News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oh Christ, not again with the gas prices

Started by TruckDriver, January 23, 2006, 10:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I just heard on the news, that gas prices are going to jump between .60 & .70 cents a gallon before April. They didn't say why though. :flame: :flame: :flame: Anyone else heard why this time other then greed :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Lowprofile

I hear Iran is causing problems because Israel threatened them with attack if they continue with their Nuclear weapons development. Also, the threat of the US & the European Union going to the UN Security Council to press for scantions against them pissed them off also. They [Iran] has threatened to cut off the west to their oil, thus causing a disruption in the market & supply chain. You all know what happens then....... :rotz:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Troy

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on January 23, 2006, 10:47:12 PM
I just heard on the news, that gas prices are going to jump between .60 & .70 cents a gallon before April. They didn't say why though. :flame: :flame: :flame: Anyone else heard why this time other then greed :P
Uh... it's called Iran. I think Lowprofile covered the general background info. I'm amazed the news forgot to mention that part. Shows you where the priorities are I guess.

Quote from: Silver R/T on January 23, 2006, 11:27:08 PM
basically no reason other than greed IMO
That is dumb.

Quote from: Silver R/T on January 23, 2006, 11:28:47 PM
ya theyre collecting funds for next war
That is dumber. Seems like a movie I saw once...  :eyes:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

RD

Quote from: Lowprofile on January 23, 2006, 11:25:04 PM
You all know what happens then....... :rotz:

yeah, the U.S. claims they are harboring weapons of mass destruction and fail to comply with UN regulations so of course, we must invade and democratize that heathen based country and emplace our western views of government onto a completely different culture just because they are in contradiction to the United States' national interests.  But then again, I could be wrong.  I have never seen the U.S. do that so far to another country. :D :D 

the above statement is purely the opinion of the poster.  in no way shape or form does it claim to be the opinion of dodgecharger.com, its founder/owner, its members, or the views of the chargers that pictured in certain threads.  if you have any questions regarding the above thread, please contact your local congressman to allow Pres. Bush to do a wiretap on the posters phone, internet connection, cellphone and postal mail.  Then and only then will justice take place.  thank you and I will see you in guantanamo.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TK73

Quote from: RD on January 23, 2006, 11:59:09 PM
Quote from: Lowprofile on January 23, 2006, 11:25:04 PM
You all know what happens then....... :rotz:

yeah, the U.S. claims they are harboring weapons of mass destruction and fail to comply with UN regulations so of course, we must invade and democratize that heathen based country and emplace our western views of government onto a completely different culture just because they are in contradiction to the United States' national interests.  But then again, I could be wrong.  I have never seen the U.S. do that so far to another country. :D :D 

the above statement is purely the opinion of the poster.  in no way shape or form does it claim to be the opinion of dodgecharger.com, its founder/owner, its members, or the views of the chargers that pictured in certain threads.  if you have any questions regarding the above thread, please contact your local congressman to allow Pres. Bush to do a wiretap on the posters phone, internet connection, cellphone and postal mail.  Then and only then will justice take place.  thank you and I will see you in guantanamo.

:lol:  you damm funnnnnny...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

71bee

but oh so true!! excellent post my man, EXCELLENT POST! :iagree:  :2thumbs:

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Telvis

myk

We should invade them.  If we controlled their lands, we wouldn't have to worry about them affecting gas prices, building nukes, or anything else for that matter.  America is a superpower-it needs to start acting like one instead of trying to be everyone's friend... :icon_smile_blackeye:

myk

NHCharger

The catch phrase for all this is "geo-political tensions".
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

hemihead

Let the whining from the Liberals begin!   :icon_smile_blackeye:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

1970440RT

After taking all the heat for acting on Iraq, I think the U.S. should just sit this one out.  We should announce to the world that we will do nothing about Iran and watch Europe crap their pants.  

Europe should try diplomacy with a guy that believes in the extermination of the Jews.  Oh, wait a minute, Europe tried that once.  "Peace in our time " Maybe they can find Neville Chamberlain's grandson to do the negotiating.    

Gas prices will go up a lot higher though because of the Iran situation and setbacks in internal drilling and refining, so make sure you guys sock some money away for the premium Charger and daily driver gas.  Or lease an electric car from Toyota or GM.  Whoops, can't do that either, because they recalled all the electric vehicles and destroyed them. ( those of you with an Mopar Collectors Guide know )  Of course it was probably Bush that ordered that, can't have any competition with "Big Oil". ::).  

