News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

drum to disc wheel, offset change?

Started by Tigger, March 13, 2012, 08:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigger

Does going from a drum set up to a disc set up change the offset for wheels, just curious.

Ghoste

It can, you have to ensure that you clear the calipers.

Rolling_Thunder

Not really - I went with the SSBC rear discs from drums - It moves the wheels out like 1/8" ---  not enough to really notice
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Ghoste

Try mounting any old wheel up against a set of the factory 69 four piston calipers. ;)
Granted it's the backspace (and diameter, space in general back there I guess) you have to watch for but one can influence the other.

A383Wing

The "offset" of the wheel will always be the same...it's the clearance that may change if you go from drum to disc.

Bryan

Ghoste

I am reading it to mean, will need wheels that have a different offset.  Of course the physical dimension of the original wheel itself won't change because of a change in the style of brake but how those dimensions interact with the clearance is affected.