News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wow... Govier is a brave soul on moparts....

Started by hemi68charger, February 06, 2012, 02:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: mopar_man on February 08, 2012, 01:38:24 PM
Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on February 08, 2012, 01:08:11 PM
Quote from: mopar_man on February 08, 2012, 12:48:39 PM
Well, i'm one of the fools who have read every post . What I don't understand is why all the people who were allegedly scammed by GG( I have no reason to believe they wern't) have taken some kind of legal action . A class action law suit should /could not be that hard to file .
as for the mecum auction scene  and I was not there, but according to a poster this Hemi cuda came up or was going up as the real deal with a 318 fender tag and vin plate. GG pointed it out to the buyer as the car having some issues and the buyer wanted his money back. I believ thats the jist of what  happened . I have no way of knowing if this is truth or here say .
There's no doubt about it that there are some quite irate Moparites over at moparts and they are not mincing their as to what they are calling GG .
:cheers:

Ahh I thought it had a bogus vin and tag stating it was a hemi built at a plant that didn't produce any hemis. Never would have thought in this day and age someone would try to pass off a car with 318 tags as the real deal on stage in a public auction. Wow

And that may very well be the issue ( about the plant) but there may have been that there were only 318  cars built at this plant . I'm sure Dana Mecum does not want to get a name for selling bogus cars if in fact that was the case. he's probably under extreme pressure with millions on the line , hence the blow up.

Just so i get it straight the VIN wasn't even "faked" with an R code ?

Ghoste

Aero426

Quote from: Ghoste on February 08, 2012, 01:42:20 PM
Mecum has offered bogus cars before (remember the Allison Daytona?) with his position being that if the consignor says it is fact then it isn't his job to make them a liar.   Nor does he feel he should succumb to the word of "experts" in the field.

Well said.

When pushed to the wall, the "out" for the auction house is, "Hey man, we're only a venue."

68X426

I too am one who read every post. By (dumb) luck I saw post #1 and was able to stay current with every page. It was like a car crash in slo-mo, gruesome but I couldn't take my eyes away from the explosions.

I will add some details:

* There are no facts about the Mecum episode, no video, no witnesses who have posted
* GG confirmed this much - GG had a scene with Dana Mecum at the auction, GG was asked to leave
* Several anonymous posters alleged that GG was in cohoots with an alleged fake seller
* The alleged fake car is a 70 Hemi Cuda, LA built according to the tag
* Numerous posters say impossible, no Hemis came out of LA in 70. GG outed the fake car, Mecum sent GG home. Absolutely no facts are available beyond that
* Nuclear bombs were dropped (anonymously) that either GG set up the Mecum scene to expose the car (and look like a god) or was actually in on the fruad and bailed
* Early on it was BulletBob (Robert in Missouri) who called GG a crook, pretty much slandering GG (or not, since no one knows the facts).

Catch your breath here.

* GG entered the forum, with trumpets announcing his glorious arrival, no kidding, it was quite the entrance. To say that GG needs a PR firm to handle his case is an under-statement
* GG called out BulletBob (who basically disappeared). GG says he doesn't know BulletBob and GG is in the right. BB hinted he knows GG very well and that GG is in the wrong (especially on this one but also on all his business)
* GG proceeded in 7 posts to say he was there to "clean the toilets" and "police the hobby" and generally sue everybody in sight
* More bombs went off over the next 400 to 450 posts
* The GG haters rushed in. There is a decade of hate piled up on GG
* GG says he will take legal action
* Then Moparts went dead during the early hours of Feb 8th.

There it is kids.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

68X426

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on February 08, 2012, 01:44:21 PM

Just so i get it straight the VIN wasn't even "faked" with an R code ?

The allegation is that the fender tag was faked. No one has said anything of the VIN. Not mentioned once.

No facts are known except to Dana Mecum, GG, and the seller. Several posters on the Moparts wildfire alleged they know the story but again no one posted facts or used their names. No video, no eyewitnesses.

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

hemi68charger

Quote from: 68X426 on February 08, 2012, 01:52:33 PM

There it is kids.

