News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FYI for diecast fans: CRAZY LARRY'S CHARGER officially being released in 1:18

Started by jwramc, January 24, 2012, 05:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I don't think the locomotive caught the Charger, more like the Charger caught it.  Unfortunately like a dog chasing cars... :icon_smile_big:

fireguyfire

Any idea when they will decide if their going to go ahead with the car by the number of pre-orders they receive?
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent

jwramc

AW's decision to produce them is made. The only things I think that would cause a cancellation are the molds going bad, or a licensing issue with the film studio.

I'm counting on it happening.
John

Ghoste

Is the licence issue a big threat?  I ask because some years back I enquired of ERTL why they didn't do a DMCL Charger and the reply was a terse shot right at the film studio claiming they would love to but could not get the rights. :shruggy:

model maker

I wonder if I still owned the car if I would have been able to provide rights ?
MODEL MAKER

jwramc

Quote from: Ghoste on February 11, 2012, 11:52:57 AM
Is the licence issue a big threat?  I ask because some years back I enquired of ERTL why they didn't do a DMCL Charger and the reply was a terse shot right at the film studio claiming they would love to but could not get the rights. :shruggy:

Not really a threat at all...just mentioned it as one of the ways a project like this COULD be derailed. I haven't be privy to the legal details yet, and I've no reason to believe there's any problem at all. My assumption is that AW has dealt with such things previously and wouldn't have started the R&D effort before it had good reason to believe there'd be no issues. One good clue that it's all fine is that this item's part numbers is not the normal 'non-licensed' release like AW983, etc. It got AWSS### as in a Silver Screen series release...which is normally reserved for fully licensed movie and TV releases. I'm not worried, merely wary as always. :)

Meanwhile, I'm going to dust off my other pseudo-DMCL diecasts and start modding them to better match the film's cars...
John

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

jwramc

Thanks. The truck just got here today (HAD to slap the bumper sticker on immediately!). It needs a lot of tweaking to be correct, but I've got all year for that work. Things like:

Needs twin tail lights.
Needs different (flatter, black) bumper with hitch.
Plate relocates centered under tailgate.
Gloss red must be oxidized (I wonder if I put it on my house's roof all year, what it would look like come the fall.... :scratchchin:).
Needs rectangular trailer mirrors.
Cab corner windows must be filled/eliminated.
Spare gets removed.
Needs plain steel wheels, black.

,,,and I'm sure I'll find more.
John

Mopar Crazy

Great Posts, Here's one, not sure it's been asked.  Why did they switch a 68 for a 69 in some of the scenes????

Anyway Awesome movie, can't wait for the diecast...... :cheers:
Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

nvrbdn

Quote from: Mopar Crazy on February 11, 2012, 07:34:16 PM
Great Posts, Here's one, not sure it's been asked.  Why did they switch a 68 for a 69 in some of the scenes????

yes it was talked about. low budget movie. they gabbed the closest easiest cars near by and figured to put it in where it was less noticed with the fast action going on. now days we can stop action so we can pick apart the mistakes. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

jwramc

Quote from: nvrbdn on February 11, 2012, 07:44:18 PM
Quote from: Mopar Crazy on February 11, 2012, 07:34:16 PM

yes it was talked about. low budget movie. they gabbed the closest easiest cars near by and figured to put it in where it was less noticed with the fast action going on. now days we can stop action so we can pick apart the mistakes. :2thumbs:

:iamwithstupid: :punkrocka:
John

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

jwramc

Same one for the tire smoke....lcense plates, etc. Paint Shop Pro v5.1

Here are the files I created recently for the Charger, the cop car and Mary's pop-pop's pickup.
John

kikgas01

Fred

jwramc

Thanks. Anybody doing a model or diecast mod can feel free to use those graphics to print your own plates and sticker.

The plates were actuallt created by finding pictures of real plates online via a Google image search, choosing the bigger, most flat pics (meaning the camera took the shot straight out from the face so there's no angled distortion to correct)...

(Example: This one gave me the 3 and the A- http://classiclicenseplates.biz/store/media/232ash.jpg)

...then cutting specific characters from each, making them all the same size and pasting them onto a single plate imaige...then color-correcting any variances, smoothing any seams, etc.
John

Fred

aussiemuscle

Quote from: jwramc on February 12, 2012, 08:26:52 AM
Thanks. Anybody doing a model or diecast mod can feel free to use those graphics to print your own plates and sticker.
Thanks. Will do!
those plates are better than the ACME license plate maker, which i've used up till now.
http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/licensemaker.cgi?text=&state=Nevada&r=1590015294
what about the plates for the chevy?  :shruggy:

jwramc

Quote from: aussiemuscle on February 12, 2012, 10:55:40 PM
Quote from: jwramc on February 12, 2012, 08:26:52 AM
Thanks. Will do!
those plates are better than the ACME license plate maker, which i've used up till now.
http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/licensemaker.cgi?text=&state=Nevada&r=1590015294
what about the plates for the chevy?  :shruggy:

Yea, that ACME thing is pretty awful. In a pinch, you'll do better with http://www.licenseplates.tv (tho California and Texas have forced them to stop doing those ones- grr!)

I'll see if I can whip up the Impala plates this evening.
John

Khyron

Since they can't do CA plates anymore, where is a good place to get one made for my car?

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

BTW: I will not order one until I know for a fact it's not going to be "Yellow"

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

Quote from: Khyron on February 16, 2012, 02:59:29 PM
Since they can't do CA plates anymore, where is a good place to get one made for my car?

There is possibly a guy, I have asked here before but I lost the link.  It was Bell, the guy who "restored" Lee 1.

jwramc

*I* would suspect if you called the company up (likely a one or two motorhead operation) and asked who THEY could recommend to get you the plate you need, whether on the level or on the sly, were real open about being an owner and needing it for show use... with the right attitude and such, they'd likely be able to hook you up "back channel style". Obviously they don't want the states coming after them, so ya gotta tread just so to make it happen (the ol' wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

I had them do a 1971 Alabama plate for me a few years ago and it is amazing. I don't know of another seller I could recommend for similar quality.
John

Ghoste

What is the significance of that Alabama plate as an offside question?