News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Quick suspension question

Started by dlo3575, January 21, 2012, 07:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlo3575

I am helping my son rebuild his suspension on his 69 Charger (see my earlier post and pics).  We are in the assembly process now and I ran into a small issue.  Which way should the center link be orientated?  SEE PICTURES:

I can't tell which way the center link should go!
D. Lee Herrera
MOPAR Newbie
1969 Charger (son's)
2009ZR1
2003 50th Anniv. Corvette Convertible
1964 Impala SS Vert
1963 Impala SS 4 spd 327-300HP

404NOTFOUND

Here is a pic of mine looking down from the front of the car. Looks to me like you have it in the right position. Hope that helps.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

dlo3575

Thank you MOPAR folks!  I appreciate the great feedback and links!  You saved me a bunch of headaches!
D. Lee Herrera
MOPAR Newbie
1969 Charger (son's)
2009ZR1
1964 Impala SS Vert

Cooter

Not to kick you in the balls, but that link should only go on one way as the holes are TAPERED.....

Might wanna look into a set of Disc brakes too....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

dlo3575

You know, I was thinking about that yesterday.  I was so focused on keeping it stock, that I did not think about that simple upgrade....

Hey MOPAR folks, where can I get torque specs for the front suspension on a 69 Charger?
D. Lee Herrera
MOPAR Newbie
1969 Charger (son's)
2009ZR1
1964 Impala SS Vert

Cooter

Most on here, myself included, usually go for the "German" spec of "Goodentite"....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

b5blue

If you don't have an FSM (Factory Service Manual) get one! I recommend  www.autobooksbishko.com  highly, he has CD and paper available and sells on eBay also. (Call or email him for a better price.) In 17 years of buying stuff for my 70 Charger and many repairs this book is the single BEST investment so far! The details and direct factory specifications along with procedures for removal, tear down and assembly are priceless.  :2thumbs: