News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New guy thought I would post some pics of my General Lee build!

Started by Indygenerallee, February 23, 2012, 08:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indygenerallee

I bought this 69 Charger about 1 year ago and have just started the sheetmetal replacement here within the last 2 months, car had sat about 25 years inside a garage, I have always been a Mopar guy (grandfather had a Dodge dealership from 1965-1991 so Mopar is in my blood) Always wanted a General Lee and finally found a good car that was complete to start with I paid $4500 for it, It was originally a spring special 318 car red paint, white interior, black vinyl top, I have a 440 at the machine shop that I will do a mild build on nothing crazy, I found a 8 3/4 rear out of a 70 Charger (had a 8 1/4 original) I plan on breaking out the sandblaster here in a couple weeks and blast the rear that way I can get it in epoxy so I can start sheetmetal assembly. I could go on all night! Here are the pics!

General Lee 5 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr
general lee 7 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr
General Lee6 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr
General Lee4 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr
100_0750 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr
100_0762 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr
100_0808 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr
100_0884 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr
100_0883 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

nvrbdn

wow, coming along nicely. you really dove into that one didnt you. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Charger4404spd

squeakfinder

Nice! Looks like you've got plenty of room to work in that building.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

billschroeder5842

Good work-thiswill really be something when you are through!
Texas Proud!

squeakfinder

And, you decided the heck with quarter skins and went with the full Amd's.  :2thumbs:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Indygenerallee

Thanks, Yeah I am a automotive tech by trade and do quite a bit of auto body work as well and I work daily in this building I run my Towing & Automotive service here, the shop is a 40x64 3 bay 12x12 doors lots of room to move around!!

Indygenerallee

Yes, I was originally just going to go with quarter skins but the rear filler panel was oil canned and I said I have went this far heck with it and it had some rot in the rear corners so I wanted to make sure I cut all that old pinchweld out and do it right!