News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stuffing rims tire combo in a rear 3rd gen...

Started by 1974dodgecharger, January 17, 2012, 08:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

What I like about the 2nd gen chargers is that it seems alot of guys are 'able' to stuff their stuff under the lips of their rear chargers. Im curious is it possible with 3rd gen we can do the same? Would this require a 'major' modification to get it 'stuffed' in the rear wheel well?  I like that hidden look.

Hemidog

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on January 20, 2012, 03:08:38 PM
he sold that car had got a green 72.

correct, but now I think the is trying to sell his 72 I believe? Its a nice one last time I remember with A/C too since its needed in AZ

Cooter

Simply put? From the thread it would appear you need to do a little moe than buy a set of 10" wheels and dump 295/50/15's under the car.

I'd say that's too much tire to fit without moving the rear springs and or mini tubbing the rear. While it looks killer, there is a reason that "look
" hasn't been pulled off but very few times without rubbing problems. The ones that are doing it successfully have done it by modding the rear suspension the way it should be. These cars were NEVEr meant to have that wide a wheel/tire under the rear. unless you run air shocks that is.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

1974dodgecharger

yeah good points bro, been searching the net and it seems thats the only thing to do is mod the rear trunk area which I dont want to do. Its not like modern cars where we can lower the suspension and what not and put some bigger rims and/or wider setup ni there etc.

Im gonna stick with a fellow member what he has done get some black crags at summit and some 285s or so.  :2thumbs:
Quote from: Cooter on January 22, 2012, 09:45:06 AM
Simply put? From the thread it would appear you need to do a little moe than buy a set of 10" wheels and dump 295/50/15's under the car.

I'd say that's too much tire to fit without moving the rear springs and or mini tubbing the rear. While it looks killer, there is a reason that "look
" hasn't been pulled off but very few times without rubbing problems. The ones that are doing it successfully have done it by modding the rear suspension the way it should be. These cars were NEVEr meant to have that wide a wheel/tire under the rear. unless you run air shocks that is.