News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat tracks are gloss black?

Started by bull, February 03, 2012, 04:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Assuming the tracks in my 68 weren't messed with unti now, they were originally gloss black. Is that the color/shade they all were or did it depend on the interior/carpet color?

bull

Since this thread is so crazy popular and wrought with controversy I called a restoration guy to get an expert opinion. He said they should be semigloss black, such as SEM Trim Black or similar. Same as the dash frame, front and side window trim, and various other trim pieces throughout the interior.

maxwellwedge

Yeah Bull - They were all over the place - from fairly glossy black to semi-gloss. 10-33 to even 40% flat. I wouldn't put them near the same as a dash - which was a suede finish and a lot different.

Ghoste

Quote from: bull on February 03, 2012, 04:04:30 PM
Since this thread is so crazy popular and wrought with controversy I called a restoration guy to get an expert opinion. He said they should be semigloss black, such as SEM Trim Black or similar. Same as the dash frame, front and side window trim, and various other trim pieces throughout the interior.

Feeling impatient today buddy?

Rolling_Thunder

my seat brackets were pretty glossy -
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Back N Black

I used semi-gloss, looks close to original. :Twocents:

nvrbdn

it was only 12 hrs  :smilielol: mine are glossy black to
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bull

Quote from: Back N Black on February 03, 2012, 06:29:53 PM
I used semi-gloss, looks close to original. :Twocents:

Where'd you get that mounting hardware?

Quote from: nvrbdn on February 03, 2012, 07:11:07 PM
it was only 12 hrs  :smilielol: mine are glossy black to

Quote from: Ghoste on February 03, 2012, 04:24:05 PM

Feeling impatient today buddy?

Yup. Trying to get some stuff done lately because I've got some interior help coming from the Smith Bros. They've got all my seat frames and upolstery so I've got to get the front tracks ready to go. I also need to get the firewall prepped, rebuild the clutch/brake pedal assembly, install the dash frame and steering column before they can install the wiring. Then they're going to do the headliner so all the stuff related to that needs to be ready to go including insulating the inside roof, prepping the windshield and back window and getting all the new trim clips and inner rear window trim as well as polishing the outer trim. I've been spending cash like the US govt. lately.

Ghoste

It's about damned time, you been sitting on this thing for what, 13 years now? :nana: ;)

Charger-Bodie

If you use a gloss spray bomb like Rus-Oleum It will die out to about the perfect gloss level.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on February 03, 2012, 07:45:09 PM
It's about damned time, you been sitting on this thing for what, 13 years now? :nana: ;)

Heh, yea, it feels like 13 but it's been a little more than half that.

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on February 03, 2012, 07:50:14 PM
If you use a gloss spray bomb like Rus-Oleum It will die out to about the perfect gloss level.

:2thumbs:

bull

bill440rt

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on February 03, 2012, 07:50:14 PM

x2  :yesnod:

I always thought the seat tracks were on the gloss side as well. Most gloss spray bomb paints will duplicate a factory gloss level fairly well.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Dans 68

What I show on my restoration spreadsheet is 30 Deg Gloss Black (I've been working all day  :rofl: ) (and didn't I send you a copy?  :scratchchin:)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

bull

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259