News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FYI for diecast fans: CRAZY LARRY'S CHARGER officially being released in 1:18

Started by jwramc, January 24, 2012, 05:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

jwramc

THIS IS NOT A PHOTO OF THE COMING AUTOWORLD DMCL CHARGER!!!

Okay, let's hope everyone read that line.  :icon_smile_big:

The attached photo was sent to me by a guy that, like me, collects and often creates his own TV & Film car diecasts.
He recently completed his own DMCL Charger conversion using an Autoworld Authentics Charger as his starting point.

Despite the few inaccuracies of his effort, I wanted to share the photo simply to show how stunning the proportions and detail level of these diecasts are, and how much potential a DMCL version has to steal all the attention away from everything else in the room.

Again: THIS IS NOT A PHOTO OF THE COMING AUTOWORLD DMCL CHARGER!!!
John

nvrbdn

hey is that the charger from dmcl you did? :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

man that guy did a nice job :2thumbs: it is absolutely stunning. cant wait to see the one you guys come up with.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

jwramc

Quote from: nvrbdn on February 07, 2012, 10:44:11 PM
hey is that the charger from dmcl you did? :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

:RantExplode:

Quoteman that guy did a nice job :2thumbs: it is absolutely stunning. cant wait to see the one you guys come up with.

Me, too!  :cheers:
John

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

kikgas01

Hey, it has vinyal top trim blah and the general lee don`t, I thought it was to much money and ummmm.... LMAO J/K. I can`t wait. (I did read the post and was just being sarcastic.) Now we need a "Forever Young" Charger... :D :nana:

jwramc

Quote from: kikgas01 on February 08, 2012, 04:58:26 PM
Hey, it has vinyal top trim blah and the general lee don`t, I thought it was to much money and ummmm.... LMAO J/K. I can`t wait. (I did read the post and was just being sarcastic.) Now we need a "Forever Young" Charger... :D :nana:

HAR dee HAR HAR!  :eek2:

You think nobody would build that Charger?? You've no idea how bad *I* have the disease!! In fact, just today I passed the storage closet and spotted this fairly-rare black & white police 'blank' from Ertl...

and thought..."Hmm.... Nobody is ever gonna do a '72 Polara sedan in 1:18 diecast....so the Monaco is as close as I'll ever get to a DMCL cop car. Looks like it wouldn't take much work...maybe 30minutes effort. Well, seven HOURS later, I was done.

Hey- I needed something to chase the Charger when it gets here! :2thumbs:

Changes included:
Swapped red for clear high breams
Swapped front doors (removed bottom tampo)
Painted tan interior to black
Detailed radios on floor
removed shotgun and bracket
Corrected headrests (always made backwards!)
Painted spotlight cup black
Painted steering wheel white
Reconfigured roof lights, removed siren horn and one rotating beacon

...and maybe one or two other things that escape me right now.
John

Ghoste

jwramc

John

Ghoste

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

kikgas01

jwramc

Quote from: Ghoste on February 08, 2012, 05:36:05 PM
Need the underhood detail too.  It shouldnt be hard but still. ;)

Nothing there that isn't stock. The only standout is the stock orange air cleaner atop a big pile o' hoses and such.
John

Ghoste

I know, it was more like an inside joke based on the one scene than anything.

jwramc

Mwaah-Hahahahaha! Grabbed a screen capture of the cop car that bumps sides with the '68 and caught it's clear (but woefully fake) license plate...then grabbed a few photos of California blue tags online, cut the needed numbers and symbol from them and put them all together to create the much more "proper" plate for my Monaco. Just have to print it out...SAH-WEEEET!
John

Fred

Quote from: jwramc on February 08, 2012, 05:23:31 PM
Quote from: kikgas01 on February 08, 2012, 04:58:26 PM

HAR dee HAR HAR!  :eek2:

You think nobody would build that Charger?? You've no idea how bad *I* have the disease!! In fact, just today I passed the storage closet and spotted this fairly-rare black & white police 'blank' from Ertl...

and thought..."Hmm.... Nobody is ever gonna do a '72 Polara sedan in 1:18 diecast....so the Monaco is as close as I'll ever get to a DMCL cop car. Looks like it wouldn't take much work...maybe 30minutes effort. Well, seven HOURS later, I was done.

Hey- I needed something to chase the Charger when it gets here! :2thumbs:

You need a Charger to catch a Charger  :smilielol: :smilielol: Not a cop car!!

jwramc

John

Fred

Quote from: jwramc on February 08, 2012, 10:54:19 PM
Quote from: Fred on February 08, 2012, 10:46:22 PMYou need a Charger to catch a Charger  :smilielol: :smilielol: Not a cop car!!

...or a very slow locomotive.  :nana:

:lol: :lol:
I mean catch it...............not incinerate it!

jwramc

To-MAY-to, to-MAH-to!  :rofl: No chance Larry was gonna end up a repeat offender!
John

fireguyfire

'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent

jwramc

Mild exaggeration, eh?  ::)

"Don't worry about it, Hank. Just do like you did with the other cruiser....ignore the rod knock and wait for the hood to come up. THAT'S when you find out what the 'top end' **WAS**."  :smilielol:
John

Fred