News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wow... Govier is a brave soul on moparts....

Started by hemi68charger, February 06, 2012, 02:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtx6970

Quote from: squeakfinder on February 09, 2012, 06:45:32 PM

He used the same dealers new / current - relocated address instead. With no offer to correct it on his dime,,,,,,, My brother was pissed to say the least.

Why would anybody do that?  :rotz:   Did GG think the address was wrong so he switched it to the current one not knowing any better?
[/quote]

Not sure,My brother had the original selling dealers name, address, original ph number,  dealer code, everything he needed.
And when he did the repop window sticker he put the new ( and current ) address  on the label .
As the the dealership was still in operation but had moved to a larger / better location in the mid 90's
About the only thing he got right was the name of the dealership itself.
And when asked to correct this obvous mistake on his part, he declined. Basically telling my brother tough luck.

Neal_J

Times have changed and Galen's various business schemes (high $$ car authentication for the high $$ customers, decoding for the regular guys with perpetual delays, magazine columns) have all dried up.  His reputation is now in same toilet that he claims to clean and now he's become a used car salesman.

I just gotta say it:  kharma is AWESOME!

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: SFRT on February 08, 2012, 11:54:15 PM
I skimmed thru that moparts thread.

Glovier comes off as a stone cold dumbass. His whole trip seems scammy . I bet he talks like the dude in the Simpsons that owns thhe comic book store.

Does he have a car? is it awesome like mine? if not fuck him.

Haven't read the Moparts thread, but I understand that he owns one of only 2 '68 Coronet 440s with a Hemi.  That is to say, a non-R/T Hemi car.  When have you ever seen one of those?

greenpigs

I don't think it matters what GG has in the garage.

It is more about his ethics that are in question than what he has. Even then ownership of a rare car doesn't make you special.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: greenpigs on February 09, 2012, 11:53:13 PM
I don't think it matters what GG has in the garage.

It is more about his ethics that are in question than what he has. Even then ownership of a rare car doesn't make you special.

Well sure.  But I was only addressing the one part of that previous post.  I've never had dealings with him, and although I'd probably never need to, I don't think I would based on what I know.

Bob T

Quote from: SFRT on February 09, 2012, 11:17:58 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_Book_Guy

As an analogy from SFRT, it could be construed as being very apt, and broke the Forth Wall while he was at it  :D
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

Quote from: Back N Black on February 09, 2012, 03:06:31 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on February 09, 2012, 01:22:39 PM
Quote from: Magnumcharger on February 09, 2012, 12:22:49 PM
Is that Canadian bacon Stuart? Or ham?
REGULAR BACON SIR  

THIS IS CANADIAN BACON  , you should know your the canadian   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

This is Canadian Bacon!

That looks like mighty good tucker, what is that stuffing. I'm drooling just looking at it. :drool5:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on February 09, 2012, 10:43:44 PM
Quote from: SFRT on February 08, 2012, 11:54:15 PM
I skimmed thru that moparts thread.

Glovier comes off as a stone cold dumbass. His whole trip seems scammy . I bet he talks like the dude in the Simpsons that owns thhe comic book store.

Does he have a car? is it awesome like mine? if not fuck him.

Haven't read the Moparts thread, but I understand that he owns one of only 2 '68 Coronet 440s with a Hemi.  That is to say, a non-R/T Hemi car.  When have you ever seen one of those?

I recall reading the same thing about him owning a rare Hemi car like that, I just don't remember which year or model. The first thing that entered my mind after reading it was that this is someone who has some really good access to vehicles that come in under the radar. Imagine just being able to sit at home picking & choosing which cars you want to go inspect from all the info people send you?

Dear GG,

I have a chance to buy a car that I am told is very rare, but it's on the other side of the country. Having only loved Corvettes my entire life, I have no idea what I need to know for buying a Mopar. Can you please check this convertible out for me? It's a 1971 Plymouth named after some fish that has 4 spark plug wires in the tops of each valve cover. The owner said it was his father's friend, but they are both deceased now & he knows nothing other than the fact he doesn't like the purple pimp color or how rough it idles.