What?! He came back to announce litigation?  Man, I missed that one.... So, he's got 8 posts now?

Thanks Dad...    :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Mecum has offered bogus cars before (remember the Allison Daytona?) with his position being that if the consignor says it is fact then it isn't his job to make them a liar.   Nor does he feel he should succumb to the word of "experts" in the field.
In other words, is it Mecum who misrepresents the car or the consignor?  His role is just to bring buyers and sellers together.
Thats true but its his auction and his reputation that will be hurt if a ton of bogus stuff gets sold there , so he could go a little home work .   Just washing his hand of the whole deal will hurt him in the long run .   :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dans 68

...* Then Moparts went dead during the early hours of Feb 8th....

I guess the Justice Department got involved....  :laugh:

Probably just a coincidental temporary shutdown while site upgrades are being made....  :scratchchin:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

hemi68charger

Quote from: Dans 68 on February 08, 2012, 02:07:00 PM
...* Then Moparts went dead during the early hours of Feb 8th....

I guess the Justice Department got involved....  :laugh:

Probably just a coincidental temporary shutdown while site upgrades are being made....  :scratchchin:

Dan

It's a conspiracy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

Ponch you need to bring out the bacon next.....   :popcrn:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

Quote from: moparstuart on February 08, 2012, 02:04:47 PM
Mecum has offered bogus cars before (remember the Allison Daytona?) with his position being that if the consignor says it is fact then it isn't his job to make them a liar.   Nor does he feel he should succumb to the word of "experts" in the field.
In other words, is it Mecum who misrepresents the car or the consignor?  His role is just to bring buyers and sellers together.
Thats true but its his auction and his reputation that will be hurt if a ton of bogus stuff gets sold there , so he could go a little home work .   Just washing his hand of the whole deal will hurt him in the long run .   :Twocents:

Take it from an industry insider.  What I said.
He will make an effort to not put it in print and not say it on the block but if the word of mouth action is that a car is genuine, then its all fair.

bull

It's always amazed me the amount of effort and stress some people will put themselves through to avoid the relatively simple act of doing their job. If GG would just drop the ego, shut his mouth and do the things he says he will do, and do them in a timely manner, his work-related problems would all but disappear.

68X426

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 08, 2012, 02:04:28 PM

There it is kids.

What?! He came back to announce litigation?  Man, I missed that one.... So, he's got 8 posts now?

Thanks Dad...    :2thumbs:

Actually he finished with 13 posts. It is not a case of his coming back later with legal threats, he made those early in, maybe the first page.

He re-entered briefly by page 10 or so, calling out anyone with information to prove it and name names. Prove it meaning addressing the allegations that he makes fake tags as well as routinely participating in fraud. There was some back and forth with anonymous posters. Then the hate was just unloaded on him. Again, no facts about the episode in question, just hate from his past. There was a decent discussion on what constitutes an ethical repro fender tag but the hate mail overwhelmed a legitimate dialogue.

Dave Walden called GG out around page 14 or 15, with facts and names. I saw no response from GG. Then it ended on page 15 at about 3am Pacific Time.

Yes I have a life, I just happened to have a late night and checked Moparts for a laugh before turning in. I saw the last post at about 3am.

I have no idea why Moparts is still dead (9 hours later).

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Ghoste

It's back up now and the thread is still there for anyone who cares.

This is the only place currently for penguins though.

charger_fan_4ever

68X426

You deserve an award for summing up 15 pages of pooh into a paragraph. :2thumbs:
You would be one heck of a narrator. :cheers:

Ghoste

Its closer to 31.  (which makes you even better  ;) )

MoparManJim

TUFCAT

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on February 08, 2012, 02:49:32 PM
68X426

You deserve an award for summing up 15 pages of pooh into a paragraph. :2thumbs:

Great summary. One additional point (from what I've read) is the alledged fake 'Cuda never crossed the auction block.  Galen got Mecums attention before any bidders got involved and pulled the car. Needless to say it all went downhill from there.  I have respect for Galen doing this. :yesnod:

Emotions get very high at auctions.  Doesn't matter if its an art or antique auction. Anytime the word "fake" is spoken you can almost expect the gloves are coming off.  

