News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A Little Video Shoot.

Started by NYCMille, January 13, 2012, 08:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCMille

Hey guys -

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this. I did some filming with transcontinental record holder Alex Roy a few weeks ago in San Francisco with the Charger for his new show on Youtube's new car channel DRIVE. We did a little sight seeing, a little eating and at days end had a great day even I didn't know where the hell I was going. The name of his show is "Live and Let Drive" and is based around the notion that cars are for driving regardless of the year, make or model.

Anyway, here you go... "http://youtu.be/0yrnC2hNs-8"

Cheers - Mike  :icon_smile_cool:

Drache

Is it just me or did anyone else expect to see a green mustang in front of that charger on some of those shots?  :shruggy:

And I just love Dodge cars. No matter how nice you seem to make your old mopar, the doors will always sound like old mopar doors  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

WHITE AND RED 69

Damn that car looks good!  :drool5: 
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Back N Black

Nice Vid! lots of nice crusin shots. Mike, you did not seem to be impressed.

ChgrSteve67

My sister in-law works at LLL and every few years she takes the family on a tour and shows us some of the projects they work on there. Very cool stuff.

I hope you join us for one of the Treasure Island meets this year.
I really hope we can do another Hwy 1 cruise.

Thanks for posting the vid, I enjoyed it a lot.

SF is a fun place to drive around but driving in the city can be frightening especially if your in a petal pusher.

Fred

That was sweet, mine's a black 68 but I don't get to see how good it looks cruising along as I'm always in the driver's seat. Plus seeing San Fransisco again was an added bonus.
It's been a while since I was last there. Love that city!  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Dans 68

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on January 13, 2012, 11:44:54 PM
...SF is a fun place to drive around but driving in the city can be frightening especially if your in a petal pusher.

Thanks to David for that bit of knowledge....  :lol:   Another Treasure Island cruise will happen.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Finn

I can't believe you wussed out on going to area 51!

Just messing, that was actually pretty entertaining. I enjoyed it.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

BBKNARF

The show looks interesting, I think the guy in the store that didn't want to be on camera is an illegal immigrant.
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: Finn on January 14, 2012, 02:30:06 PM
I can't believe you wussed out on going to area 51!

Can you even go to Area 51? Is there anything other than a sign that says stay the hell out.

I hear security at A51 is not as polite as the security at LLL

Finn

Pretty sure that would be a no unless you have clearance.
I heard that there are sites a lot more secretive than A51, since we're poking at the conspiracy theory fire anyway.  :rofl:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Rolling_Thunder

they forgot to censor the word at 5:27 ------   shame shame.    :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

1970Moparmann

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on January 13, 2012, 09:57:32 PM
Damn that car looks good!  :drool5:  

Sure as hell does!   :2thumbs:

Don't know my thoughts about this show at this point. Hmm...  Kind of thinking the Charger was the climax show. 
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

nvrbdn

good video, car sounds great. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

cazz

He must of had a hot wife to go home to.. I would be checken out 51 for sure... :2thumbs:

RECHRGD

The Charger is looking great Mike.  Funny reading the comments after the video......Most of the people hated the show but loved the Charger...
13.53 @ 105.32

b5blue

Mike you did right by leaving his butt. Would I take THAT car to get sandblasted and sleep in a freakin sleeping bag out in the desert....HELL NO! For what? To end up wearing an aluminum foil hat explaining this is for a show to the Feds?  :lol: He's kinda weird man, I don't think he "gets" all the work and money you have in your car. It would have been cool in a exotic rental car as a road trip to weirdo-ville but he should have not made it a "mystery destination" for you. Your a good sport for going along as far as you did!  :2thumbs:

NYCMille

Well, the good news is this - I just got word that I'm getting my own show on the DRIVE network on Youtube based entirely around muscle cars. I'm going to cover everything that has to do with the muscle car culture from numbers matching and pro-touring cars, to old school gassers and sleeper cars, to home built rat rods and one-offs. The key to the show though will be that every car featured on my show MUST BE DRIVEN. No trailer queens here.

I'll keep you posted so stay tuned.  :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1970Moparmann

Quote from: NYCMille on January 15, 2012, 02:53:57 PM
Well, the good news is this - I just got word that I'm getting my own show on the DRIVE network on Youtube based entirely around muscle cars. I'm going to cover everything that has to do with the muscle car culture from numbers matching and pro-touring cars, to old school gassers and sleeper cars, to home built rat rods and one-offs. The key to the show though will be that every car featured on my show MUST BE DRIVEN. No trailer queens here.

Congrats Mike!  Come to Chicago!!!!   :2thumbs:

Well deserved Mike.

You friends show will be hit or miss for me, but the one that will be yours sounds AWESOME!
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

b5blue

Quote from: NYCMille on January 15, 2012, 02:53:57 PM

Now were talking! Will you include "works under progress" in this also?  :2thumbs:

NYCMille

Works in progress will definitely be covered - right now it's all about what we can fit into our budget!

Rolling_Thunder

I got a work in progress   haha 
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip