News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wheeler Dealers

Started by Hemidog, January 31, 2012, 02:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

Quote from: Back N Black on February 02, 2012, 07:41:29 PM
Loved the show, did you see the quarter mile times? first run 18 +,second run 17+. They were excited with the speed!  :shruggy:
Yep they are some  :hah: No driven Ivans  :slap:  :rofl:  :smilielol: ... Should have been in the 14's or 15's at near 100mph, they had to be babying it...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Darkman

Oh they most definitely were.

You have to remember, these guys are from the UK and 7.2L is the volume of the entire car they usually drive let alone the engine displacement  :icon_smile_big:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Paul G

Any one see the episode where they did a Frogeye Sprite? Something just doesn't make sense to me. Ed had the front suspension apart for a brake conversion, pulled the engine and trans for a color change repaint, but didn't bother to clean off any of the grime and crud on the drivetrain or suspension. Just doesn't make sense to spend that much effort on a build and not clean things up before they go back together. Great looking car till you open the hood and see that gloppy lump sitting in there. I wonder if that is the norm over there?
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

surmanajaja

thanx for the link, downloaded and watched. i have watched earlier seasons where they played with e30 325 and 84-85 vette.. I enjoyed the episode, car looked real nice for the money..but the ending..come on, 18 seconds on the quarter with bb and 4-speed?? I did 16 flat in my STOCK 289 -2barrel automatic 3.00 peg-leg -rear stang...and that was depressigly slow to me.hell, my 65 99cid bug did 18 on the quarter....low 15s would be ok I guess..but 18 seconds..wow

Budnicks

Quote from: Paul G on February 07, 2012, 07:29:21 PM
Any one see the episode where they did a Frogeye Sprite? Something just doesn't make sense to me. Ed had the front suspension apart for a brake conversion, pulled the engine and trans for a color change repaint, but didn't bother to clean off any of the grime and crud on the drivetrain or suspension. Just doesn't make sense to spend that much effort on a build and not clean things up before they go back together. Great looking car till you open the hood and see that gloppy lump sitting in there. I wonder if that is the norm over there?
"Yep" ,  :hah: I've noticed the same thing, I've seen the same thing on many episodes now, they don't clean the grime off of anything, unless they do it after they are done withe the mechanical stuff, or maybe even before they sell them or something not shown on camera...

moparstuart

Quote from: Budnicks on February 08, 2012, 03:03:55 PM
Quote from: Paul G on February 07, 2012, 07:29:21 PM
"Yep" ,  :hah: I've noticed the same thing, I've seen the same thing on many episodes now, they don't clean the grime off of anything, unless they do it after they are done withe the mechanical stuff, or maybe even before they sell them or something not shown on camera...
I know at least steam clean the motors , but no they dont even do that  .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Budnicks

I glad to see, I'm not the only person it bugged,  :hah: to see some remove a part, then re-install the same dirty part or a new or different part & not even clean, let alone repaint them... Maybe parts are like teeth over there, they just don't care to clean them... Sorry I had to do that...

Paul G

Quote from: Budnicks on February 08, 2012, 04:09:04 PM
I glad to see, I'm not the only person it bugged,  :hah: to see some remove a part, then re-install the same dirty part or a new or different part & not even clean, let alone repaint them... Maybe parts are like teeth over there, they just don't care to clean them... Sorry I had to do that...

:hah:  :hah: Maybe it is something like that.

As for the dismal quarter mile times, they must not be familier with an American 4 speed and granny shifted all the way down the track.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.

Budnicks

I was kind of thinking that England/UK is a pretty liberal country, lots of silly, stupid & over the top automotive type laws, maybe they have some type of laws that prohibit the washing or steam cleaning of parts or some EPA type govt. related, over the top rules, that makes it cost prohibitive to have a parts washer or steam cleaner, with out some over the top equipment &/or costs, or have to have an oil separator, like they make automotive dealership use, if your a business setting or something... Just a thought...

Inked_Ghandi

I've seen that show a few times. Not a big fan. I like the DIY aspect of it but other than that i just felt like i was wasting my time sitting in front of the tv.
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."

