News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Loudest smoke alarms made

Started by moparguy01, January 12, 2012, 01:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparguy01

I need to find the loudest, most obnoxious smoke detector made. See my sister in law lives with us, and she has taken up smoking in the garage. However, being family, cannot be thrown out unless I get a divorce first. :brickwall: So here is my next idea. Get the loudest most obnoxious damned smoke alarm made, and put it right over the door where she thinks she can smoke, just out of reach. :2thumbs: The loudest I found was 87 decibles. I think I can do better than that. Does anybody have any good ideas where to start looking?

moparstuart

Quote from: moparguy01 on January 12, 2012, 01:39:19 PM
I need to find the loudest, most obnoxious smoke detector made. See my sister in law lives with us, and she has taken up smoking in the garage. However, being family, cannot be thrown out unless I get a divorce first. :brickwall: So here is my next idea. Get the loudest most obnoxious damned smoke alarm made, and put it right over the door where she thinks she can smoke, just out of reach. :2thumbs: The loudest I found was 87 decibles. I think I can do better than that. Does anybody have any good ideas where to start looking?
i just bought one for my rental house and it talks to you very loudly and was pretty cheap  !!!   Lowes had it 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparguy01

hmmm. a talking one may be annoying enough....... :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

Quote from: moparguy01 on January 12, 2012, 01:44:01 PM
hmmm. a talking one may be annoying enough....... :icon_smile_big:
it almost yells at you , just setting it up and testing it got on my nerves
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dino

87 db is pretty annoying!  Try to hook it up to a stereo system.  Daltrey's yell at the end of Won't get fooled again at 127 db oughta do it!   :D
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

kab69440

Buy any detector you like. Unhook the speaker wires. Splice the speaker wires into the activation circuit for one of those old Cold War vintage, Hemi powered air raid sirens. Seems like it ought to work?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

bakerhillpins

Use this one: KidSmart Vocal Smoke Alarm Detector
http://www.amazon.com/KidSmart-Vocal-Smoke-Alarm-Detector/dp/B0018SANVY

It allows you to record your own message!  :2thumbs:  :naughty:

QuoteTechnical Details

* "Familiar Voice" WAKE-UP Alarm records your own message to wake up your child
    * Personalized Escape Instructions helps your child recall his escape plan to exit your home
    * LOUD 85 dbs "Familiar Voice" Output
    * Directional Speaker - adjustable so the speaker can be aimed at your child's bed
    * Fire Drill Feature - practice your escape plan with your family
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Todd Wilson

Good idea but I doubt cig smoke will be enough to set it off.......................

Todd

The70RT

Start spiking her cigarettes with something. This is pretty bad......but I it worked, a coworker at work was sneaking around smoking and kept getting us all in trouble. We killed flies and stuffed them in the ends of the cigarettes and everytime he lit up he coughed his ass off and got sick. He actually quit for a  week :smilielol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Todd Wilson

Quote from: The70RT on January 12, 2012, 11:00:59 PM
Start spiking her cigarettes with something. This is pretty bad......but I it worked, a coworker at work was sneaking around smoking and kept getting us all in trouble. We killed flies and stuffed them in the ends of the cigarettes and everytime he lit up he coughed his ass off and got sick. He actually quit for a  week :smilielol:

HAHA!  Good idea!   Good ol cigarette loads work too!

Todd

Tilar

Quote from: Todd Wilson on January 12, 2012, 11:50:07 PM

HAHA!  Good idea!   Good ol cigarette loads work too!

Todd

:smilielol:  We used to do that at work, and all of us smoked at the time so we all got it sooner or later.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

dkn1997

Hemi Powered, 4 mile range....

RECHRGED

FLG

I assume you have a compressor in your garage??

Buy a set of train horns (air) and find a way to hook it up to the output of the smoke detector to trip a relay and turn on the horns....that will surely work. But again im not sure if cigg smoke will set of a detector.

dkn1997

Quote from: FLG on January 22, 2012, 08:47:14 PM
I assume you have a compressor in your garage??

Buy a set of train horns (air) and find a way to hook it up to the output of the smoke detector to trip a relay and turn on the horns....that will surely work. But again im not sure if cigg smoke will set of a detector.

My friend has those in his truck and while I'm old enough I shouldn't think that's funny....   
RECHRGED