68X426

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on February 08, 2012, 02:49:32 PM
68X426

Thanks. This whole thing is Shakespearian. (I know, big word, you all can manage it).

The site is back, the thread is there. Doesn't seem to be cleansed or censured.

Here is the car in question.  Again, no facts except several parties say it has a fake fender tag. The claim is that no cars from LA had a Hemi in 1970. This is alleged to be an LA-built 70 Hemi. GG outed it. Maybe. Mecum objected. Motives are questioned all around. Hate is flying about GG's business practices. Nobody can say what happened at the auction. The car did not make it to either a bid or sell. No one has posted the tag or the VIN.

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=FL0112-121688

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

bull

Quote from: MoparManJim on February 08, 2012, 03:00:44 PM
Quote from: bull on February 06, 2012, 04:31:08 PM
Brave often = stupid.

Brave Often = Guts   :2thumbs:

Not "stupid" my friend. :lol:

If you have any friends I respectfully ask that I not be listed among them. :2thumbs: Thank you, that is all.

TUFCAT

Here's another interesting point.

The consigner of the 'Cuda may have had big bucks invested not knowing the car was fake - especially if purchased during the boom market.  A lot of really good fakes were being passed as "real" by unscupulous sellers making fortunes laughing all the way to the bank.

The consigner probably told Mecum it was an original Hemi car...as it was then thought to be...until the giant (expensive) bubble popped.

Eventually somebody was going to get burned financially on this car without Galen (or someone else) stepping in.

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TheGhost

Quote from: DAY CLONA on February 08, 2012, 12:05:56 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on February 08, 2012, 09:59:32 AM
Seems like Moparts just went down.  :shruggy:

That's probably because Dave Walden just handed Galen his hat.....

Looks like they banned him for it, too...
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

MoparManJim

Quote from: bull on February 08, 2012, 03:14:08 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on February 08, 2012, 03:00:44 PM
Quote from: bull on February 06, 2012, 04:31:08 PM
Brave often = stupid.

Brave Often = Guts   :2thumbs:

Not "stupid" my friend. :lol:

If you have any friends I respectfully ask that I not be listed among them. :2thumbs: Thank you, that is all.

Yea Bull, what ever... dude..  :2thumbs:  

PS I do have friends... even on this site.. sorry about your luck about me not having friends. Thank you, that is all also.  :cheers:

AKcharger

I too am one who read every post. By (dumb) luck I saw post #1 and was able to stay current with every page. It was like a car crash in slo-mo, gruesome but I couldn't take my eyes away from the explosions.

I will add some details:

* There are no facts about the Mecum episode, no video, no witnesses who have posted
* GG confirmed this much - GG had a scene with Dana Mecum at the auction, GG was asked to leave
* Several anonymous posters alleged that GG was in cohoots with an alleged fake seller
* The alleged fake car is a 70 Hemi Cuda, LA built according to the tag
* Numerous posters say impossible, no Hemis came out of LA in 70. GG outed the fake car, Mecum sent GG home. Absolutely no facts are available beyond that
* Nuclear bombs were dropped (anonymously) that either GG set up the Mecum scene to expose the car (and look like a god) or was actually in on the fruad and bailed
* Early on it was BulletBob (Robert in Missouri) who called GG a crook, pretty much slandering GG (or not, since no one knows the facts).

Catch your breath here.

* GG entered the forum, with trumpets announcing his glorious arrival, no kidding, it was quite the entrance. To say that GG needs a PR firm to handle his case is an under-statement
* GG called out BulletBob (who basically disappeared). GG says he doesn't know BulletBob and GG is in the right. BB hinted he knows GG very well and that GG is in the wrong (especially on this one but also on all his business)
* GG proceeded in 7 posts to say he was there to "clean the toilets" and "police the hobby" and generally sue everybody in sight
* More bombs went off over the next 400 to 450 posts
* The GG haters rushed in. There is a decade of hate piled up on GG

There it is kids.

Appreciate the summery!
:popcrn: