News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which exhaust kit to buy for my Charger?

Started by sixpack_sid, January 31, 2012, 09:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack_sid

I've been looking at exhaust kits on Summit. I'm considering the Summit Racing SUM-680141 but I love the sound of the Flowmaster 50 series. Is anyone familiar with the Summit exhaust sound? I spoke with the sales rep and he told me it's comparable to the Flowmaster, but I need your feedback please! Help me decide!
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

404NOTFOUND

My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

FLG

Hands down, TTI exhaust with dynomax ultra flows....sounds like heaven

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkwtlBhWDc4

Does not do it justice, forum member out near me on long island has em...been in his car and it sounds amazing.

Back N Black

Quote from: FLG on February 01, 2012, 02:01:27 AM

Does not do it justice, forum member out near me on long island has em...been in his car and it sounds amazing.

+ 1  :2thumbs:

MoparMotel

on my 383 '68 I had Dynomax Super Turbo's and had them swapped out for Flowmaster Original 40's about a year ago. They sound great outside but are very loud inside the car. Between 1500-1800rpm they will almost give you a headache but before 1500 or after 2000 they sound great.

1968 Dodge Charger

strokie

Quote from: FLG on February 01, 2012, 02:01:27 AM

+2  :yesnod:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Inked_Ghandi

Maybe it's because I am young and dumb still, but when I had my '72 GTO(lemans) I just went from the headers with three inch straight pipe with the flowmaster series 10 on each pipe.
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."

USAF AMMO

sixpack_sid

Thanks for all the replies and opinions! I decided on the  Summit exhaust system. I wanted something with a nice rumble, but not too much reverberation inside the car. It just came today! I can't wait to install it, but I'm worried it's not going to fit cause the pipes are 3" diameter all the way to the tail!
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

c00nhunterjoe

Don't worry, it will fit. I have 3 inch summit pipes on my car. No issues.

GPULLER

That's good to know that they fit, I need exhaust for my car.  Looks like a 3" kit without mufflers is what I'd get.  Already have Flowmasters. Take lots of pics during install.

c00nhunterjoe

I have a thread on here of my install. I used the summit 3 inch kit without mufflers. I used flowmaster 50 series suv mufflers. The mufflers fit perfect. The collecter connection had to be modified to mate up to my heddman headers. It was as simple as cutting the pipe and rewelding it at the correct angle. The exhaust pipes fit nice as snug against the floorboards.

elacruze

I hope yours goes better than mine did. I bought the Summit 3" kit, and gave it away to the muffler shop in trade for adapting the TTI kit to my Hooker headers. The fit was so bad with the Summit I couldn't make it work at all; maybe they boxed pipes for a different car, dunno. Disappointed.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

c00nhunterjoe

Really? Mine was a perfect fit. There had to be wrong pipes for some reason.

c00nhunterjoe