USAF AMMO

BigBlockSam

great show , Ed's the man . good mechanic too and i love the way he talks  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Ponch ®

It's the little things that are worth paying attention to. I'm thinking of the Delorean episode. The rear louver was broken in one corner...so Ed showed an (almost) step by step on how to fix it with fiberglass.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 10, 2012, 01:30:41 PM
It's the little things that are worth paying attention to. I'm thinking of the Delorean episode. The rear louver was broken in one corner...so Ed showed an (almost) step by step on how to fix it with fiberglass.
:smilielol:   he didnt fix it , he got it sorted 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ponch ®

Quote from: moparstuart on February 10, 2012, 04:29:37 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on February 10, 2012, 01:30:41 PM
:smilielol:   he didnt fix it , he got it sorted 

you mean he "goh et so-ehd"
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Budnicks on February 08, 2012, 05:17:27 PM
I was kind of thinking that England/UK is a pretty liberal country, lots of silly, stupid & over the top automotive type laws, maybe they have some type of laws that prohibit the washing or steam cleaning of parts or some EPA type govt. related, over the top rules, that makes it cost prohibitive to have a parts washer or steam cleaner, with out some over the top equipment &/or costs, or have to have an oil separator, like they make automotive dealership use, if your a business setting or something... Just a thought...
You could be describing australia. we aren't even allowed to drive Left-hand-drive cars, unless they are 30 years old AND on a special restricted club registration (plate). i remember an episode of American Hot Rod where they had to mod the lights on an El Camino so he could take it to his home country. it had all sorts of odd light configurations. we're like that.

I think Ed steam cleaned the engine on the Mini, but i could be mistaken.

Domino

Quote from: Dino on February 03, 2012, 07:39:11 AM
I noticed the car didn't have upper door pads.  Does this mean it's a base model?  Not too familiar with the '70 specs.  

Yeah, it looked like the base model below the 500(middle of the line) with no door pads and no tailpanel trim + carry over of the 69 taillights with trim.  I like the base model look on a black '70 only (well, a very dark color might be OK too), cause with any other light/bright color the tailpanel being 100% car color looks a bit off.

Cool car, bare bones 383 4speed pistol, no console or other fancy stuff.

Dino

Quote from: Domino on March 13, 2012, 02:17:26 PM
Quote from: Dino on February 03, 2012, 07:39:11 AM
I noticed the car didn't have upper door pads.  Does this mean it's a base model?  Not too familiar with the '70 specs.  

Yeah, it looked like the base model below the 500(middle of the line) with no door pads and no tailpanel trim + carry over of the 69 taillights with trim.  I like the base model look on a black '70 only (well, a very dark color might be OK too), cause with any other light/bright color the tailpanel being 100% car color looks a bit off.

Cool car, bare bones 383 4speed pistol, no console or other fancy stuff.

Cool, thanks for clearing that up.  :2thumbs:
I agree the tailpanel would look weird in a lighter color.  It sure was a nice ride, I love the stance it had before Edd put the stock spring brackets on. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Magnumcharger

I thought it strange when the guy was removing the front disc brakes, he stated that we wasn't happy because this meant he had to bleed the brakes afterwards...
Which means he disconnected the brake line. Why? The caliper can easily be lifted off the rotor and moved aside.

A weird way to do things! :scratchchin:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Paul G

And they drive on the wrong side of the road too.

FastbackJon

Neat episode. Funny hearing a british guy saying "put the hamma down". Also thought those guys leaned on and touched the cars too much. You don't just walk in a guys garage, lift the hood of a vehicle, put your hand right on the top of both chrome air cleaners and then shut the hood and walk off.

It didn't look like he packed the wheel bearings either, just spread some grease on the outside.

And if he wanted to get 20,000 pounds for it, why did he list it for that? Shouldn't he know better?
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

FastbackJon

He could have gotten the headlight motor, ps pump and stock shackles all new, why even bother with 40-year old junkyard parts?

The junkyard owner wanted $35 each for used stock shackles when you can get new ones at NAPA for about $30 with all new bushings.

But I guess you wouldn't be "wheelin-dealin" if you bought all your replacement parts new.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

FastbackJon

Quote from: Back N Black on February 02, 2012, 07:41:29 PM
Loved the show, did you see the quarter mile times? first run 18 +,second run 17+. They were excited with the speed!  :shruggy:

When I took my stock '66 318 2bbl automatic Charger with 2.92 gears to the track, and just left it in drive, it ran just over 18 seconds in the 1/4.

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Paul G on March 13, 2012, 08:34:13 PM
And they drive on the wrong side of the road too.
no, we drive on the RIGHT, you drive on the WRONG :nana:

BananaDan

Anyone watch the Land Rover episode tonight?  I really liked the gunmetal grey color they sprayed it, it would look good on a resto-mod Charger IMO.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Budnicks

Quote from: BananaDan on March 21, 2012, 08:50:52 PM
Anyone watch the Land Rover episode tonight?  I really liked the gunmetal grey color they sprayed it, it would look good on a resto-mod Charger IMO.
Yes that darker grey color was great, the bight silver pieces on the grill & light surrounds & the black powder coated aluminum plate stuff helped set it off... I looked way better... IMHO That would be a great color on a Charger...