News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW ? 70 R/T 4 speed FC7 rusty project

Started by charger_fan_4ever, January 20, 2012, 09:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_fan_4ever

Come to find out this car is like 10 minutes from me. Never seen it but by the looks of the rust in the trunk i'd think frame rails required. Says it has the #'s transmission,fender tag and all body #'s match. Missing the engine. Has power steering and electric windows. Looks like a black top with white tail stripe originally. Says it still has the dana 60.
$7000 OBO

It is in slightly worse shape than what i started with, but if i didn't already have a fair chunk of metal work done on my 70 RT I would have bought it took the best parts from my 70 and sold it off. Gotta love the color and 4 speed. Mine is b5/white inside/white top/auto. I plan on going yellow. If my car would have been any color other than blue i would keep it original. Kind of scared on the blue color. If i had this one I would definately restore back to original.

Says it came from new york

http://www.lespac.com/vehicules/antiques-collection/sherbrooke/d-charger-rt-440-4-speed-LPaZZ25026004WWcpZZ50WWgrZZ12

I was thinking $5k if the frame rails and unibody were ok. If those need replacing probably less.

bakerhillpins

WOW  :o  Both on the cool car meter :drool5: and on the whole lotta rust scale.  :eek2:

Honestly, I am not too sure that good/bad frame rails is going to make a whole lot of difference. Did you see the underside of the hood? All the floor pans are shot. It's a great car but I would think that even 5k is a lot. Assuming Canadian $$?

Does it have a broadcast sheet?

Sorry to hear you don't like the Blue cars. I think you have one sweet colored car there.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

charger_fan_4ever

Does not mention the build sheet.

I think i might just go take a look at it this weekend. Problem is i'd never get out the money I have in my 70 the way it is now. I'd have to finish it to even think about selling.

I paid $5k for mine with a 383/auto in 2008. Needed all the panels/floor pans. The frame rails and unibody were solid. Around here in the east finding a project with good rails is a bonus lol.

There is noway I can swing restoring two chargers. Hate to start over with floor pans on the purple one as mine has an amd full floor already put in ,inner fenders,door hinge pillars,upper/lower cowl. Roof skin is cut off ready for the new one to go back on. I have all the rear AMD clip ready to go. Have rust free doors,fenders and hood.

Mind you i don't plan on selling once done, so does not really what the fender tag says. I like the FC7 color, but on my current car if its not original color its going either yellow or black. If the fender tag called for FC& that would be a different story.

But the color combo 4 gear is awesome on this FC7 car.

F8-4life

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: terrible one on January 20, 2012, 07:42:04 PM
I think this is the same car that member "Bigblocktony" unearthed and was trying to sell a little while back.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6.msg938417.html#msg938417

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82325.msg938248.html#msg938248

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,83605.msg938131.html#msg938131

Where was bigblock tony from ?

I don't think its the same car as BB tony says his was a console delete car. I called the seller tonight and it is a console car. I looked at the pics and you can see the console brackets are in place and purple.

I asked about the rear rails and he said so/so. :S Also no build sheet just fender tag.
Going to check it out this weekend. Said he has another "body" for parts(at extra cost). Lots of number swaps done here in quebec. I know of 2 hemi cars that are still here and are body swaps.
Worse case scenario maybe i can pick up some parts for my 70 off him.

Be a shame if this car ends up a body swap or parted out. Mind you other than the tranny and dana not much else left I fear.

terrible one

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on January 20, 2012, 08:08:59 PM
Quote from: terrible one on January 20, 2012, 07:42:04 PM
I think this is the same car that member "Bigblocktony" unearthed and was trying to sell a little while back.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6.msg938417.html#msg938417

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82325.msg938248.html#msg938248

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,83605.msg938131.html#msg938131

I don't think its the same car as BB tony says his was a console delete car. I called the seller tonight and it is a console car. I looked at the pics and you can see the console brackets are in place and purple.

I asked about the rear rails and he said so/so. :S
Going to check it out this weekend. Said he has another "body" for parts. Lots of number swaps done here in quebec. i know of 2 hemi cars that are still here and are body swaps.

Ah right on. Perhaps it is a different car. Two very simlar, very cool, very clapped out 70's then!  Looking at his profile BBTony is in Connecticut. Also a CT plate on the '70 he pictured.

Let us know what you find when you go to look at the car!

charger_fan_4ever

Will report back. That color combo and hand shaker has me thinking hard.

Am I the only crazy one that would consider it at $5k ? I might be as it would be in the garage already if i didn't already have one.

