News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My AVS 4640S Restoration

Started by bobfist, February 11, 2012, 05:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobfist

My AVS 4640S Restoration
Mixed my own paint to get the look of golden cad
All new internal parts

www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

westcoastdodge

I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

resq302

WOW!  That turned out really nice.  How will the gold colored paint hold up if the gas should leak out and down the body of the carb?  I tried that once with the gold cad paint system that Eastwood has and came right off like you took lacquer thinner to it.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bobfist

Quote from: resq302 on February 11, 2012, 08:09:43 PM
WOW!  That turned out really nice.  How will the gold colored paint hold up if the gas should leak out and down the body of the carb?  I tried that once with the gold cad paint system that Eastwood has and came right off like you took lacquer thinner to it.

Hi!

Yes the paint won't come off with gas.
All our paints used on parts like this is tested and dropped in a bowl with gas and didn't come off.
www.bobfist.com
Sweden

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

oestermarken

Looking great :2thumbs:

Where did you get the new internal parts  :icon_smile_question:

/Brian
69 383 4bbl
White Hat Special
Light Bronze Metallic

bobfist

Parts came from Chicago Corvette Supply
www.bobfist.com
Sweden

71bee

Good job! I do this all the time. I love restoring these classic carbs. I always use engine clear coat enamel that resists fuel & other chemicals to cover that Eastwood cadmium paint. so far, my 6125S is holding up beautifully after 3 years of being restored: