cut it out and send the piece to legendary so they can match it.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Personally from the photos I've seen of Saddle interiors; Chris' 69 Charger registry has lots of good reference photos.

I'd match all of the dash, dash pads, A-pillar, front headliner trim, kick panels darker. (almost brown)

I'd match the seat covers, door panels, upper door pads the same. (legendarys saddle seat covers)

I'd leave the headliner a shade lighter (light/ medium light tan)

For the carpet I'd go somewhere in the middle.

Mr. Lee

Does anybody have Legendary uppers installed with Legandary doorpanels?

I have the Legendary doorpanels in saddle/tan, and want to know if their uppers match them. Anyone have a clear pic?

I did send Legandary an email buth they never did reply....

Mr. Lee

Quote from: Mr. Lee on May 20, 2012, 02:03:02 PM
Does anybody have Legendary uppers installed with Legandary doorpanels?

I have the Legendary doorpanels in saddle/tan, and want to know if their uppers match them. Anyone have a clear pic?

I did send Legandary an email buth they never did reply....

ANYONE  :shruggy:

Call legendary and see if you can get a sample from them. I'll probably be requesting a sample myself pretty soon.

Mr. Lee

Quote from: 440 on May 28, 2012, 08:34:31 PM
Call legendary and see if you can get a sample from them. I'll probably be requesting a sample myself pretty soon.
It's difficult to call, I'm in Europe. That's why I use the email but they really never replied.. It isn't that hard to just answer an email is it  :shruggy:

roger440

Im in the UK, but sometimes the phone is the only way. Many evenings spent this way.......
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1961 Standard Atlas
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

Quote from: roger440 on May 31, 2012, 03:59:48 PM
Im in the UK, but sometimes the phone is the only way. Many evenings spent this way.......

Ditto, I'm in Australia and with most things the phone is the only way. Half the time your emails don't get answered or you get two word responses.