I wonder why the front is propped up on jack stands ? torsion bar cross member a little soft ? :S

My guess if it sells it will probably go to someone that thinks they will be able to get it done 1 day and that day will never come. No flipper will buy it as at the price its at there is no profit margin. A money bags wouldn't buy it as it would end up costing more to restore it at a shop then you could buy a turn key for.

skip68

I have to be honest.   To me, that's a $2,500 car.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

charger_fan_4ever

Honesty is good. i need the most sense slapped into me before I go see it lol.

six-tee-nine

Not good on pricing I am....

But I think it's a cool car to have. And i do think its worth restoring but it needs a ton of work and even more new sheetmetal. But I'd rather restore that one to its full glory than buying a driver 69 with a 318 auto.

If it was close and I had the cash to make a deal with the guy I'd be all over it......
But be carefull that he does'nt kick you off his yard when you say $2500
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

1970Moparmann

If I was in the market and looking for a project,  I probably would pay up to $6k for the car - why, I love 70's and Plum Crazy with a 4 speed.   :2thumbs:

Here is what the car would look like restored (this is mine)-

If you look at my 68, this is what it looked like when I traded for it-

This car wound up needing - front and rear frame rails, rockers, floors, doors and quarters.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: six-tee-nine on January 21, 2012, 07:28:33 AM
Not good on pricing I am....

But I think it's a cool car to have. And i do think its worth restoring but it needs a ton of work and even more new sheetmetal. But I'd rather restore that one to its full glory than buying a driver 69 with a 318 auto.

If it was close and I had the cash to make a deal with the guy I'd be all over it......
But be carefull that he does'nt kick you off his yard when you say $2500

Lol the guy is a flipper I wouldn't even try $2500. He had a 70 RT T5 a couple years ago for sale. All #'s matching drivetrain. It ran but the body was almost as rough. He started out at 18k :O last time i saw it he had it down to $8,900 on ebay. He has a few newer and older cars/trucks bikes for sale. Money is not an issue I'm sure. I'll bring $5k with me and if the amount of rust isn't overly depressing I'll offer that. I couldn't offer $2500. Don't B body Dana 60's sell for $2k ?

If it needs a upper/lower cowl and door hinge pillars like what has already been changed on my car I think I'll pass. Going tomorrow...

F8-4life

If any charger deserves to be brought back from the dead it's an fc7 4 speed R/T am I right?

charger_fan_4ever

Interesting, I looking at the color breakdown on the 70 registry site. FC7 was the most common color of the R/T's with 1199 built. There were actually less B5 R/T's built 1012. Learn something new everyday.

Mind you I still think the FC7 would bring more $$ even if it was an automatic.

Well i called Friday night and tried to see it Saturday, but he couldn't. Was suppose to see it today and when i called he said he had something and would call back later in the day. Never heard anything from him. Probably wants to build up my desire..... Oh well.

charger_fan_4ever

Ad taken down locally and now on ebay for more $$.
Buy it now $8k

I can't believe someone has bid it to almost 5k without even seeing it. Looks worse than I thought. There are holes on the floor hump even and the inner rockers look crisy too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250998910582

Tilar

Going to check it out this weekend. Said he has another "body" for parts. Lots of number swaps done here in quebec. i know of 2 hemi cars that are still here and are body swaps.

It's the same car. They both have the same CT plate number.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Tilar on February 21, 2012, 02:01:39 PM

It's the same car. They both have the same CT plate number.

Good eye
Wasn't BBtony wanting in the 6-8k range too ? Dunno why he would have thought he could flip it for more. Can't see it worth the hassle of crossing the border and all to make $1000 ?

surmanajaja

a few usable parts in the car that are not worth a lot. i dont think i could make that car a driver in my lifetime and with the current prices I think you would have to be insane to start working on that. probably the numbers will end up in a donor 318 car sometime in the future.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: surmanajaja on February 22, 2012, 01:23:18 AM
a few usable parts in the car that are not worth a lot. i dont think i could make that car a driver in my lifetime and with the current prices I think you would have to be insane to start working on that. probably the numbers will end up in a donor 318 car sometime in the future.

Owner said it came with another shell.......

bullit68

While were on the subject of purple chargers,back in 1991-92 i bought an all numbers matching purple 70 rt 440 4spd charger for $1200.00.It was rough for the time,not much rust at all,and it was a running and driving car,but it was hit in the rear end and one frame rail was pushed up a bit.Ugly to look at but totally fixable.After a week of ownership,i decided it wasn't for me and i sold it to a friend.He decided to make a street/race car out of it to enter into the "one lap of america" road race.Yes the same one run in the eastern states that Erenberg ran the green brick in.They did an article about it in mopar action in the early nineties,it was painted panther pink.Such a waste of a rare desirable car.Wish i still had it today.

Indygenerallee

Wow that is one rusty 70!!! That thing needs a proper burial! way too much rot, I would bet good money the axle tubes on that Dana 60 have some serious thick scale rust just looking at that pic! parts car and thats all it is. :-\
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.