News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi auto back in non hemi car (69)

Started by XS29LA47V21, January 20, 2012, 10:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29LA47V21

looking for thoughts, am I making a mistake putting a "hemi 727 auto" back in a non Hemi car?  At some value I should sell off, what are they really worth, had a friend say they might be worth as much as 2500-3500 as a core.  (if they are worth under 1500 I guess I just do not care and it is going back in the car)  Thanks for the input.

greenpigs

I thought the only difference was the torque converter, kickdown ratio & maybe some more bands.

The case is the same for all B\RB & 426 Hemi motors, unless I am wrong.
:shruggy:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

FLG

As Mrs.Piggy said, they were beefier but thats about it. I just checked ebay along with completed listings...one didnt even get a bid and it started at 1k. If the car that it came out of is still around, than it might be worth it to that person, in general its probably worth more than your standard 727 but i cant see 2-3k.

y3chargerrt

Does it have a vin stamped into it? It might be worth much more if the car is still around.

John_Kunkel

The Hemi 727 value is in the part number stamped in the pan rail, after 40+ years all of the Hemi stuff might be gone inside. I seriously doubt if a Hemi core would bring ridiculous money unless it could be linked to a specific VIN.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

oldkimmer

..........they are programmed differently.....have a wider band......5 front clutch drum.......etc.........a 440-6 tranny is pretty much the same as the hemi trans.....yes they are worth more, but we need to keep this hobby going...................kim..............
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: John_Kunkel on January 22, 2012, 06:16:17 PM

The Hemi 727 value is in the part number stamped in the pan rail, after 40+ years all of the Hemi stuff might be gone inside. I seriously doubt if a Hemi core would bring ridiculous money unless it could be linked to a specific VIN.

Thank you all, I guess that is what I was thinking and needed to hear, I chose to have a friend build an extra 69 b-body core I had with good stuff is it and will shelf the hami auto.  Thank you all.