News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is the coolest thing you have found in your charger

Started by KillerBee1972, January 10, 2012, 07:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillerBee1972

1964 Plymouth Fury "old 70s drag car"
1973 Dodge Charger SE B9 blue 440

64dartgt

Nothing too interesting in the Charger.  Found a crayon drawing done by my Cousin Heidi (45ish now) when she was about four under the back seat of my Great Aunts 1964 Dodge Dart (which is now mine).  That was cool.

70 Charger RT

I found three broadcast sheets.  One under the rear seat (not mine).  Another under the passenger bucket mixed in with a hornets nest (not mine). And then under the drivers seat was my build sheet in good condition.

I also found at least two dozen 22 bullets under the dash near the fuse box.  These were unspent bullets.  My older brother who bought the car new said they used to go hunting quite a bit and bullets wound fall down the defrost vents.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

Iceyone

Found the window sticker and owners manual in the glove box of a 70 SE I used to have. Also found the FM radio and the headlight motor in the trunk. Still have the radio and motor, but not the car.

Also found a hot blonde in the back seat of my 68 before.  ;)
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

xpbprox

1932 USSR and a Chevelle logo

I don't even know where it's at anymore, it's somewhere safe though
A couple other things but this was by far the coolest

Surf Charger

Quote from: 68X426 on January 12, 2012, 03:49:06 AM
Quote from: Surf Charger on January 12, 2012, 12:52:58 AM
Quote from: RiverRaider on January 11, 2012, 07:34:26 PM
I went under to put a chain on the rear axle and to my surprise it was a 4:10 Dana!  For me that was cool.

So what gives it away that its a 4:10 Dana? (sorry stupid question but I've never had to deal with the axle/diff)

A quick side note and then back to the real thread.  :popcrn:

Not stupid, excellent question. A Dana 60 is the king of the hill. The cat's meow. For the kids out there, it's dope. It doesn't get sweeter than finding a Dana underneath.

The unique 10 bolt pattern and angled corners immediately indicates Dana 60. See the chart. But there's no way to simply look at a Dana and know it's a 4.10. The poster is just assuming that was the ratio (it's a very common ratio).  :2thumbs:

Thank you so much for those pictures and that description. Very informative and helpful. I will pass those on.

ok, back to the thread!

cdr

1968 NICKEL UNDER PASS SEAT IN MY 68 CHARGER GOT THE CAR IN AUG 2011
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

rave_12000

ummmm. which one?  there have been so many chargers in my life.  i tell you what is most uncool-----mice.

reminds me of the time my sister bought a mustang from a dealer about 10 years ago.  took it home and found a handgun under the driver seat. my dad called up the dealer and asked what was up.  the dealer told them that he had to bring the gun back because it was not to be included with the sale of the car.  dad told them to get screwed and sold it for $300. it was a german rueger? true story. not a charger, but definitely interesting.

404NOTFOUND

Not a Charger but, I once bought a freshly retired police car and found a little baggie of weed in the trunk.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

BananaDan

:Twocents: 

Literally, during my interior restoration I found two pennies sitting in the dash frame. 
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

bill440rt

I found a smashed vintage cherry soda can smothered with bondo wedged between the right quarter panel & floor extension on my '69. Does that count??  :shruggy:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Stretch

Quote from: bill440rt on January 18, 2012, 09:00:54 AM
I found a smashed vintage cherry soda can smothered with bondo wedged between the right quarter panel & floor extension on my '69. Does that count??  :shruggy:

LOL Nice! I don't think I'd consider that too cool! Funny! But not cool!
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

klutch

I've been very lucky with my early build '73. I found these in the glovebox, under the back seat and under the carpet.

The papers in the upper right of the first picture are all the service reciepts from the life of the car. Same owner bought it new and had it all the way up until 2001, I bought it in 2002.
(Insert something clever here)

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

KillerBee1972

KillerBee1972

I just found a 1973 penny inside of my drivers side door of my 73 U code car. and a message under the vinyl roof saying "Do Vinyl"

spoolinhard

I found a copper 1943 penny in my challenger. I think that this is insanely rare as most of them where steel from the war drive. My grandma was nearby when I made the discovery so she got it.

RDR838

Coolest thing I found in the Charger was the ignition key light. Somebody didn't install it back when they had the dash apart but put it under the radio where it must have been from '87 till '06!

And this is an empty M&M's bag which I found in a spring in the rear seat of my '68 Coronet wagon parts car. It was extremely hard to get out which makes me think it was put inside the spring by the guy (or gal?) who put the seat together in the factory before he/she covered the metal frame with jute, foam and vinyl!

The bag now lives with what remains of the 2 builtsheets I found in my Driver Coronet wagon. I did find the dead mouse too which ate the rest of the builtsheet.

Surf Charger

Quote from: RDR838 on January 22, 2012, 06:56:04 PM
Coolest thing I found in the Charger was the ignition key light. Somebody didn't install it back when they had the dash apart but put it under the radio where it must have been from '87 till '06!

And this is an empty M&M's bag which I found in a spring in the rear seat of my '68 Coronet wagon parts car. It was extremely hard to get out which makes me think it was put inside the spring by the guy (or gal?) who put the seat together in the factory before he/she covered the metal frame with jute, foam and vinyl!

The bag now lives with what remains of the 2 builtsheets I found in my Driver Coronet wagon. I did find the dead mouse too which ate the rest of the builtsheet.

That is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. You should frame that.

RIDGERACER383

I found out about 5 years ago when I took my car for a test drive that there was a 5 foot long black snake living in my car.I rolled the windows up and went to shut the door and it didn't shut all the way looked at my door and here's this snake caught in the door.I opened it up and ran one way and the snake went the other.5 minutes after that I popped the hood and there was a corn snake on my wiring harness on my firewall.my car is a snake sanctuary in the summer.I hate snakes too.
1968 Dodge Charger 383 4bbl / 8.75 Rear 3.55

69rtse4spd

Found a .45 with a full clip under the drivers seat when I got the car home & was cleaning it out. Called the cops, they took it, still got the car. 

71wrenchhead

i found a couple handfulls of bullets, well, muzzleloader slugs, and a gold ring
Got slapped by my wife for keeping an engine in the bedroom........yeah, pretty much sums up my life

Fred

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on January 22, 2012, 11:06:44 PM
Found a .45 with a full clip under the drivers seat when I got the car home & was cleaning it out. Called the cops, they took it, still got the car. 

WOW!!! what a find. If it were up to me..........you'd win the prize for the coolest thing found.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

yellow68RT