News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What if a coil peg

Started by MoparManJim, January 30, 2012, 06:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

Okay, after looking at my coil closer an I went to try to see if I had a plaus on the neg term. As I went to unscrew the wires I discovered that the peg nut wouldn't loosen up to well but yet did turn the whole screw peg though around in which the circmace shell of the top of the coil around the neg post broke off an the neg post keeps on turning when trying to get the nut off of it (No not me either!  :lol:) . I think it's safe to say this would make the coil not work correct?

John_Kunkel

A spinning post might or might not ruin a coil, check the continuity through both posts...if none the coil is shot.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

MoparManJim

Okay, I got the coil off the engine an out of the car. Looking at it closer up.. an checking out the neg peg, I found out I can also pull it up afew mm's from the top of the coil top from where it pose to be at really an then it stops. It also turns all the way around too. I had to use a needle pair plyers to hold the base of the peg while I took the curench wrench an got the nut off the peg.

FLG

A383Wing