Oh and don't forget, Bush will be blamed for not acting soon enough on Iran, no matter what happens.  That by the way is already starting if you have been listening to Mr. Hillary Clinton's speeches lately

History has an uncanny way of repeating itself over and over and over.  Despite what the leftys/progressives/secularists or whatever label is trendy nowadays say to themselves to make them feel better about what they believe.

TK73

Quote from: myk on January 24, 2006, 03:19:13 AM
We should invade them.  If we controlled their lands, we wouldn't have to worry about them affecting gas prices, building nukes, or anything else for that matter.  America is a superpower-it needs to start acting like one instead of trying to be everyone's friend... :icon_smile_blackeye:

Where would you suggest we borrow an Army from to do this?
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

RD

Quote from: hemihead on January 24, 2006, 07:48:38 AM
Let the whining from the Liberals begin!   :icon_smile_blackeye:

it is funny how the conservatives call it whining, yet when they try to discuss political climate it is entirely savvy.  I guess that happens when you have horse-blinders on and your worldview consists of your TV and watching the O'Reilly Factor.  Afterall, if its on TV then by God it must be truth.

Let the whining from the simpletons..err oops... lemmings errr oops conservatives begin! :D  :P
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

hemihead

Quote from: 1970440RT on January 24, 2006, 08:03:34 AM
After taking all the heat for acting on Iraq, I think the U.S. should just sit this one out.  We should announce to the world that we will do nothing about Iran and watch Europe crap their pants. 

Europe should try diplomacy with a guy that believes in the extermination of the Jews.  Oh, wait a minute, Europe tried that once.  "Peace in our time " Maybe they can find Neville Chamberlain's grandson to do the negotiating.     

Gas prices will go up a lot higher though because of the Iran situation and setbacks in internal drilling and refining, so make sure you guys sock some money away for the premium Charger and daily driver gas.  Or lease an electric car from Toyota or GM.  Whoops, can't do that either, because they recalled all the electric vehicles and destroyed them. ( those of you with an Mopar Collectors Guide know )  Of course it was probably Bush that ordered that, can't have any competition with "Big Oil". ::)

Oh and don't forget, Bush will be blamed for not acting soon enough on Iran, no matter what happens.  That by the way is already starting if you have been listening to Mr. Hillary Clinton's speeches lately

History has an uncanny way of repeating itself over and over and over.  Despite what the leftys/progressives/secularists or whatever label is trendy nowadays say to themselves to make them feel better about what they believe.

I agree. We get kicked in the teeth everytime we do something.Even by our own citizens!I say let the world fend for themselves this time.If the Israeli's want to nuke Iran I say,hear no evil,see no evil,say no evil.Even FRANCE , of all countries,said they would nuke Iran!
Everyone , including people in this country take for granted what we have done and are doing for the world.I think it is time to return to an Isolation policy.Screw world trade, let them enjoy a world without the US market or money.
  Led Zeppelin

RD

Quote from: 1970440RT on January 24, 2006, 08:03:34 AM

Despite what the leftys/progressives/secularists or whatever label is trendy nowadays say to themselves to make them feel better about what they believe.

I do not think we say it to ourselves to make ourselves feel better, we mostly come across with this dissension because 1) its our constitutional right to question our government, its practices/policies, and policy makers (2) we exercise our right of dissension through the usage of the 1st amendment (though that is not truly distinguished by this board) and (3) we exercise our right of dissension through the democratic process known as voting.

I (for one, speaking only for myself) do not feel better when I say sarcastic comments like which is stated above.  I do not wish that I had to make a statement that is so obvious in regards to governmental blunders.  I wish my (our) government can do what is right all the time, but alas, I understand that this concept is utopian.  I do not feel better because of the things I say, I actually am reminded of how far this country has yet to go to achieve the idealistic priniciples for which this country was founded upon.  In some cases, we are no better now than we were in 1791 when the constitution was ratified.

