News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

EUREKA!!! FIXED FUEL GAUGE

Started by C928BRAN, February 04, 2012, 07:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C928BRAN

Well i had read all the post, concerning a fuel gauge, that dosent work, and tried everything that i had read in the post, and spent most of the day doing it, and finally figured out what the problem was. all of my components checked out, but the gauge still would not move off of E . then i set down with it in my hand, and just looked at it, and saw that the float arm is attached the rheostat pin with a screw going through a collar to hold it in place. i bought this sending unit aftermarket, and i dont know if all of them are made this way, but heres what i did. i set the arm about halfway, and took a pair of needle nose pliers, and held the pin, and l loosened the little phillips head screw in the collar, and pulled the arm back down to the bottom, where it would be on empty, without letting the pin move, and retightend the screw, and put it back in the tank, and it went up to a quarter of a tank, and then i knew i was on the right track. i had put 10 gallons of gas in it, and being a 19 gallon tank, it should read about a half a tank. took me a couple of times, but is now reading at a half a tank, and didnt have to bend the float arm. the only problem with bending the float arm if you get it below the pickup screen, you will run out of gas before your gauge says empty. and doing the adjustment like i described, considering, that your sending unit is like mine, you dont have to bend anything. everything is working on the dash, and i am a happy camper. hope this information will help others fix there gas gauge problems.
P.S. just started my car today for the first time, and everthing is good, she is alive again, and gobbs of power :drive:

craig

Fred

That is good news.
Isn't it a good feeling when you manage to solve a problem.....................gives you a great sense of achievement.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

C928BRAN

Yeah, and it was such a simple fix, when i figured it out.