I've included a check with the name, address & phone number of the seller, thanks, Mr Jones

:scratchchin:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back N Black

Quote from: Fred on February 10, 2012, 01:58:41 AM
REGULAR BACON SIR  

THIS IS CANADIAN BACON  , you should know your the canadian   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

This is Canadian Bacon!

That looks like mighty good tucker, what is that stuffing. I'm drooling just looking at it. :drool5:
Here you go, link to the Bacon turtle burger. http://followmyrecipe.blogspot.com/2010/02/super-carolines-bacon-turtle-burger-fun.html

Iceyone

Dear GG,

I have a chance to buy a car that I am told is very rare, but it's on the other side of the country. Having only loved Corvettes my entire life, I have no idea what I need to know for buying a Mopar. Can you please check this convertible out for me? It's a 1971 Plymouth named after some fish that has 4 spark plug wires in the tops of each valve cover. The owner said it was his father's friend, but they are both deceased now & he knows nothing other than the fact he doesn't like the purple pimp color or how rough it idles.

I've included a check with the name, address & phone number of the seller, thanks, Mr Jones

Mr Jones,

I have had the opportunity to personally bless this car for you. You will be glad to know that the purple Plymouth which was once only worth about $4500.00 (new) may now be purchased for only $4,500,000.00. Your check has been cashed for payment of my services. Enjoy the complimentary, OEM dash screw.

Regards,

GG

68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

Fred

Quote from: Back N Black on February 10, 2012, 07:48:31 PM
Quote from: Fred on February 10, 2012, 01:58:41 AM
REGULAR BACON SIR  

This is Canadian Bacon!

Here you go, link to the Bacon turtle burger. http://followmyrecipe.blogspot.com/2010/02/super-carolines-bacon-turtle-burger-fun.html

hmm! not sure about all that cheese. other than that, I can go for it. I find bacon pretty irresistible.  :cheers:

TUFCAT

badass

mopars best **** the rest

A383Wing

arrow

Dear GG,

[/quote]

Read the reply on pg. 24 by Glo worm  in the moparts thread- if thats true , hes getting what he deserves

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Fred

Old Moparz

Quote from: arrow on February 11, 2012, 12:29:09 AM

Dear GG,

Read the reply on pg. 24 by Glo worm  in the moparts thread- if thats true , hes getting what he deserves

I had read gloworm's reply too, but not why I had typed this. It was just to show how simple it would be to undermine a sale on something, or actually beat someone to a sweet deal on a car that was under priced.

Once, many years ago, I was buying parts from someone. This guy told me about a '68 Satellite convertible in a junkyard that was still a complete car that had not been stripped yet. He said he was going back for the console & had told me what yard it was. The next day I brought my tool box to work & went straight to that yard on the way home. I got the roof structure, the hydraulics & pump, all the convertible trim, & a few other items for $100, but left the console. The console was nice & something I could have either used as a spare, or sell, but the guy who told me that the car was there wanted it. I left it so he could get it & I could sleep at night.

Some people have good business ethics & can keep their reputation clean, but when greed or a poor economy is part of the equation, it can easily bring out the worst in people. I have a tough time believing that anyone armed with a wealth of information, like stock market trading, or in this case a rare Mopar, & makes a living off a related service would never undercut a sale for self gain.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

superbirdtom

Bankers work and in hand with realtors to scam a lot of cheapo repo properties. without the public hearing boo. your right on the mark.

hemi68charger

The debate is over.......... The thread is locked... For better or worse.......   :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

maxwellwedge

:2thumbs:   These things always turn into a S*%t -Show

ACUDANUT

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 12, 2012, 07:12:34 PM
The debate is over.......... The thread is locked... For better or worse.......   :2thumbs:

Nope. Freedom of speech/opinions are still welcomed here. :cheers:

hemi68charger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 12, 2012, 07:55:47 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on February 12, 2012, 07:12:34 PM

Nope. Freedom of speech/opinions are still welcomed here. :cheers:

Within reason of course...  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

charger_fan_4ever

I just noticed over on moparts that GG's title under his screen name is Ty bol man LOL priceless. By the look of his last post he was grasping at straws calling out some dude saying he had a rebodied fake 6 pac cuda. He also said he didn't care about anyones opinions other than people filling his pockets with $$. Way to rake in new business.