News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

water valve

Started by C928BRAN, February 21, 2012, 08:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C928BRAN

there is a water valve inside of my a/c box, that is leaking. how hard is it to remove this valve, and what is the purpose of this valve?

thanks, craig

nvrbdn

sounds like mabey your heater core is leaking.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

doctor4766

I think I know the valve you're referring to. Mine leaked at one point too.
I think it bypasses the second half of the heater core to adjust the heat available.
It would take removing the whole heater box to get at it.
Gotta love a '69

C928BRAN

Thats what i was afraid of. i dont know why it needs it, if you have the heater control valve on the firewall. i am going to try to atempt to remove it, i wish i had tried to fix it when i had it out, but owell. you never think about these things sometimes.

craig

gtx6970

There is a bypass valve on the core. And yes they are avail.
Complete removal and teardwon of the a/c - heater box is required to change it

FYI, have the core ck'd while it's apart just in case

Chatt69chgr

I believe they cost about $70 from Old Aire Systems.

billschroeder5842

Yes, you will have to take apart the whole A/C box. I did mine a couple of years ago- It is not a hard job but a long one and a pain: remove your center console, seat (It really makes it so much easier). It took me about 2 weeks of working on it a couple of hours every other day. As long as you are "in there" you might as well replace everything you can; you really only want to repair this once.
Texas Proud!