You say it makes us feel better about ourselves, I say it makes us rethink of what this country is now, and where it should go.  It doesnt make me feel better, it scares the living hell out of me.

hemihead

Oh Btw, I guess we forgot about the late 70's and early 80's where Iran held US citizens for 444 days and the Marines that were killed in Lebannon.But the liberals are worried about Iraqi prisoners being tortured while our Soldiers are being car bombed everyday.
If our hands weren't being tied by the liberals, our  military could have done their job and it would have all been over already.
I guess the aging hippy protestors of the 60's have to protest this war to relive their youth.
  Led Zeppelin

RD

Quote from: hemihead on January 24, 2006, 09:13:08 AM
Oh Btw, I guess we forgot about the late 70's and early 80's where Iran held US citizens for 444 days and the Marines that were killed in Lebannon.

Oh, I remember the hostage crisis, and had a friend who was there in Lebanon when the bombing happened.  This is not about holding grudges for times past that cannot be undone.  Do not forget, but at the same time remember what the ultimate goal is, which is peace.  Yeah, we could hold these grudges and the anger that comes with them and fight to the death, but what purpose does that serve?  vengence? redemption? REVENGE?  All those concepts are digressive not progressive in nature.

The key topic here is gas prices going up based upon certain countries thinking it necessary to IMPOSE their beliefs unto another country and expect said country to conform OR ELSE.  Who gives us that right? 

Is it somewhere in the Constitution that says "When the United States becomes the most powerful country in the world, we have the God given right to impose our beliefs and interests upon other countries without their acceptance."

It does not say that, because we as a sovereign country do not have that right.  All countries on this Earth are equal in sovereignty.  Who told the U.S. that they could not develop nuclear weapons or nuclear power in its infant stages?  No one.

The key principle here is that in order to be respected, we must respect others.  In order for countries to respect our sovereignty, we must respect theirs.  In order for countries to let us do what we need to do domestically, we must do the same for them.

Main Entry: sov·er·eign·ty
Variant(s): also sov·ran·ty  /-tE/
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -ties
Etymology: Middle English soverainte, from Middle French soveraineté, from Old French, from soverain
1 obsolete : supreme excellence or an example of it
2 a : supreme power especially over a body politic b : freedom from external control : AUTONOMY c : controlling influence
3 : one that is sovereign; especially : an autonomous state

After reading that definition, what gives us the right to try and redefine it?

QuoteBut the liberals are worried about Iraqi prisoners being tortured while our Soldiers are being car bombed everyday.

overgeneralization and stereotypical.  An individual can be concerned about many things at the same time that may bother them or upset them.  To say its a black or white thing is judgmental and presumptuous.

QuoteIf our hands weren't being tied by the liberals, our  military could have done their job and it would have all been over already.

blanket statement that has no merit and no possibility as being proved as true or false.  Nice avenue though, what is that game show called?  oh yeah, "the blame game".

QuoteI guess the aging hippy protestors of the 60's have to protest this war to relive their youth.

Labeling, stereotypical, and ignorant.  It must be so much better where you live when you can blame all others for the problems in society but not have to reflect on your own contributions.

To thine ownself be true.  If you have not done one thing to make this world a better place each day, then why are you here?

RD

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 24, 2006, 09:53:34 AM
:dancinglock:

Please?

come on, its just getting good.  no name calling has taken place, why not let this debate run its course.  when someone starts name calling and being belligerent, or distasteful, then by all means lock it, but lets not be afraid to express our opinions.  after all, they are truly the only things we can claim as to being our own.

Old Moparz

We should then just get longer oil well drill bits & tap into that huge puddle under all the sand & rock where the camels are & be done with all this arguing.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

HAZZARDJOHN

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 24, 2006, 09:53:34 AM
:dancinglock:

Please?

:iagree: :2thumbs:

This is a divisive topic. I am a conservative and I believe in taking a stance. I wish we had a president with the balls to tell it like it is, but he is always running for office for some reason. He doesn't realize that this country needs a man that will defend what he believes is right. He thinks it will be golden if he makes friends with liberals and the press, but what he doesn't realize is they are never going to like him regardless of what he does. They rake him over the coals for not doing something before 9-11 (yet ignoring the fact that Clinton di this also, because they believed we could stop it in time without panicking the public. Mistakes were made all around) Then they throw him under the bus for enforcing the U.N. rules against Iraq. We need to fight this war and we need to REALLY fight this war, not back down not do what is politically correct. These people don't want to be friends with us they want us Dead! I am sick of the pansies in washington playing russian roulette with this countries future, just so they look good in the press. That being said I hope this gets locked before this goes way down the path of Name calling and childish remarks towards anothers political views. I have mine and you have yours, and I respect that. I think your wrong but I respect that. ;)

~HJ
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."