News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wow... Govier is a brave soul on moparts....

Started by hemi68charger, February 06, 2012, 02:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Man what a waste of 2 hours of my life. What was I thinking reading the whole thread. Bottom line is people are upset and nothing was resolved. Oh well I will go on about my day now.
Funny thing is that even as young as I am, I knew people who could decode a fender tag and broadcast sheet years before Galen ever came along. Personally having only talked to him a few times do not have scoop to share.

A383Wing

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 08, 2012, 02:13:52 PM
Ponch you need to bring out the bacon next.....   :popcrn:

Penguins & Bacon...those I can understand..the rest of this thread and the one on Moparts really confuzes me

Bryan

ACUDANUT

Who gave GG his Diploma that says he's the soul authority on Mopars ?

Aero426

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 08, 2012, 10:08:41 PM
Who gave GG his Diploma that says he's the soul authority on Mopars ?

Nobody (including him) ever said that he was.  But he was interested in getting involved in this stuff before most people. 

SFRT

I skimmed thru that moparts thread.

Glovier comes off as a stone cold dumbass. His whole trip seems scammy . I bet he talks like the dude in the Simpsons that owns thhe comic book store.

Does he have a car? is it awesome like mine? if not fuck him.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dkn1997

He just backed a tanker truck full of diesel up to the fertilizer plant and yanked the drain valve while smoking a cig.

That's a rough crowd over there.  If you aren't one of the cool kids, you have no chance.  As one of the uncoolest kids ever, I know, trust me.   if he had kept his mouth shut, most people would have chalked it up to February cabin fever.  Now he's ass deep in it and he's finding out what most pro athletes find out when they decide to take on the rank and file:  YOU CANT WIN. 

RECHRGED

68X426

Quote from: dkn1997 on February 09, 2012, 01:15:20 AM
  Now he's ass deep in it

You got that right.  :eek2:

Update: Moparts has been live all day, no explanation for the 9 hour shut down. The "Govier won't go away" thread has doubled to over 800 posts on 21 pages. GG has posted 8 more times (pretty much dropping 8 more bombs) and has told everyone that they suck. He repeated again that his mission is to clean up the toilet that is the hobby. And that he will keep posting on Moparts.

It's all boring now. No facts, just a two way hate contest, Galen vs. anyone and everyone. And yeah GG is in ass deep and can't possibly recover any credibility.  :Twocents:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

TUFCAT

Ghoste

hemi68charger

Quote from: TUFCAT on February 09, 2012, 08:01:11 AM
I'm doubtful this is really Galen Govier.

We'll see.. I sent him an email airing out my past grievences. As the good Lord teaches, "Forgive".... I have done that, but not forgotten... If Galen's going to join the masses, I might as well go to the source....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

TUFCAT

Unrealistic, sounds like schtick, the imposter is posting to much, and gut feel. Why would anybody deliberately try to ruin their reputation?  :scratchchin:  

Aero426

Quote from: TUFCAT on February 09, 2012, 08:01:11 AM
I'm doubtful this is really Galen Govier.

It is him.  Multiple sources confirmed it. 

Aero426

Quote from: SFRT on February 08, 2012, 11:54:15 PM

What a stupid thing to say.

elacruze

Quote from: SFRT on February 08, 2012, 11:54:15 PM
I skimmed thru that moparts thread.

Glovier comes off as a stone cold dumbass. His whole trip seems scammy . I bet he talks like the dude in the Simpsons that owns thhe comic book store.

:haha:

Right on!

The only thing that thread serves is to remind me how ignorant the MoParts board members are.
GG has issues, but 9/10ths of that thread are dumbasses name-calling when they have no clue about GG or relevant events, and surely don't own a car anyone would consider using GG for.

Now I'm going to go hose my shoes off.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Ghoste

Quote from: TUFCAT on February 09, 2012, 08:21:50 AM
Unrealistic, sounds like schtick, the imposter is posting to much, and gut feel. Why would anybody deliberately try to ruin their reputation?  :scratchchin:  

Having met him (and let me be clear, I can NOT claim to know him- knew him in a casual acquaintance fashion back in the early to mid 80's when he was begging us all for help with compiling this info and admittedly sharing it more freely back then) and spoken with him a number of times, I don't think he trying to ruin his reputation.  This is the way I have always felt he really thinks and in his mind he is upholding his reputation.  He may not be the one who came up with the "guru" bit (the auto mags did) but he sure bought into it.  He does see himself as the ultimate authority and toilet cleaning and policing are things he feels righteous about.

IN MY PERSONAL OPINION

DC_1

moparstuart

:drool5:
Quote from: A383Wing on February 08, 2012, 08:34:01 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on February 08, 2012, 02:13:52 PM
Ponch you need to bring out the bacon next.....   :popcrn:

Penguins & Bacon...those I can understand..the rest of this thread and the one on Moparts really confuzes me

Bryan

:drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

charger_fan_4ever

Was GG born and raised in the US ? From his posts it appears english may be his second language.....

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

moparstuart

Quote from: Magnumcharger on February 09, 2012, 12:22:49 PM
Is that Canadian bacon Stuart? Or ham?
REGULAR BACON SIR  

THIS IS CANADIAN BACON  , you should know your the canadian   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Back N Black

Quote from: moparstuart on February 09, 2012, 01:22:39 PM
Quote from: Magnumcharger on February 09, 2012, 12:22:49 PM
Is that Canadian bacon Stuart? Or ham?
REGULAR BACON SIR  

THIS IS CANADIAN BACON  , you should know your the canadian   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

This is Canadian Bacon!

gtx6970

Quote from: 69_500 on February 08, 2012, 08:19:55 PM
Man what a waste of 2 hours of my life. What was I thinking reading the whole thread. Bottom line is people are upset and nothing was resolved. Oh well I will go on about my day now.
Funny thing is that even as young as I am, I knew people who could decode a fender tag and broadcast sheet years before Galen ever came along. Personally having only talked to him a few times do not have scoop to share.

I've not read the entire thread ( and no desire to either) but Childish is being polite for the majority of the posts involved.

My only dealigs with GG was recomemding him to my brother togeta repop window sticker made a few years back.

My brother supplied everything down to the dealers name and ' correct ' address at the time the car was sold new

He used the same dealers new / current - relocated address instead. With no offer to correct it on his dime,,,,,,, My brother was pissed to say the least.

squeakfinder

He used the same dealers new / current - relocated address instead. With no offer to correct it on his dime,,,,,,, My brother was pissed to say the least.

[/quote]

Why would anybody do that?  :rotz:   Did GG think the address was wrong so he switched it to the current one not knowing any better?
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Dr V

I agree with most, I think that he slashed his own throat by showing up on moparts.   What amazes me is that there are atleast 5 separate fights that are going on between members in that thread.  And they are all about nonsense!!!   Jesus people, find something more constructive to do than to just bash each other.   2/3 of the posters have never even met him or used his services.  I do feel bad for those that have been burned  like Troy though, that type of business practice isnt cool at all.   :rotz:
This Damn Car Thing Is Getting Expensive!