News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vinyl / leather interior

Started by Dino, January 30, 2012, 08:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Can someone post a pic or two of regular seat covers vs leather insert SE covers for a 69 charger?  Black and saddle would be great!  Especially saddle.

Also, does anyone have a picture of the leather style rear bench covers?  I'm not sure what to expect.  Funny enough the price is the same as the regular covers.

I am prepared to spend a grand on the saddle bucket covers but I would like the rear bench to match or it may look a bit weird.

The bucket foam is over $200 for a pair, is this a must to get or has anyone bought foam elsewhere?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

Seat foam made a huge difference when I redid mine.  Likely depends on how badly shot they are in the first place though.

Dino

Oh mine are totally shot.  Passenger side is decent but driver's side is just about gone.  I'll have to get them, just found it a bit expensive but I'm sure it's well worth it once installed.

Brock Lee

I will tell you what made my foams come back to life, new burlap over the springs. The old ones fall apart and allow the foam to press n between the springs and crush down. I ran new burlap in 2 layers, going against each others grain and put the old foam back in. It was like brand new and has been ever since (8 years now).

Dino

Quote from: Brock Lee on January 30, 2012, 09:19:00 PM
I will tell you what made my foams come back to life, new burlap over the springs. The old ones fall apart and allow the foam to press n between the springs and crush down. I ran new burlap in 2 layers, going against each others grain and put the old foam back in. It was like brand new and has been ever since (8 years now).

Excellent!  Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to do that.