News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

..................kb 184 piston..........

Started by oldkimmer, January 30, 2012, 05:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldkimmer

.......Anybody use these in their 440 build?.......I've had the pistons for a few years and would like to use them.........67 block, crank and rods...any pics of them in the block?.........I have 906 and 452 heads....528 mechanical cam.......or a few hyd cams..........adjustable rockers and pushrods....thanks........kim......
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FLG

If i remember those are hypereutectic right?

Nothing wrong with em but you need to make sure there's correct sidewall clarence and the rings are set up correctly and they will last for years but if there not clearenced right they will fail. There not as strong as a forged set but are fine for a warmed over build.

terrible one

Agreed, the KB's need a lot of ring gap due to expansion, the specs are on their site.

oldkimmer

..........Anybody else have input on these......thanks........kim........
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BSB67

If you are trying to achieve a specific and consistant quench, the reverse dome pistons usually take a little effort to set up.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

charger_fan_4ever

Ran 11.50's at 117Mph 7000rpm in a SBF with KB hypers. As long as the machine shop goes by the KB spec for clearance you should be ok. As stated they need a big ring gap, if i recall I had a .026 gap.

As long as the tune isn't lean and timing advance isn't crazy pretty tough to break them in N/A form.